Best EDM virtual synth 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deastman wrote:To rephrase the topic, what synthesizers made in 2017 are best for synthesizer music?
Infinite

starflakeprj wrote:The best one is the one you master, simple as that.
That's it! :tu:

Poison 202
Serum
Korg M1
Duh

atya wrote:... and I'm always coming back to Synthmaster 2.8 for the meat and potatoes even though I didn't find too many useful presets in the factory or add-on banks and have to program most of my sounds from scratch.
Me, too. This rather inexpensive synth both sounds good to my ears and is very intuitive to come up with unique sounds in under a couple of minutes - the options are plentiful and easy to see.

Impodiam wrote:
deastman wrote:To rephrase the topic, what synthesizers made in 2017 are best for synthesizer music?
Uh...Synthmaster One
Halion6 came out...Thats a Sampler Hybrid However.
RayBlaster2
Waverazor?

Nothing IMO really Groundbreaking. Mabye a VST synth GEM will come out of the Fall and Holiday Season

(EDIT: Blue3 is 2017 new i think, Had forgotten about it. I hear its pretty Good. I think its an Organ however)
Oh. You didn't realize I was being sarcastic.

The OP question is vague to the point of absurdity.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I get that the question really does nothing to narrow down the vast field. But neither does a record store.

So...

Hive is popular, great on CPU, and gets my vote on its great sound.
Synthmaster might be better than Hive, and has many other uses.
Spire, harder on CPU, but has the richest sound in the end.
Sylenth is another good one, never long in the tooth, and new soundsets still being developed for it.

That is my "best EDM" list, ha.

deastman wrote:
Impodiam wrote:
Uh...Synthmaster One
Halion6 came out...Thats a Sampler Hybrid However.
RayBlaster2
Waverazor?

Nothing IMO really Groundbreaking. Mabye a VST synth GEM will come out of the Fall and Holiday Season

(EDIT: Blue3 is 2017 new i think, Had forgotten about it. I hear its pretty Good. I think its an Organ however)
Oh. You didn't realize I was being sarcastic.

The OP question is vague to the point of absurdity.
Ah. My appologies :hihi:. Im terrible at picking up at that stuff

thejonsolo wrote:I get that the question really does nothing to narrow down the vast field. But neither does a record store.

So...

Hive is popular, great on CPU, and gets my vote on its great sound.
Synthmaster might be better than Hive, and has many other uses.
Spire, harder on CPU, but has the richest sound in the end.
Sylenth is another good one, never long in the tooth, and new soundsets still being developed for it.

That is my "best EDM" list, ha.
Yes, but the question was only about the latest and greatest of 2017, not an all time EDM list.

Those are the latest and greatest. There has not been a release since Hive that I would say really fits the bill. So...while my list is subjective, my reasons aren't.

And there wasn't a question. And his list was older than mine. So...again, yea. I'm right. Stop pushing. :hihi:

thejonsolo wrote:Those are the latest and greatest. There has not been a release since Hive that I would say really fits the bill. So...while my list is subjective, my reasons aren't.

And there wasn't a question. And his list was older than mine. So...again, yea. I'm right. Stop pushing. :hihi:
:lol: :oops:

Avenger and Rapid are new (released in the end of 2016) and ovbiously targeted at EDM people.

Spire and Serum, I think, are just as essential for modern EDM, trance, house etc as Virus was for oldschool trance.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks for your opinion - there is some really amazing vst synths out there - no doubt... and i know everything is about personal taste ,but still sometimes you had hear from somebody some good thing about some vst you wasn't impressed or just didn't pay enough attention and after 30 minutes play it can be one of you favorite - to me it was Synthmaster one which in the beginning i did consider for not deserving attention...

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

i will buy Viper or ANA2 if the ratio price-sound-options is good - otherwise will wait for Synthmaster 3 - i hope to make super cool set for some of them :)

Definitely looking forward to give ANA 2 a try. Viper, hmm... 32-bit only, so, probably won't try it. At least, i would have to install a 32-bit host again, just for that...

Return to “Instruments”