Solved: Kontakt 5.7.0 install issues (kudos to EvilDragon for the remedies)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

ChamomileShark wrote:Cubase 9 blacklisted both Kontakt 5.7.0 and the latest Battery on the first pass. I got it then to accept Kontakt when I tried again (it was complaining about the time it took to scan them and that's why it blacklisted them) but I had to manually re-activate Battery in cubase.

Odd.
If you had waited a little longer, you'd have no issues. TRhe recent versions take longer to be scanned, but they pass validation, if you give them time. When you see that warning, just push the Wait button.

Cubase Pro 9.0.30 64-bit here, running in Windows 7
Fernando (FMR)

[rant]
I bet they still haven't fixed the mouse wheel bug that's been reported for over a year, and is actually a part of their entire framework post 1.3. NI support seems to be trained to convince you that your problem is anything other than with their code. They'd rather remote access your machine, than inspect their own code.
:dog:
[/rant]

EvilDragon wrote:
Yes, because those are base installers for the software used to modify or uninstall the installed application. They need to be there. Other applications created with InstallShield installers also have their uninstallers in ProgramData, that's just how things are. Live with it.
Support dirs can be anywhere really, generally they are in the install dir.
Or some custom dir, specifically set up for that. On my system, only NI seems to
put the stuff there. There is a package cache, but NI doesn't use that.
Anyway, AFAIK its not compulsory to use program data.

Just sayin...

Return to “Instruments”