Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VIP (Virtual Instrument Player)

sbangs_air wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
krreed wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:I have only one feature request. The ability to route MIDI plugins (Nora, Cthulhu etc...) to other instruments in Multi Mode. :)
That sounds like a great idea. Did you make that request at Akai Pro?
Actually no. Unfortunately I'm one of those "my vote doesn't count" guys, so I normally would not send feature request to companies because I believe they're going to do what they want to do anyway and couldn't give a crap about what I believe they should include in their software, so it's basically a waste of effort for me. I just figured I'd throw it out there because it would be nice to have that functionality so I can use some of my favorite MIDI tools in VIP 3.
I have noted it down for you :) Every vote counts VIP is entirely user driven in terms of the features added and 3.0 includes many of the most requested items.
Hey, thanks alot man. Just started using VIP's automation capabilities with Studio One 3 today and I'm really digging this. I'm also enjoying the fact that I'm quickly finding sounds that I didn't even know I had. It's great not looking at the plugins, but just listening to the sounds regardless of the brand or model of the plugin. It's also great to be able to quickly rate each preset on the fly for future reference, even if not using them at the moment. I'm finally building my favorites library once and for all. I never realized how difficult it was to manage all of my plugins and presets before using VIP. The workflow is way better than Kore 2 in that respect. Totally happy with this. Can't wait to see what the future holds for VIP.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I totally agree about the speed in finding exactly the sound you are looking for in VIP !
Wow, working via patches, as opposed to working via instruments, has really been a game changer (for me anyway) !

I would have to agree too that VST3 support would be the next logical killer addition to VIP !
I'd love to be able to access my Halion content from within VIP, but unfortunately Halion is VST3.

I'm a Mac user, so the ability to host VST's in Logic is another added bonus too !

The only depressing part is that I'm finding out how much time I've actually wasted, tweaking plugins to get certain sounds I wanted at the time.
It does kind of suck to find out the analog lead patch you spent an hour getting just right, sounds exactly like a preset you had all along LinPlug's Free Alpha or Crystal, which you haven't opened in 10 years. DOH ! :dog:

I've been finding that a lot of my favorite patches were written before I wrote them. :)
Again, I have to say... DOH ! :dog:

So much time wasted. :)

- Jay

Just a pity there is not such a thriving user led mapping community - even now with Kore some of us are still keeping that going - they need to learn the lesson that this is so important for sustainability and reaching out to the widest number of people

aMUSEd wrote:Just a pity there is not such a thriving user led mapping community - even now with Kore some of us are still keeping that going - they need to learn the lesson that this is so important for sustainability and reaching out to the widest number of people
A large number of users are sharing maps on the Akai Forums :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Bug Music wrote:I totally agree about the speed in finding exactly the sound you are looking for in VIP !
Wow, working via patches, as opposed to working via instruments, has really been a game changer (for me anyway) !

I would have to agree too that VST3 support would be the next logical killer addition to VIP !
I'd love to be able to access my Halion content from within VIP, but unfortunately Halion is VST3.

I'm a Mac user, so the ability to host VST's in Logic is another added bonus too !

The only depressing part is that I'm finding out how much time I've actually wasted, tweaking plugins to get certain sounds I wanted at the time.
It does kind of suck to find out the analog lead patch you spent an hour getting just right, sounds exactly like a preset you had all along LinPlug's Free Alpha or Crystal, which you haven't opened in 10 years. DOH ! :dog:

I've been finding that a lot of my favorite patches were written before I wrote them. :)
Again, I have to say... DOH ! :dog:

So much time wasted. :)

- Jay
We are looking at VST3 support but the format has its problems and quriks :)
We wanted to make sure VST format was as solid as possible before taking on more formats.

Glad to hear your finding your content, this for me is one of my biggest enjoyments of the program as you find content you never realized you even had.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

sbangs_air wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Just a pity there is not such a thriving user led mapping community - even now with Kore some of us are still keeping that going - they need to learn the lesson that this is so important for sustainability and reaching out to the widest number of people
A large number of users are sharing maps on the Akai Forums :)
Well, many links are dead, and that's why it would be good if Akai creates a platform where users can upload and download.

Yeah when I asked about this before I was told lots of links were dead

Hi,

Just to add some reality here to those who are looking at specs and not the day to day reality.

I bought the Akai S61 (599 euro) on the basis of the advertised capabilities.

So far the experience has been terrible and I would change in an instance to NI if it were possible.

Features advertised but never worked like Arturia integration to the constant crashes and wierd behavior when using vst's.

Of course as an owner I would like people to get behind this and so support would be better and development perhaps faster.

However, I really think you should think hard before putting yourself through Akai's terrible support of this product.

Just go to their support forum (or here at KVR) and search for past threads and I think you will run a million miles from this one.

And this is a good, recent, example of how people feel about this product software

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... in-reality

And the forum is full of these. Simon states there is a community online making maps but they are just trying to salvage something from this disaster and there are about 5 maps mostly trying to get around the poor arterial support which is claimed as a feature but doesn't work

And just another gem from Akai 'Pro' forum

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... -3-0-crash

Ok, Chicken Little.
Dude, that's just a couple of cases of people who didn't set it up properly and a random transposition problem which can be resolved with a workaround. It works perfect for me, and for hundreds, if not thousands of people worldwide who have gotten into this software and have busted their ass getting it up and running and set up correctly. No company is perfect, and none will ever be. I get that you have some personal vendetta against Akai, but my suggestion, to you, would be to take it up with them. Please, there's no need to keep beating on and on about the imminent apocalypse brought on by a couple of people ranting on a forum that's going on inside your head. You're not going to get positive results that way.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

plopseaw wrote:Hi,

Just to add some reality here to those who are looking at specs and not the day to day reality.

I bought the Akai S61 (599 euro) on the basis of the advertised capabilities.

So far the experience has been terrible and I would change in an instance to NI if it were possible.

Features advertised but never worked like Arturia integration to the constant crashes and wierd behavior when using vst's.

Of course as an owner I would like people to get behind this and so support would be better and development perhaps faster.

However, I really think you should think hard before putting yourself through Akai's terrible support of this product. Just go to their support forum (or here at KVR) and search for past threads and I think you will run a million miles from this one.
Hello, sorry to hear that you're having problems, with the product. If there is an issue we can be of service with please let us know. We genuinely want to help.

Unfortunately, looking at your post history on KVR many of your posts just seem to be of a vauge deagorty nature towards our products and brands.

While every effort is made to support the widest range of Plugins some plugins have unique engines or may have issues themselves. 3.0 addresses all known issues at this time and we will keep updating to ensure best possible support. Some plugins require special mappings or the support of their developers which is not always forthcoming. We are working with Arturia to bring new mappings for their latest engine, 3.0 fully supports their player and we are just waiting for their maps.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

We genuinely want to help.
...but we can't, since we spent all the money on martketing instead of software team :smack:

How about you make VIP and other products actually work before epxending target userbase?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Firstly, Simon then organize me at least a refund at MusicStore.de (you can reach me personally here at kvr ) and I am happy to 'get over it' Go on.. and for the others it would be good customer service wouldn't it ? I'll report it here if you do and we are all good.
I am a loyal customer I have almost all your other products so if you can't be honest with me then who can you offer a 'working product' to.

Do you think that looking at previous complaints against this product and trying to shame a customer that has already giving you 600 + the rest is good customer service ;) Please try again

Orbit50 you sound like a shill for Akai ; and I'll leave it there

Just look at Acai Pro Community forum before you buy!!

Still I am busy

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”