Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Distorted Horizon wrote:
jjpscott01 wrote:neatly tucked behind a nice custom-made interface from within Reason
You can make a custom backdrop for combi? And kong :P
Yes your right but I mean more than just creating a back plate and changing the color of the knobs. It would be cool to be able to completely change the layout and design our own unique looking Combinator devices.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

xbitz wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: Another one, is the omission of a mute tool inside of the note editor. What the hell is that all about?
I've used that as layered(multi-track) editing workaround

more than one clip can be moved to the same position and it can mute the non used one, started a ghost clip topic ... https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... 2&p=326306 which also would be nice...

so I would gladly use Reason but it needs a new sequencer so much :(
Nice workaround man, but wow, what a pain in the ass. I mean, even if they don't include a mute tool, at least a shortcut to mute selected notes would be great.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

this is where I stopped to use Reason (with polyphonic routing, note triggered scale generating)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcSX6eMChU

skipped the whole sequencing and chopped the note triggered scales/chords with Korde sequencer( (which is a per chord voice based clip sequencer) after it went back to Cubase+MUX combo, Reason is cool and fun with the workarounds for everything :D but too slow for daily working
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:this is where I stopped to use Reason (with polyphonic routing, note triggered scale generating)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcSX6eMChU

skipped the whole sequencing and chopped the note triggered scales/chords with Korde sequencer( (which is a per chord voice based clip sequencer) after it went back to Cubase+MUX combo, Reason is cool and fun with the workarounds for everything :D but too slow for daily working
Gotcha. Thanks for the insight. I'm gonna check out this workflow you've got there. Maybe I can stay out of the editor a little more. I guess I'm spoiled with all of the MIDI editing tools of Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig etc... and expect every DAW to include these things as well.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Distorted Horizon wrote:Ummm.. I see lots of Swedish but no real language one could understand.
On Chrome, all you have to do is click the little "translate" button in the upper right corner of your screen when you first visit the page. On other browsers, there are a ton of URL-based translation options...

Also, Swedish is quite real. People from Sweden speak it very fluently.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Welp, AutoArp seems as if though it's not available anymore. Bummer. What happened to Black & Orange? They gave up?

qvprod wrote:By needing to split with Players do you mean outside of a combinator? Within a combinator you can set key ranges for the instrument it's attached to and the Player will follow suit and only be active in that key range. Id imagine that solving split issues and duplication solving the layering issue should you need to trigger multiple layers with the same player settings. I can see where that wouldn't work though if you need access to certain number of synth parameters in real time.
Sorry if it wasn't clear: I am referring to scaled crossfades. Take a look at Omnisphere's stack mode:
Layers 2 and 3 crossfade across 2 octaves. Internally the velocity of those notes is scaled down/up to generate a fading effect. It's quite powerful once I learned about it. Reason's note ranges are binary: either it's on or it's off.

Omnisphere can also do this for velocity ranges, fading in interesting layers the harder or softer you play. This kind of thing should be right up's Reason's Combi's alley. Unfortunately this too is a binary thing with the Combi editor.
As far as the NNXT though, what kind of sampler would you want that isn't basically Kontakt? I personally don't know of any basic samplers that far exceed the NNXT capabilities without going into Kontakt and Falcon territory. Presence XT editor maybe, but only because of articulations/key switches.
I'm more interested in a sampler that feels like an instrument and not as a player for large multi-sampled libraries. Something like the older http://vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php . Grain looks to be the start of that and maybe if I disable all the grain options it can be that. I want something that's between dr-rex, nn19, and grain with a workflow that focuses on interacting with samples instead of just playing them.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Orbit-50 wrote:Welp, AutoArp seems as if though it's not available anymore. Bummer. What happened to Black & Orange? They gave up?
The developer passed away about two or three years ago, if I am not mistaken.

Silaris wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:Welp, AutoArp seems as if though it's not available anymore. Bummer. What happened to Black & Orange? They gave up?
Aww man. Now that you mentioned this, I think it's coming back to me. I feel so horrible. He made a really great contribution and was very talented. May he rest in peace.

I am still on Reason 7, but have not used the application in years.

More than likely I will upgrade Reason in the future, especially in light of the fact that VST support has been implemented. However, I probably will not commit to a purchase until version 12.

Hopefully, by then, CPU efficiency is increased, a proper Track Freeze function is added, audio editing is improved and the sequencer is updated.

Orbit-50 wrote:
Silaris wrote:
Aww man. Now that you mentioned this, I think it's coming back to me. I feel so horrible. He made a really great contribution and was very talented. May he rest in peace.
yepp AutoArp has been removed from the shop :( it can be done with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8opepJkMFU
Index Chord Dictionary too but not so elegant
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ictionary/
https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7497739
the routing is homework
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Well, I was holding off buying reason to see what version 10 offered. A big disappointment that is. I wanted to see how a new company would innovate the actual software. Not just add new sounds. This is the type of dick move propellerhead would have done asking for users to, yet again, pay $130 to "upgrade". I have lost faith in this new company. They started out strong with adding vst support but then, same old milking people for money.

Orbit-50 wrote:
Silaris wrote:
Brian Drake, the developer, was a wingsuit pilot. He died in a crash in 2014.

I just watched that version 10 promo video and waited for some kind of final tada, you know, similar to how 64-bit support was once revealed in a promo video (something like: "Oh yeah, one last thing, before we end... It's 64-bit." *BAM!* ). Maybe something like "Oh, we almost forgot... Reason 10 is now fully scaleable and vectorized for next-gen high-dpi visual setups...") - THAT would also be a "BAM".

For sure, the VST support in 9.5 was certainly a nice delivery on their number one feature request. :party:
That support alone made me actually smile again and feel some new hope for a refreshing and innovative future for Reason. And for a moment it also felt like PH staff smiled back at me, saying "hey bro, this is Reason unlimited, now you can have all your favorite synths and sounds in the world and build ya some serious combinators while we concentrate further on improving the core features of the software itself."

OK, so now fast forward to this day and the upcoming version 10. So, at this point the context is that we already have all the best synths and sounds in the world. And PH must surely know that by now. But yet, for some reason PH decides to go for even more synths and sounds while rubbing those Trump-sounding BS marketing words "The biggest update. Ever." in our faces. I mean, come on...

Gosh, I simply can't believe what I'm seeing here. WTF just happened? Did the C++ programmers @PH abandon ship or what? I'll certainly skip this version and hope that at least 10.5 or 11 brings something useful to the table in terms of new features and innovation. :help:

eXode wrote:Brian Drake, the developer, was a wingsuit pilot. He died in a crash in 2014.
Wow. Talk about fate man. You just never know.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”