VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

I prefer the A-160 look but would like to see an option for /3 added. It looks like it would fit.

scook wrote:work OK for me on 64bit Win10
very nice
How did you get it to work on your machine, what audio device do you have and which Windows build?
I tried several things but still no audio devices and the developer never replied to my E-mail or my post here about it.

64bit Win10 Home v1703, just checked and Windows reports no updates pending
RME Babyface Pro used both ASIO and WASAPI

Thanks for checking, I have the same build as you but pro instead of home edition.
I give up for now.

Expanding out some of the Fundamental modules to six channels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7C3tr7tfOg

Maybe this is crazy...? It's all a lot of fun anyway :ud:

Wonderful !!!

I haven't been paying close attention... I'm thrilled to see some of you writing additional modules for this platform. This is so refreshing after the total stagnation of the Softube system!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Love to see new plugins/modules being made! I haven't tried them all, but they all look pretty useful.

How do you developers like the SDK? It's far from perfect and stable, but there's a lot of room to grow. If you have any suggestions for better organization, post an issue on the VCV Rack Github.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

I am not a 100% C++ developer but it was pretty easy to implement something quite simple at the beginning. Hacking the code was a great learning tool!!!
i would like to see something more about implementing custom controls (buttons, fasers, switches and so on)
and some infos about MIDI classes and methods and how to deal with MIDI in general...

I agree with autodafe. Same situation here. getting into writing modules, starting from the Fundamental series was quite easy. The API seems very good and logical. A bit more detailled description of the interna would be greate, though, such as the call sequence, and a description of all the Widgets available, which are not used in the "simple" modules, would be great. But, I guess, all at it's time. The most important thing clearly is to get the rack itself finished and the API finalized.

I have some problems, possibly related to a misunderstanding of the call sequence, which I will post as issue on github soon.

Cheers,
Martin

Rack v0.3.2 released https://vcvrack.com/

Changelog:
- Added key commands
- Fixed "invisible knobs/ports" rendering bug for ~2010 Macs
- Added "allowCursorLock" to settings.json (set to "false" for touch screen support)
- Fixed 100% CPU issue when no audio device is selected
- Added vector scaling panels
- Audible Instruments:
--- Added alternative resonator models to Modal Synthesizer
- Fundamental:
--- Fixed Drive CV input of VCF
--- Reverted SEQ3 to continuous gates

I have released the new version of my Module Pack.

Please comment here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=491691 so I don't hijack this thread
thanks

I want to make a plea to the developer(s) of this for a 32-bit Windows version!

Please! :pray: :pray: :pray:

:help:

ZeePok wrote: 
I want to make a plea to the developer(s) of this for a 32-bit Windows version!

Please! :pray: :pray: :pray:

:help:
Someone (was it you?) asked that question today on Facebook.

Unfortunately you're out of luck :( I could have provided two binaries for Windows like I do with the SynthTech WaveEditor application, but since Rack needs to load plugins that possibly other people need to build, it would make the plugin building process harder than it already is.

Since Rack uses OpenGL, SSE2+, and a few other technologies that require an up-to-date fast computer, I've decided to go fully 64-bit on all platforms.

I agree, 32 bits is quite obsolete technology nowadays, most half-decent machines are 64 bits...there would be no reason to mantain 2 different versions

Return to “Modular Synthesis”