Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

I hope Neutron and Ozone can communicate together, similar to how the individual Neutrons can. Having Neutron on the mix busses or tracks and Ozone on the stereo buss could lead to some cool processing choices.

Just downloaded the free Imager plugin that they're promoting, and it reminded me of a glaring issue I have with the entire Neutron suite: no re-sizable GUI. :o :dog: Does anyone else use Neutron and have issues with the window being too tiny? I'm on twin 27" monitors that are only 1920 x 1080, so it's not like I'm even trying to squint on a 4K monitor!

I really hope Neutron 2 adds resizable windows. Ugh...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yes, I get this problem on my 2160x1440 Surface Pro 3. I solve it by squinting at the screen and cursing a lot.

dangayle wrote:I hope Neutron and Ozone can communicate together, similar to how the individual Neutrons can. Having Neutron on the mix busses or tracks and Ozone on the stereo buss could lead to some cool processing choices.
Hope they also improve the communication between Neutrons themselves. I mean if one instance can 'talk' to the other and tell it its signal and EQ settings for masking analysis, then why do we need to set up routing to sidechain dynamic EQ? It's not a huge issue with Bitwig (or Logic, based on the video I saw), but it's pain in the ass in Live where you need to create additional bus track.
garryknight wrote:Yes, I get this problem on my 2160x1440 Surface Pro 3. I solve it by squinting at the screen and cursing a lot.
Weird, because on Surface Pro 4 (under Bitwig at least) it takes 70-80% of the screen, so I wouldn't actually mind it to be somewhat smaller.

@garryknight, which DAW are you using?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Studio One 3.5.2

antic604 wrote:
garryknight wrote:Yes, I get this problem on my 2160x1440 Surface Pro 3. I solve it by squinting at the screen and cursing a lot.
Weird, because on Surface Pro 4 (under Bitwig at least) it takes 70-80% of the screen, so I wouldn't actually mind it to be somewhat smaller.

@garryknight, which DAW are you using?
Yeah, that is weird - since the Surface Pro 4 is 2,736 x 1,824. Taking into consideration that Neutron looks tiny on my 1920 x 1080 27" panels, and garry's 2160 x 1440, I'd certainly like to know how you're getting yours to take up 80% of your screen! Do you have app scaling set to 125% or more??

This is what it looks like on my panel at 100% scaling:
neutron.JPG
Maybe I'm just used to Fab FIlter stuff that can be sized full-screen, in all their GUI/UX glory. iZotope's stuff screams for full-screen, or at least to be sized a bit larger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I forgot to say that I have Studio One set to the default "Enable High DPI Mode" at 150% scaling, so I can get the maximum screen real estate for the DAW. It would be nice if iZotope could detect this and resize their plugins automatically.

Indeed, how big Neutron appears on screen depends on settings and on DAW... :(

On my Surface Pro 4 I use Windows 10 with 200% scaling, so I can use touch without switching to tablet mode.

In Bitwig everything works fine without any required fiddling with options:

In Ableton, I need to enable legacy support High DPI Win10 scaling for the application so that its GUI is pin sharp, but then plugins are indeed becoming very small:

When I disable that, the GUI gets blurry but Neutron is properly sized:

Studio One is similar - with internal scaling the UI is sharp, but plugins are small:

and disabling the High DPI support solves that at the price of less sharp UI:

------------

So, to make the story short - unless you're using Bitwig, it's a game of trade-off's and iZotope should do something about it for next version of Neutron (and presumably Ozone, which I don't have)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Something just occurred to me. They keep referring to O8N2. They wouldn't have wrapped all that functionality into one VST, would they? Hmm... Nah, probably not.

Where is Trash 3 ?!?! Waiting patiently...

garryknight wrote:Something just occurred to me. They keep referring to O8N2. They wouldn't have wrapped all that functionality into one VST, would they? Hmm... Nah, probably not.
Why would they, when they can get you to buy both?

I assumed it was to be one product with a terrible name, but could be wrong.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Have they just silently put this out there without a release fanfare?! I went on their site this morning to see if there was any more teaser information saying what's in each update and BAM it's/they're released: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/bundles/o8n2.html

mcbpete wrote:Have they just silently put this out there without a release fanfare?! I went on their site this morning to see if there was any more teaser information saying what's in each update and BAM it's/they're released: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/bundles/o8n2.html
Yup- all the upgrade process are also up if you have an account and log in. Standard 7 (or earlier) to 8 upgrade 99 bucks, Advanced 200 bucks. crazy that its the same price to upgrade from 5 (which I would recommend) as it is 7 (I really cant see much difference here)

I own Music Production Bundle 2 so have Ozone 7 Advanced and Neutron, the cheapest upgrade fro me to get Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced is 300 bucks, so I will probably skip this years updates.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:
mcbpete wrote:I own Music Production Bundle 2 so have Ozone 7 Advanced and Neutron, the cheapest upgrade fro me to get Ozone 8 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced is 300 bucks, so I will probably skip this years updates.
I'll pass as well.
Sorry, but a 300 bucks update is way too high for those who already have Ozone 7 Advanced and Neutron Advanced.

Return to “Effects”