PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mine is not crashing but no sound coming out. The audio settings look fine. The test sound plays but... no audio when playing normally using default settings. Beta 4 worked okay.

macOS 10.12.6
13" MacBookPro Late 2016

Hello

I ve checked : the "test" mode in audio settings is working great (both windows audio & asio mode)

I ve just seen that latency settings from my asio drivers ae not reported correctly (480 instead of 512 samples, for example)

thx

Xenakios wrote:This would seem to indicate a problem in the OS-X version, which one are you using?
I'm running OS X 10.7.5, but the previous versions, up to ß 4, didn't have any symbol issues!

rockbottom wrote:
Xenakios wrote:This would seem to indicate a problem in the OS-X version, which one are you using?
I'm running OS X 10.7.5, but the previous versions, up to ß 4, didn't have any symbol issues!
Because the previous version didn't use the FFTW library.

Sorry everyone using older OS-X versions, I think I am just going to make the app require at least OS-X 10.11, because that is the oldest version I can myself test with.

The current beta (5) runs just fine on my Mavericks 10.9.5.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Xenakios wrote:For people who are getting crashes when starting play : can you go into the Menu/Audio hardware settings and see

-Do the settings look reasonable (is there a proper audio device selected, output channels are enabled etc)?
-Can you play the test sound (should be a clean sine wave)?
On load mine were set to a reasonable setting and the test sound played fine. I tried changing to an ASIO driver with a known working driver, the one I use every day, and it also was able to correctly play the test sound. In both cases, however, the software crashes immediately when I press play.

Spitfire31 wrote:The current beta (5) runs just fine on my Mavericks 10.9.5.

/Joachim
OK, I suppose I can still keep it compatible with 10.9.

Xenakios wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:The current beta (5) runs just fine on my Mavericks 10.9.5.

/Joachim
OK, I suppose I can still keep it compatible with 10.9.
:hug:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

"..has stopped working" after press play button (win7 64bit)
UI looks good though hehe
Upd oh i see this crash not just for me.

Hi! This looks really great and I would be happy to apply as a linux beta tester :)

i'm also getting the test tone just fine, all settings seem fine & i'm on win7 64bit

I can't at the moment think of any other reason for the crashes than the prebuffering thread priority being too high in the released beta 5. (I will leave it at the default priority for beta 6 and/or make it configurable...) My Windows machine is a 6 core one and the Mac laptop is a 4 core one, so maybe that's why I haven't seen the problems myself. What kinds of CPU core counts do the crashing systems have?

edit : OK, definitely something screwy going on with the threads and CPU core counts. If on my Windows system I simulate having only 2 CPU cores, the app hardly manages to even draw the waveform for a long file. Playback does not work either. (Not getting crashes though, but I imagine that's entirely possible on other systems...)

Xenakios wrote:I can't at the moment think of any other reason for the crashes than the prebuffering thread priority being too high in the released beta 5. (I will leave it at the default priority for beta 6 and/or make it configurable...) My Windows machine is a 6 core one and the Mac laptop is a 4 core one, so maybe that's why I haven't seen the problems myself. What kinds of CPU core counts do the crashing systems have?

edit : OK, definitely something screwy going on with the threads and CPU core counts. If on my Windows system I simulate having only 2 CPU cores, the app hardly manages to even draw the waveform for a long file. Playback does not work either. (Not getting crashes though, but I imagine that's entirely possible on other systems...)
Running on a quad core I5 that's about five years old, give or take.

ghettosynth wrote: Running on a quad core I5 that's about five years old, give or take.
OK, then I can only hope lowering the prebuffering thread priority will work in beta 6. In any case, it was useful to see the erratic behavior that will likely happen with 2 core machines and I was now able to fix several issues.

I can't wait to have this in AU format for use it in Logic :love:
But of course it's already awesome in it's standalone version.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Return to “Effects”