Newer B3 options?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have VB3, B4, and the NI sample library that they replaced B4 with. I was wondering if anything has come on the market that I may have missed in the past couple of years that is a step up from VB3 (which is by far my favorite of what I have). I just got signed up for a composing gig that's gonna be organ heavy so I'd like to have the best thing going. I don't have any real complaints for VB3, but some genius could have done some groundbreaking work and VB3 seems like it's not ever gonna get its long awaited update.

Thanks for any suggestions,
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I have VB3, B4, and the NI sample library that they replaced B4 with. I was wondering if anything has come on the market that I may have missed in the past couple of years that is a step up from VB3 (which is by far my favorite of what I have). I just got signed up for a composing gig that's gonna be organ heavy so I'd like to have the best thing going. I don't have any real complaints for VB3, but some genius could have done some groundbreaking work and VB3 seems like it's not ever gonna get its long awaited update.

Thanks for any suggestions,
JJ
Hi JJ

Check out Blue3 by gg-audio I am sure it will fit the bill perfectly.

Ray is a very reponsive guy and the website is www.gg-audio.com

Hope you find this helpfull

Regards
Surreal

It's open for debate if it's better than VB3, but this new release got some good attention:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/blue3-by-gg-audio

Also, B-5 Organ Version 2 by Acousticsamples is worth a look (uses ilok protection): https://www.acousticsamples.net/B5

Thanks y'all.

Pleasure
. Hope you find watch you searchin for

Revival is outstanding

Going with Blue3 primarily due to copy protection. No more C/R or dongles here. For a synthesized B3 it is extremely good.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

After using it on my latest project, I think it is hard to get as gutsy of a sound from any other plugin than Blue3.

aMUSEd wrote:Revival is outstanding
I like Revival, too. It's got attitude and certainly a lot of guts. A fun instrument to play!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I also like that you can take it further than the traditional B3 sounds.

aMUSEd wrote:Revival is outstanding
Wowzers. I think I'm probably gonna just keep VB3 for standard stuff, but I want to play with Revival. Seems like a pretty original take on organ type synthesis.

Can’t believe I’ve never heard of Revival before! Looking forward to checking it out.

Twrogstudio wrote:Can’t believe I’ve never heard of Revival before! Looking forward to checking it out.
Probably because it was first released as a Reason rack extension, and later reworked into VST format—with a modern lick of paint—by a different company. Despite the lack of fanfare, it's an interesting synth. It was originally designed by someone who used to work at Cakewalk.

db3 wrote:
Twrogstudio wrote:Can’t believe I’ve never heard of Revival before! Looking forward to checking it out.
Probably because it was first released as a Reason rack extension, and later reworked into VST format—with a modern lick of paint—by a different company. Despite the lack of fanfare, it's an interesting synth. It was originally designed by someone who used to work at Cakewalk.
Yes, the non-rack version seems to be a little out in the wilderness for some reason. I bought it and I’m happy I did. It does good organ sounds, but it does a whole lot besides that and it’s really fun to use. Always happy to find something new that puts a smile on my face :) .

Return to “Instruments”