Recommandations for live playing DAWs?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

all these recommends are good for the purpose of the OP.
i would still highly recommend Ableton, there is nothing you cannot do with it in a live situation. all the mapping of the midi, key shortcuts and relatively uncluttered interface ( i am not the biggest fan of the GUI, but hey)..
you can save all your midi and automation setup and the arranger/clip view setup is awesome imho. most other daws have some similar structure but Ableton is the deepest and most potential.
someone mentioned Audiomulch. i had forgotten about it, but i used to use it a LOT.
i even met the programmer once, it's quite a great program. my only bugbear about it is there is no midi for vsti. but the control surface in Audiomulch is awesome.
you could use Audiomulch for some live processing. i hope it's still going. it's underrated ( or invisible - i guess a lot of people use things like Bidule. i don't have the time to get across that, but Audiomulch is really easy to learn.
that's my 2 pence...

inkwarp wrote:
someone mentioned Audiomulch. i had forgotten about it, but i used to use it a LOT.
i even met the programmer once, it's quite a great program. my only bugbear about it is there is no midi for vsti. but the control surface in Audiomulch is awesome.
you could use Audiomulch for some live processing. i hope it's still going. it's underrated ( or invisible - i guess a lot of people use things like Bidule. i don't have the time to get across that, but Audiomulch is really easy to learn.
that's my 2 pence...
AudioMulch has offered MIDI routing/patching since version 2.0.
Last edited by dformd on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

i've configured reaper for use live with a yamaha wx5 as a controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ar_3nGx2w

theres some clips of me using this live with bands and recording on my soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/tonyostinato

dformd wrote:
inkwarp wrote:
that's my 2 pence...
AudioMulch has offered MIDI routing/patching since version 2.0.
apologies, i was talking about midi sequencing..

You might be on a PC, but Apple's MainStage is pretty good for live performance, and you will have access to the Instruments in Logic, including Alchemy and The Sampler with souped up features, for $30.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

Reaper + Playtime (https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/playtime/)
Apple Mainstage
Ableton Live

Update:

Thanks a lot all together for your tips/recommandations.
I had a look to the recommandetes DAWs.
Beside I had a test for 3 weeks on Cantabile 3.
I looked until yesterday of a alternative of Cantabile 3, cause I looked for a
DAW, which preloads several instances of e.g. Omnisphere and Kontakt.
On the end I upgraded my RAM to 32gb. Now I can preload at least 100
instances (I guess much more is possible).

I've recently switched to an Akai MPC Touch and their 2.0 software and I'm pretty happy. For the price of Live Suite, you'd get aTouch with nice hardware interface and a pretty good software.

Cantabile 3 is great for exactly what you need it for, yes! :) I hope it works for you stably.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

i dont do a lot of live shows but
i would say reaper with "playtime" is quite good and is cheap than abelton live
and i would say reaper is damm stable and cpu efficient than compared to reaper
and is quite fast to open and load
dat is all i would say
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”