Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

emtear wrote:I had correspondence with the developer and he is out there but he is working a “real” job.

I did not have time to read the whole tread, what exactly is the issue?
He doesn't respond to his customers. End of story.

wagtunes wrote:
emtear wrote:I had correspondence with the developer and he is out there but he is working a “real” job.

I did not have time to read the whole tread, what exactly is the issue?
He doesn't respond to his customers. End of story.
Yeah... if a customer is having problems the dev should be there to help. There is a critical bug in Kirnu Cream and he wont fix it (plays out of tempo at project sample rates other than 44.1k). That's just bad. At least Quinto gets around to fixing his products, if not after a long wait. But, it's hit and miss with plugin companies...

dark water wrote:Tom Maisey is still alive (I know because I had ''communication'' with him elsewhere two months ago).
So why didn't you politely ask, "wtf u think u doing?"

the last week i have play again with tangle and it could be incredible if his dev gives more love....

I've been using this synth exclusively for a few weeks now - inspired to go back to it after playing with Fathom for a bit. While Fathom has an incredible advantage simply from modulation sources, especially within the oscillators, I've found Tangle more intuitive and fun to explore - and nicer to look at. A bit of a learning curve on how the envelopes are used and the intricacies of the modulation values, but I can't get a bad sound from Tangle. The FM, especially is, for me, easier to see what's going on. Even as is, this synth has been my best buy for the money, and it's teaching me daily.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
plexuss wrote: Yeah... if a customer is having problems the dev should be there to help. There is a critical bug in Kirnu Cream and he wont fix it (plays out of tempo at project sample rates other than 44.1k). That's just bad. At least Quinto gets around to fixing his products, if not after a long wait. But, it's hit and miss with plugin companies...
If you try and warn people about bad developers, they don't like to hear it, and you'll get attacked for it. Such is life on KVR.
I must have missed it when someone got "attacked" in this thread, amid the warnings of this bad developer....where was that?

So here we are.

Sent him an email a few days ago and no response, just in case someone wants to know.

this synth could have a lot of potential.

Many users keep repeating and repeating since a long time that this developer sucks and he vanished a while ago with absolutely zero support now nor respect for his customers.

One day the word will spread :lol:
Last edited by Neon Breath on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forgot i even have this. :(

Distorted Horizon wrote:
dark water wrote:Tom Maisey is still alive (I know because I had ''communication'' with him elsewhere two months ago).
So why didn't you politely ask, "wtf u think u doing?"
Because I more politely sent him three emails over the course of five months to ask instead whether there was a chance to fix an issue I was having with the bought plugin not loading in my DAW.
He ignored all those requests.
Therefore I opened a dispute on Paypal,as it was still (just) within the time period.

Tom Maisey's (somewhat weird) ''communication'' was then to reimburse me in full for the plugin, but not provide any written comment whatsoever.
Since then, he has filed his company accounts - as evidenced on the internet.

Perhaps he just doesn't like people?

Tried a demo, very nice. AKWF is a nice to have off the bat. I might just pick this up to play with. I do like Mangle too.

dark water wrote:Perhaps he just doesn't like people?
No need to like. If he wants to lock himself somewhere, well be my quest. If providing support is too much, well I don't care if he doesn't. Though I'd be happy to see a text somewhere "updates come when they come. No support provided". Or something.

All I want from him is, that he'd finish the project :evil:

Distorted Horizon wrote:
dark water wrote:Perhaps he just doesn't like people?
...All I want from him is, that he'd finish the project :evil:
Yes.
The Tangle was really promising.

The Mangle is still my preferred granular synth.
Once one knows about the situation with dev, it still available for not much money.
Use at your own risk.

Return to “Instruments”