Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

no, they added the VSTs that was great, the next logical step after it is adding the MIDI routing/multi channel support to them, and optimize their CPU consumption then updating Combinators, Player devices, SDK etc. to able to work together more easily ... meantime they should begin to update a sequencer which is almost the same from version 4 (the features are there but the usability ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU41otT2lKA
cmon man ...

so developing steps should be logical and should point to a specific direction to able to trust in the company
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:no, they added the VSTs that was great, the next logical step after it is adding the MIDI routing/multi channel support to them, and optimize their CPU consumption then updating Combinators, Player devices, SDK etc. to able to work together more easily ... meantime they should begin to update a sequencer which is almost the same from version 4
For the most part, I agree. However, the thing that made a huge difference for me in terms of the sequencer is Blocks which came in version 5.

yepp there are super features like Blocks, bouncing in place, but the general usability/editing is ... :roll:
Last edited by xbitz on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I totally agree on the CPU enhancement for VST plugins, but I understand if they won't add MIDI routing for a while, as this will REs even more redundant. An updated Combinator is high on my wishlist as well, and more Player devices. And I would love some for the Props to develop the piano roll/sequencer a bunch.

What I do differently from many others (here and on Reasontalk) is that I don't bash and shout. People need to calm down and be more moderate. But since people can hide behind their computers, some people will continue being haters, not being able to handle a normal conversation.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: I never thought I would agree with you, but in this case I actually do!
For some, wisdom comes later than for others. The important thing is that you've arrived here now.

can't see their financial numbers, but maybe starting to develop useful things (steps to right direction) for the already exist/returning users and introduce some subscription paying model (Sonar, Bitwig) would be better than creating useless candy like things for the hoped new buyers ... IMO

I'm laughing at all the dumb bastards that religiously upgrade, for no other reason that there's an upgrade available. Jumping from 7 to 10, because I saw no ACTUAL NEED or REAL POSITIVE IMPACT on what I do with Reason at v7, I'm going to quietly gloat on October 25th when I have a whole new bunch of things to explore, when the toolbags out there have had to fork out $387 for the same things I'm paying $129 to access.

The early bird does NOT catch the worm, quite the contrary.

Guys like Enoch, he is the worm, and guys like me, we are the mighty eagles, soaring majestically above the wormy fanbois with our mega-upgrade for a measly price.Quite simply, because we exercise common sense rather than fanaticism when it comes to software upgrades.

Just like snowflake has just come to realise, you fanboi's too can learn a lot from a guy like me. If only you get over the initial butthurt. As they say, no pain, no gain.

KarmaShaman wrote:
starflakeprj wrote: I never thought I would agree with you, but in this case I actually do!
For some, wisdom comes later than for others. The important thing is that you've arrived here now.
Didn't say I agree on everything you say, just this. And I still think it's funny that your last post in the KVR forum that wasn't about Reason or Propellerhead was about one year ago.

You also kept quiet (didn't post anything) between May (regarding Reason 9.5) and September (regarding Reason 10). What does this tell about you?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

festeringheap wrote:I'm not really a big fan of this new sample player, where it looks like they've broken three types of sounds and made three devices, which imo should have been just one.
I don't really get it either - there look to be only 10 or so patches in each device? There is no reason to have these split into three instruments, except so Props can say "More More More". Kind of deceptive. But that's nothing new for Ernst & Co. In saying that, for me the offerings are something I'm looking forward to exploring. Anything with a world music flavour gets a nod of approval from me.

"Banned". Karma. ;)

chk071 wrote:"Banned". Karma. ;)
:clap:

Good Riddance. Dude was a cancer to the forum.

IRBY wrote: I heard that they are hurting financially, and that the ONLY reason they relented on VST was that they have recently accepted money from outside investors, who must have pressured them to do so.
I can't attest to the hurting financially part, as they are a privately held company and don't make their financials public domain, but I can attest to your other statement - which is false. VST support in Reason started way before they had venture capital from Verdane - and the product manager himself had a lot to do with that push (thanks Mattias)!
jsp1979 wrote:
:clap:
Impodiam wrote: Good Riddance. Dude was a cancer to the forum.
Jesus - it took long enough. Kudos to the mod who actually stepped up. :party: KVR is such a better place without trolls stirring crap up.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Yet the stupid morons over at Reasontalk are pissing and moaning as per usual. What a rotten, dysfunctional world it is over there, where mods ban only a select few people that arent in the cabal if they say bad things about Props. Heck, I heard they recently banned a guy because he was gay, and the bullies who heckled him to breaking point apparently stayed around. Thats the story over at GS anyway. Sounds like the abuse of poor Theo all over again. It's a shame the arrogant dicks tending to the place arent kept in check
For the record, not that I think people take the original poster of this quote seriously, this is quite far from the truth. The mentioned user got offended because someone who obviously knew nothing of his sexual orientation used the word "flaming" :lol:. He got banned for being a troll. It's also worth noting that none of the ReasonTalk mods receive any personal endorsement from Propellerhead. We all still pay full price for REs and Reason upgrades regardless of our opinions.... oh and our site isn't Propellerhead funded either :)

...Anyway, I'd have to agree, Reason 10 does seem to be most appealing to new users. Thing is though, we don't know everything that's included. What's to say VST performance hasn't been improved? That's not exactly a feature you make a marketing video about. We still have a month before release.

Europa looks interesting, but I have so many synths already between all of the Rob Papen stuff, the Native Reason stuff, Komplete 10 stuff, Xpand! (it has synth sounds if you count that) ...etc.. that I don't think I need any more. We'll see though. Props so far have a trend of sweetening the pot with point updates for the last two versions.

IRBY wrote:I just tried to grab the bottom of a track in Reason and stretch it... and it can't be done in Reason. This is something that people have come to expect to do in ANY DAW. You are correct, I have more than three sizes. I can choose between SIX, using the magnifying glass icons. This is NOT acceptable for real work. I do however, only see THREE waveform size options. Also, unacceptable. It's pathetic really.
I'd like to have better zoom in the track as well, but it's more than adequate to get real work done right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoCS_HIJPGY
IRBY wrote:Also, I could EASILY and QUICLY crossfade in Studio One in it's FIRST VERSION, by hitting "crossfade". Reason is now in it's TENTH iteration and still doesn't have this STANDARD feature. Outrageous!!!
Like I said, I don't disagree with the need for sequencer improvements - I'm 100% on board! But, as mentioned earlier, you can do crossfades in Reason right now as well (though not have nearly as much fine control over slopes, etc). I'd love for it to work as easy as it is in Studio One, though!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”