10 min ambient track v.2 - Liquid Lux

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Made tonight in a single performance in Chainer (Zeta+)then imported to Reaper for comp,EQs and a bit of stereo spread. (it's far from perfect I know...a few drop outs and stuff)
Let me know what you think if you wish. ;)
EDIT - version #2
https://soundcloud.com/annode-1/annode-liquid-lux
Last edited by annode on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Ooh, I really like the opening of this track. Just a really, really pleasant sound that opens up a tranquil sonic vista. And then what follows is great. Nice smooth, very gradually undulating treble pad sounds over a smooth bed of bass sounds. Around the 6:15 mark, I like the very slightly darker sound that it morphs into. Thanks for sharing!

Has a certain 'annode' familiarity :)
I really should try to find more time here - stuff doncha know.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

davidstiles wrote:Ooh, I really like the opening of this track. Just a really, really pleasant sound that opens up a tranquil sonic vista. And then what follows is great. Nice smooth, very gradually undulating treble pad sounds over a smooth bed of bass sounds. Around the 6:15 mark, I like the very slightly darker sound that it morphs into. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks very much for stopping in and taking the time to listen to my 11 min track David. :) yeah, I think it is rather pleasant for a drone track. Not too boring but not so much going on it is no longer drone. Yeah, I'm reading 'smooth' and 'beautiful flow'...I'll take it! This new second version now, improves on the smoothness and flow.(above) I changed a few things and removed the 'not needed' compressor which was 'breathing' throughout the track.Removed that 'stereo spread' throwing it out of phase and added some essence of Lux juice instead. :hyper: It sounds noticeably better.

folderol wrote:Has a certain 'annode' familiarity :)
I really should try to find more time here - stuff doncha know.
That 'annode' sound haha. Must be all the turn of the century digital gear I use. :phones:
Find more time? I guess for making music you mean? All we can do is our best to get to it when we can...lots of stuff I know. :phew:
Thanks for listening to it. :party:

Nice job here. Some "classic" ambient sound-shaping. That's a great patch, and the movement is very alluring. I've played it 5 or 6 times this weekend. It hits the spot.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Nice job here. Some "classic" ambient sound-shaping. That's a great patch, and the movement is very alluring. I've played it 5 or 6 times this weekend. It hits the spot.

Good work :)
Hi Tim, very nice comments to hear, makes me feel proud of it.
Yes, it was a cool patch but for some reason my 'save as' .fsp does nothing when I try to open it in Z3TA+2. I started with Z3TA+2 / Factory Content / Textures / Devious Movements WRJ. Then edited that. I remember turning effects off and same in modulation section to get it. That's all I remember about Z3Ta.

Performance made in 'Chainer' while playing midi keyboard with mouse turning Z3Ta parameters and using on-board Z3Ta keyboard(tied to filter freq I think). I believe that was it. (it was actually recorded last yr but just imported the other day to Reaper for what turned out to only need 2 EQs and a little BBE Maximizer high end, v.2. So not worrying too much about any mistakes. Happy it turned out as well as it did. The original .wav file named "Z3TA wave' was on my music PC desktop since Jan. 2016. I only recently thought to use it.haha You do stuff like that don't you Tim? Make something then not finish and post it for a long time?
Some "classic" ambient sound-shaping. ...movement is very alluring.
Very nice of you Tim, Thanks again.

very tranquil great for relaxing or late night sleep aid. the evolving tones drift in and out
smoothly. :tu: from me :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks layzer. I like hearing you found it 'smooth'...for two reasons, a direct reflection on the mix and also the Lux brand of vaping juice in the picture.LOL (I am assuming that's what it is...I don't smoke) :)

Lovely stuff. It just washes over me and leaves me clean!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I enjoyed floating in the ethers. I was quite relaxing and went by quickly. I think it’s just the ticket for a musical night cap.

It sort of took me back to my old Frip and Eno records. At least the feeling.

Allomerus wrote:Lovely stuff. It just washes over me and leaves me clean!
Well done!
:)
fastlanephil wrote:I enjoyed floating in the ethers. I was quite relaxing and went by quickly. I think it’s just the ticket for a musical night cap.

It sort of took me back to my old Frip and Eno records. At least the feeling.
Thanks guys!. I'm getting the feeling it can actually be considered real ambient music.
I might be getting close to making music...musical sound one may want to listen to more then once or twice.
This file is rather specialized for chilling back only it seems. Next I'll have try to make music for those who wish to stay awake. haha

Thanks again for taking your time to listen and commenting. :tu:

annode wrote: The original .wav file named "Z3TA wave' was on my music PC desktop since Jan. 2016. I only recently thought to use it.haha You do stuff like that don't you Tim? Make something then not finish and post it for a long time?
I'm shaking things up around here, I caught up with the backlog. Most of the stuff I'm making nowadays is recorded and mixed in one or two sessions over the course of a couple of days. Except for something I'm planning to finish in the next day or two, which is about 4-5 months old.

I played around with that Z3ta+2 patch. I like it. I have some plans for this.

Nice airly ambience in soundscape. Hovering trip at space.

Return to “Music Cafe”