Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Reason 10 is somewhat of a paradox.

The stuff on offer in Reason 10 could just as easily have been a Rig (Bundle of REs) in the shop. There is very little incitement for existing users to upgrade at this point, especially users who might already be well equipped with various REs and VSTs (Serum, Komplete, Omnisphere, etc).

But with the inclusion of Europa in particular, I can definitely see the pull for someone who is choosing their first DAW.

eXode wrote:But with the inclusion of Europa in particular
After Thor, we get Europa. Is a rainbow flag included in the boxed version? Politically correct is a term for a reason. Who's next? Mohammad? Oh wait, he's a bad guy, we don't play and/or record with bad guys.

I've got no horse in this race so I should just probably shut up. It definitely feels quite weak for a x.0 release, but looking on the whole DAW market we've seen this trend becoming more common. New plugins, redesigned interfaces more gigabytes of samples.

But could it be that DAWs - generally speaking - have come so far that innovation is starting to look like a risky gamble. I mean - with most DAWs you have all the tools you need to do anything. Even the bundled effects are on a very high level today.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

sfxsound3 wrote:After Thor, we get Europa. Is a rainbow flag included in the boxed version? Politically correct is a term for a reason. Who's next? Mohammad? Oh wait, he's a bad guy, we don't play and/or record with bad guys.
I know you're trying to be cheeky, but mythological deities names for synths has been a mainstay in hardware since the first synths appeared. I think it's pretty cool, and keeps with the tradition.

Myself? I'm still waiting for an 8-Pound-Baby-Jesus Bass Machine.
Tm-Image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:After Thor, we get Europa. Is a rainbow flag included in the boxed version? Politically correct is a term for a reason. Who's next? Mohammad? Oh wait, he's a bad guy, we don't play and/or record with bad guys.
I know you're trying to be cheeky, but mythological deities names for synths has been a mainstay in hardware since the first synths appeared. I think it's pretty cool, and keeps with the tradition.

Myself? I'm still waiting for an 8-Pound-Baby-Jesus Bass Machine.
Tm-Image.jpg
But if we're talking mythology in particular, Europa was abducted (and possibly raped) by Zeus in bull form so I guess political correctness flew out the window with that one. :O

Meh. At some point, I liked Reason and considered purchasing a license. But with the current GUI and workflow, it makes no sense in 2017. It would look so dated and ridiculous on my 4K screen. Improvements in these areas would have made way more sense than just adding instruments.

eXode wrote: But if we're talking mythology in particular, Europa was abducted (and possibly raped) by Zeus in bull form so I guess political correctness flew out the window with that one. :O
Hahaha! Oh yeah, then there's that. :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

keel wrote:GUI fixes, but no. When you going to fix your super tiny little GUI's, fonts, playlist, etc.
Im not a reason user, but i was one when i started learning making music in 2005. When vst was introduced to Reason 9.5 i installed the trial version for curiosity and nostalgia and man the GUI really needs some heavy overhaul. What was usable on my 1024x768 screen 10 years ago now looks cramped, small and a little bit blurry on 1920x1080p :) Version 10 makes me think of an anniversary, GUI update would be a great anniversary gift for Reason users :)

EvilDragon wrote:The Reason rack gets really clunky to use in bigger projects, despite how "cool" it might look at first.
totaly agree

I actually think Reason rack would do great as instrument and vst instrument host being as vst instrument. WIth all those routings, modulation, effects it would be pretty cool to build own instruments by adding envelopes, lfos to synths that dont have (the legend).

Guys, you are so picky. I'm running Reason at 3840x1600, and my eyes are 42 years old. I don't have perfect vision, but no glasses either ;)

Just kidding. even though I don't have too much problem with the GUI, a re-sizable interface would be nice.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I am running Reason on a 5K screen at 5120 x 2880. My eyesight is rapidly degenerating due to diabetes but I can still work in Reason without much eye strain. I cannot however read the nutrition labels on ANY food packaging these days....so yeh, it could be a tad bigger, but not actually a catastrophe.

Elektronisch wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:The Reason rack gets really clunky to use in bigger projects, despite how "cool" it might look at first.
totaly agree

I actually think Reason rack would do great as instrument and vst instrument host being as vst instrument. WIth all those routings, modulation, effects it would be pretty cool to build own instruments by adding envelopes, lfos to synths that dont have (the legend).
I know it's f* offtopic, but can't resist, MUX knows it brilliantly and without it EDM in Cubase would huge PITA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EjCid ... e=youtu.be

sry for off again
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Does the beta sound good?

sfxsound3 wrote:After Thor, we get Europa. Is a rainbow flag included in the boxed version? Politically correct is a term for a reason.
How is Thor politically correct. Would it be better to call it Loki, as in LowKey ? :D
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xbitz wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
totaly agree

I know it's f* offtopic, but can't resist, MUX knows it brilliantly and without it EDM in Cubase would huge PITA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07EjCid ... e=youtu.be

sry for off again
I'm not sure if that is exactly essential for EDM... (after all, Cubase is, alongside Logic, probably one of the most used for EDM) but, that surely looks might powerful. I get the appeal.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”