Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Here is a question:

Are there any instruments in Syntronik that do NOT have the DRIFT ? For example, just samples of the regular oscillators synced?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Just a quick comment on Syntronik. I bought this when it came out and I was kind of in 2 minds as I was really not impressed with Sampletank 3 when it came out. I have recently been on a break from music (I almost walked away entirely) due to being totally distracted by GAS and internet stuff. Since getting back into it, I have really been working with unexpected tools like AAS Strum and chromaphone. I was struggling to find an authentic sounding synth lead sound for a track I am working on and I thought give Syntronik a spin...Well, what a revelation. The presets in this synth are so accessible and immediately useful, it is amazing. I very quickly found just the right lead sound for the track and it just sits so nicely in the mix. I was able to audition a lot of sounds and a lot seemed to sit well in the sweet spot for the style of songs I write (sort of indie 80s synth and guitar pop).

So, I just want to say thank you to IK and a big well done to the development team...great stuff. :tu:

Saukar30 wrote:Here is a question:

Are there any instruments in Syntronik that do NOT have the DRIFT ? For example, just samples of the regular oscillators synced?
I'm checking on this to be sure I give you the proper information. Thank you for your patience.

Edit - I received an answer:

Some of the sync sweeps and full patch samples do not use the DRIFT algorithm since the round robin playback is creating the realistic variations on repeated notes for those. Our sound designers have made the decision carefully for each instrument. The instrument, “Sync Sweep Light,” in the free desktop version is a good example of this. Also, the DRIFT algorithm is not used on the 99 and Blau instruments since those have digital oscillators that do not … drift.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacqueslacouth wrote:Just a quick comment on Syntronik. I bought this when it came out and I was kind of in 2 minds as I was really not impressed with Sampletank 3 when it came out. I have recently been on a break from music (I almost walked away entirely) due to being totally distracted by GAS and internet stuff. Since getting back into it, I have really been working with unexpected tools like AAS Strum and chromaphone. I was struggling to find an authentic sounding synth lead sound for a track I am working on and I thought give Syntronik a spin...Well, what a revelation. The presets in this synth are so accessible and immediately useful, it is amazing. I very quickly found just the right lead sound for the track and it just sits so nicely in the mix. I was able to audition a lot of sounds and a lot seemed to sit well in the sweet spot for the style of songs I write (sort of indie 80s synth and guitar pop).

So, I just want to say thank you to IK and a big well done to the development team...great stuff. :tu:
Wow, thank you so much for the kind words. I'll let the team know for sure!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:Here is a question:

I'm checking on this to be sure I give you the proper information. Thank you for your patience.

Edit - I received an answer:

Some of the sync sweeps and full patch samples do not use the DRIFT algorithm since the round robin playback is creating the realistic variations on repeated notes for those. Our sound designers have made the decision carefully for each instrument. The instrument, “Sync Sweep Light,” in the free desktop version is a good example of this. Also, the DRIFT algorithm is not used on the 99 and Blau instruments since those have digital oscillators that do not … drift.
Cool!! Thank you for the answers, Peter!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Downloaded the iPad free version. The full version is about 4 GB, so it doesn't come anyway near the 50 GB of the desktop version (which is so fine with me). And yes, yes: Meh it is a rompler, meh you cannot change waveforms, meh it doesn't sound exactly like its sample sources and..and..and...therefore I bought it. Actually it is the most expensive iPad synth I have bought. I couldn't help it. It was so easy to turn some of the demo patches into realistic sounding analogish basses that I just had to buy it. The filter env makes all the difference. If this is a "weak rompler", I look forward to see some the strong ones for iPad.

Hmm. Could have made a big difference if you could choose to spread osc 1 and 2 so one could be used as sub. Could it be added or is the deal done for updates too?

I just tried the iOS demo out of curiosity. And... meh... it's a rompler. Nothing wrong with it, and the existing patches sound good. It just isn't my cup of tea.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Caine123 wrote:this is just annoying.... i downloaded EACH file and now i have to run for every sound pack each installer?

jeez.... wtf
I agree :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

We have published a new video Syntronik Tutorial Series: Effects -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WAYWsDH0hA

Sweet :tu:

Good to see how it gets ignored...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

So where's that version 1.1 with Aftertouch support ? :wink:

What am I thinking ? There is no money to be made with free updates. :dog:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:So where's that version 1.1 with Aftertouch support ? :wink:

What am I thinking ? There is no money to be made with free updates. :dog:
The team is working on updates to both the desktop and iPad versions of Syntronik. There are a lot of things on their plate, beyond that there's nothing sinister going on nor any real reason to cause cynicism.

Caine123 wrote:Good to see how it gets ignored...
What? Your post agreeing with yourself after no other KVRians chimed in? Sorry you didn't really ask a question [edit - or what you "asked" seemed clearly rhetorical since you knew the answer] and the topic was covered and the suggestion already relayed long ago.

Return to “Instruments”