Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Take away the added instruments/FX/Utilities that have been added over the years (and added ONLY because Reason users were unable to take advantage of the hundred thousand VSTs out there), the addition of audio recording (uh, more a 'desperate catch up' than a feature-rich release) and a cursory tweak to the sequencer GUI (where everything is still more or less in the same place anyway), and the last decade has seen sweet bugger all changes from version 4. The key aspects has NOT CHANGED. The Combinator is a relic from those times . The sampler capability is likewise in the same suspended time capsule. The ReGroove mixer is the same as it's always been. The soundbank to date hasn't been upgraded for years and years. The recent BS claim about that was just that, BS, as the 'new' sounds were existing FSB material put into combi's. More games of illusion, to claim that the advances are so incredible that they are 'worlds apart'. It's the SAME DEVICE 10 years on, with a few extra plugins and a rudinemtary band-aid fix to some shocking process-related matters. which clearly has you and your used car salesman buddy Dylan well tethered to their baited hook. Next you'll be saying "but they overhauled the file browser !' Big bloody deal - only a true fanboi would see a file access refresh as a DAW 'feature' hahahaha

For any casual user who is thinking of getting back into Reason, I would strongly suggest they trial the latest version, and see for themselves whether it's worth spending money or staying with Reason 4. I would also strongly suggest they look at Reason's EULA regarding plugins, WHICH THEY FORBID THE RESALE OF. What to be extorted by a business, locked in for eternity or lose your money ? Then step right up, Swedish Ernie and his band of Merry Marauders will gladly take your cash.

KarmaShaman wrote:only a true fanboi would see a file access refresh as a DAW 'feature' hahahaha
:dog: You had me at "fanoi"
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

And let's be clear on Reason 10 here.

Three IDENTICAL devices that could be rolled into one. Look at the Soundiron range. Every control is the same. But break it out to three and change the GUI colours, Props can say "MORE MORE MORE'.

A Piano plug in that has zero value as a saleable item anymore, so they make it native. When goods don't even sell out of the bargain bin, they usually get taken to the dump. Reason 10 is that dump.

And Synchronous, a device that almost everyone already has, bundled previously for free. Talking about taking a second swipe.

"Hey guys, we're including three plugins that should be one plugin, and a bonus two RE's that you already own ! MORE MORE MORE"

While the two synths actually look like they might be pretty awesome, what the hell's going on with the design? I mean, who is being paid to design this crap? Who is being paid to QA and sign off ? The product manager needs a kick in the ass to let this junky design get to release stage. There are FIVE different knob styles. It even goes from the 3d-Shadowed classic style to a flat style, on the one device. None of this makes any sense at all from a design point. And on their webpage, Grain doesn't even have the product name on the from face ! Talk about sloppy.

jjpscott01 wrote: :dog: You had me at "fanoi"
You had me at your poor spelling ability, 'fanoi' :roll:

You are a good representative of the target market their aiming for. Cashed-Up, poorly educated, and attracted to shiny things and a slick sales pitch.

Poor guy doesn't realize it was his own spelling of "Fanboi" that I quoted. Wow
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote:Poor guy doesn't realize it was his own spelling of "Fanboi" that I quoted. Wow
Are you brain damaged, or just plain stupid ? I've got news: you are not in possession of the skills in social manipulation that your Swedish lords are. Especially when... errr, the posts you comment are right there in your reply for all to see.

Nice work, 'fanoi'.

[img]Capture.PNG[/img]
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holy smokes calm down man. Haha. Yes I see that I left out the "B". I'm sorry for what I've done and I promise it wont happen again. I have to go now and bow to my Swedish lords...

jancivil wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Reason has never gotten a warm reception at KVR.
KVR is... wait for it...

a plugins forum
actually i would say its GAS/PLUGIN VS PLUGIN/ALTERNATIVES TO THIS PLUGIN forum

@KarmaShaman Seriously, you haven't posted anything in this forum since May the 22nd, which was in the Reason 9.5 thread. Do you really have to trash every thread regarding Reason? You are speaking about "fanbois", is that really worse than being the troll you are?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

love reason,been a user since 2003, its part of my music making life!,but honestly I'm with you all on this one, actually including plug-ins that are in the bargin bin is appalling marketing, a complete sequencer overhaul is well overdue..ARE YOU LISTENING PROPELLERHEAD!! - A COMPLETE SEQUENCER OVERHAUL IS WELL OVERDUE!...

I mean were is a new drum machine?...kong is awesome even still but come on :pray: :pray:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

KarmaShaman wrote: Nice work, 'fanoi'.

you need a cake to calm down :dog:
"It dreamed itself along"

Looks like someone's stuck on version 4 and can't afford the upgrade :scared:

jancivil wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Reason has never gotten a warm reception at KVR.
KVR is... wait for it...

a plugins forum
And your point? Prior to 9.5, it was a set of plugins (and yes, I know it became a "DAW" as 6.5). :lol: :lol: :hihi:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jjpscott01 wrote: Yeah hes right though. Reason 4 and Reason 9 are incomparable. I mean I don't think anyone would dispute that. Maybe your talking about one specific feature or something and if that's the case, just ignore this post. But surely your not implying that as a whole they are even in the same world??
Well, I can't see KarmaShaman's posts because I blocked that troll a long time ago (hey KS - it's adorable to see you still have a crush on me)! :lol: :lol: :lol: But I will at least put the record straight: I don't work for Propellerhead. My field is actually in real estate. ;)

But yeah, my point stands: R4 and R9 are like two completely different applications, IMHO. I think it's pretty evident.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Does any program get angrier updates than Reason? Is it ever like this with Cubase and Ableton? I don’t think even the recent Bitwig update fiasco with the new pricing model was this bad.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”