Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

EnochLight wrote: Reason has never gotten a warm reception at KVR.
KVR is... wait for it...

a plugins forum

jancivil wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Reason has never gotten a warm reception at KVR.
KVR is... wait for it...

a plugins forum
Is i now?

"KVR Audio: News and info about Audio Plugins (Virtual Instruments and Virtual Effects) - VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU), AAX Plugins, Reason Rack Extensions, iOS Apps (iPhone and iPad), Android Audio Apps, Soundware and Pro Audio Hardware"
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

jancivil wrote:a plugins forum
butter me up and call me a scone, I didn't realize :P

EnochLight wrote:
deastman wrote:I was feeling a little nostalgic ans said tempted to jump back into Reason, not having used it since v4, if memory serves. But then I come here and find nothing but bitching and morning about how the new release sucks, how old bugs aren't being fixed, and how the GUI badly needs an overhaul. It doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling about buying it again. I guess I'll try the demo anyway...
And this surprises you? If memory serves anyone, Reason has never gotten a warm reception at KVR. Since it started to support VST, it's only been put under the microscope even more. I'd definitely give the demo a spin (wait until 10 drops officially), and see if it interests you. Version 4 is absolutely, 100%, nothing like what Reason is today - save for the fact that you can still access the rack. If you find the workflow or anything else not to your liking, then I'd stay where you're at.

I also use Studio One after using Reaper for years. Reason seems to be where I get 95% of my work done, though.

Most of the bitching and moaning is just from people who either want Reason to be something that's just like all of the other DAW, or cater to a specific issue that is particular to their needs. You'll see just as much moaning about updates from Logic, Cubase, etc...
Yeah I'm mostly feeling a little wistful for flipping the rack around, building complex effect chains driven by a bunch of matrix sequencers, that sort of thing. Really it isn't anything I couldn't do in Ableton or Bitwig. And I don't want to get sucked into buying rack extensions. But maybe I'll give the demo a spin and see how I feel then.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This is a great release as far as I'm concerned. Yet the stupid morons over at Reasontalk are pissing and moaning as per usual. What a rotten, dysfunctional world it is over there, where mods ban only a select few people that arent in the cabal if they say bad things about Props. Heck, I heard they recently banned a guy because he was gay, and the bullies who heckled him to breaking point apparently stayed around. Thats the story over at GS anyway. Sounds like the abuse of poor Theo all over again. It's a shame the arrogant dicks tending to the place arent kept in check

Anyway Reason 10 is insta-buy for me. Coming from v7, a series of mediocre releases all bundled together makes for a brilliant upgrade, and its specifically the moment I have been waiting for. Bring on October 25th !
Last edited by KarmaShaman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The name 'Europa' shits the hell out of me, because its implanted that stupid later era U2 song in my head, which I cant shake. Europa, Zeuropa, whatever it was. I can't even bring myself to googling it.

But name aside, it look like it will be a great inclusion to the rack.

I think ReasonTalk has become the de-facto forum. We're happy to support them.
Yep, we know Propellerhead is lining the pockets of Joey, Giles and Kenny, as well as the sly little manchild 'influencer' Dylan who you have running around spruiking your propaganda under the guise of an impartial member, to 'moderate' the anti-Reason sentiment if it touches too close to the truth. Probably easier for you guys to have others who are 'on the take' rather than have to answer your critics in your own forum. How convenient.
Last edited by KarmaShaman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Man this is becoming quite the year for Reason users. Version 9 was already a very strong release that included a lot of nice workflow enhancements like the player devices and the inline pitch corrector. Then they shocked everyone with the announcement that 9.5 would finally open the doors up to the VST plugin world. Now version 10 is coming out in less than a month and includes a bunch of new rack devices for us to play with. I cant wait for release day and if any of the rest of you have held out on the last few updates this should be where you jump on board :phones:
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Numanoid wrote:
jancivil wrote:a plugins forum
butter me up and call me a scone, I didn't realize :P
You're a scone.

[please apply butter yourself]

:lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

jjpscott01 wrote:Man this is becoming quite the year for Reason users. Version 9 was already a very strong release that included a lot of nice workflow enhancements like the player devices and the inline pitch corrector. Then they shocked everyone with the announcement that 9.5 would finally open the doors up to the VST plugin world. Now version 10 is coming out in less than a month and includes a bunch of new rack devices for us to play with. I cant wait for release day and if any of the rest of you have held out on the last few updates this should be where you jump on board :phones:
They are gearing up for a positive book-profit to show AVID's accountants next year, when Propellerhead sell to the real players in the DAW world.

Good riddance to the dimwits who keep the Swedish Jalopy on the road at present.

sfxsound3 wrote: Who's next? Mohammad? Oh wait, he's a bad guy, we don't play and/or record with bad guys.
Tori Amos wrote a song about him, so she's cool with ol' Mo. Any friend of Tori's is a friend of mine.

[quote="EnochLight"]Version 4 is absolutely, 100%, nothing like what Reason is today - save for the fact that you can still access the rack. [/quote

Get off the grass, Salaryman. Reason 4 and Reason 9 as MIDI device are virtually identical, apart from the mixing console and a RE's.

Stop trying to earn your commissions at the expense of other users' naivety. Its rather gauche and not the slightest bit adorable.

KarmaShaman wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Version 4 is absolutely, 100%, nothing like what Reason is today - save for the fact that you can still access the rack. [/quote

Get off the grass, Salaryman. Reason 4 and Reason 9 as MIDI device are virtually identical, apart from the mixing console and a RE's.

Stop trying to earn your commissions at the expense of other users' naivety. Its rather gauche and not the slightest bit adorable.
Yeah hes right though. Reason 4 and Reason 9 are incomparable. I mean I don't think anyone would dispute that. Maybe your talking about one specific feature or something and if that's the case, just ignore this post. But surely your not implying that as a whole they are even in the same world??
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote: Yeah hes right though. Reason 4 and Reason 9 are incomparable. I mean I don't think anyone would dispute that. Maybe your talking about one specific feature or something and if that's the case, just ignore this post. But surely your not implying that as a whole they are even in the same world??
Not of the same world ? What complete and utter rubbish. The rack skeuomorphism remains the same, all the same instruments that are in v4 are in v9, the MIDI sequencer has barely advanced, but there's a new console and the ability to use third party plugins. As of this moment, the only native killer synth is Thor, and...well... that's as old as Reason 4 also. I can open up a 10 year old project in version 9 and it will play just as if it were created yesterday. I can compose a song in Reason 9 with every tool that was available 10
years ago. The Reason concept has NEVER CHANGED. Not that this is a bad thing, but to say the versions are 'incomparable' is quite ridiculous. You need to stop being distracted by all the pretty lights and slick marketing mumbo jumbo that Propellerheads serve up every time they fart.

KarmaShaman wrote:You need to stop being distracted by all the pretty lights and slick marketing mumbo jumbo that Propellerheads serve up every time they fart.
Haha.. You seem a little sensitive about this software and since I don't know who you are or where its coming from I'll just say this. I don't easily get distracted by the "pretty lights and slick marketing mumbo jumbo" of any of these products seeing as my day job is in the software/web marketing industry. I do, however, recognize when a digital product has seen strong development over the years and Reason has grown a ton since version 4. I'm not going to sit here and list off every feature that's been added since then simply because it would take forever but you certainly don't need "slick marketing" to see that the two versions are worlds apart.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”