Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yep saw this!
As a user of Ozone 7 and Neutron 1, I'm really waiting to know more about this next release (mainly for the Vision Mixer and Tonal Balance Control :hyper:)

Visual Mixer seems to be something like Parallax Audio VSS2 (Virtual Sound Stage) where by positioning it automatically calculate early reflections of room plus other characteristics of position in space (like more high frequency content in front and less in back).

Yeah yeah.

Strange though that I've found the Elements versions to actually be very versatile. Even though they don't give as much tweaking, that's their strong point. Especially Ozone 7 Elements is super easy since one has to just dial through the presets to find a suitable one and perhaps adjust little bit of the very few sliders it presents to you. Occasionally I like simple tools over complex ones. Waves OneKnob series is popular for this same reason.

Unless of course this means updates to the Elements versions as well, then I'm interested.

Bit weird that they're skipping to Neutron 2 when it's only had a single update, but whatever needs to be done to progress the platform, I guess. Looking forward to it.

I hope they optimize CPU! A Pro Tools 12 session with 35 Neutron Advance takes 6 minutes to load on my dual core i5 MacBook Pro. None of my other plugins take so much time to open a session!

audiosabre wrote:Bit weird that they're skipping to Neutron 2 when it's only had a single update, but whatever needs to be done to progress the platform, I guess. Looking forward to it.
Neutron was announced almost exactly a year ago:
https://www.izotope.com/en/company/pres ... utron.html

And you're right they only did one major update:
https://www.izotope.com/en/support/prod ... notes.html

A couple of years ago there was quite a stir about this same release behaviour regarding Ozone.

Since they recently did a pretty deep discount I figured that this was probably the case. I upgraded from O6A to Music Production Bundle 2 for a very attractive price. They probably wanted as many as possible to get on the bandwagon before this update to cash in further on the upgrade. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing whats next :) I feel like with iZotope, its perfectly fine to lag a version or two behind and cash in on the deals, unless they do something truly revolutionary.

audiosabre wrote:Bit weird that they're skipping to Neutron 2 when it's only had a single update, but whatever needs to be done to progress the platform, I guess. Looking forward to it.
Why weird? Money, money, money.. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

^^^^
That's what it seems to me.

I get the feeling that iZotope don't go for multiple updates to a product; rather they release a new major version. Thus getting income for upgrades. For loyal users it's almost a subscription model in all but name.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Regarding Ozone 8, what are the new features/enhancements touted to entice the customer to upgrade? Regarding their recent versions, I understand that the IRC IV algo was a big enhancement from their earlier versions and worth the upgrade alone for many. IRC IV seems to allow you to hype the sound to be super loud and dynamic at the same time with their multiband dynamics and artificial transient enhancements. It's not as transparent though compared to something like the AOM Invisible Limiter V2.

> Regarding Ozone 8, what are the new features/enhancements touted to entice the customer to upgrade?

I have a similar questions, I have neither, how should I go about buying this? Should I buy the old one on discount and then upgrade or wait a month? I'd appreciate hearing from someone with experience so I'm not blindly betting. I should add I'm looking at the bundle.... what happens if I buy the bundle now and then Ozone 8 comes out next week?
Last edited by Circus on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Neutron was announced almost exactly a year ago:
https://www.izotope.com/en/company/pres ... utron.html

And you're right they only did one major update:
https://www.izotope.com/en/support/prod ... notes.html

A couple of years ago there was quite a stir about this same release behaviour regarding Ozone.
And don't forget about Iris! A real tragedy that it never became all it could have been.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Circus wrote:> Regarding Ozone 8, what are the new features/enhancements touted to entice the customer to upgrade?

I have a similar questions, I have neither, how should I go about buying this? Should I buy the old one on discount and then upgrade or wait a month? I'd appreciate hearing from someone with experience so I'm not blindly betting. I should add I'm looking at the bundle.... what happens if I buy the bundle now and then Ozone 8 comes out next week?
Since they're releasing the two simultaneously, it probably means they're gonna step up the bundle to V3 at the same time, probably meaning an upgrade price for all v2 owners.

IMO I think it's fine to lag a version or two behind since this is tools that are established and have been for a long while, so the older versions is very capable tools, not a bad way to get into it imo. Unless there's some revolutionary new feature that you just gotta have. I'ts gonna be interesting to see what they announce.

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
That's what it seems to me.

I get the feeling that iZotope don't go for multiple updates to a product; rather they release a new major version. Thus getting income for upgrades. For loyal users it's almost a subscription model in all but name.
Other than you don’t have to upgrade, you choose. Ozone 7 works perfectly and does the job, it’s great that they keep improving things and adding new features and it’s great that we can choose if we want or need those new features. Komplete updates every year but people don’t complain, and we all know if you skip a year (or even 2) you will come back in with an amazing value update (I went ozone 5 to 7 and was quite happy)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”