A8X - Free 8 Stereo Tracks Switcher (Win VST/JSFX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've searched for something like this for some time, there's a few in JSFX format, but none of them has any GUI. So i made a small collab with Sonic Anomaly to create one.

A8X is a simple 8 stereo track switcher. The main purpose of this plugin is to do some comparison between 8 tracks quickly inside the DAW, by switching any assigned inputs into 1 stereo out with a single click.

You can use it to compare mixes, shootouts, etc.

This plugin can be used on a bus track, folder, or on the master track, whichever you preferred, as long the inputs are assigned correctly.

And also, this plugin is some sort of personal collaboration, so you won't see it on the official Sonic Anomaly's site, and can only be downloaded from my Deviantart account here: A8X (Windows 7+ VST 32/64 bit dll, JSFX, Reaper Track Template, PDF manual)

Finally, this plugin is tested only in Reaper, so i have no idea if it will work on another DAW.

V1.0 (25-Sep-2017)

- Initial Release
- (JSFX) Automation added. Latch and Write only.

V1.1 (18-Dec-2017)

- Automation added to VST version
- Visual fading indicator added
- Crossfade Time/Curve added
- Track Templates for Reaper added
- Manual Updated
Last edited by crimsonmerry on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nice. Thanks for the freebie :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Updated the JSFX few days ago, now you can automate the plugin for... Anything you could think of.

@Halonmusic thanks man

No problem crimsonmerry :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Update V1.1

- Automation added to VST version
- Visual fading indicator added
- Crossfade Time/Curve added
- Track Templates for Reaper added
- Manual updated

Sweet! Thanks!

crimsonmerry wrote: ...this plugin is tested only in Reaper, so i have no idea if it will work on another DAW.
In Live 9.7.3 x64 I only see 3 channels listed for input...

Input 3/Input 4-A8X
Input 5/Input 6-A8X
Input 7/Input 8-A8X

I have been looking for a plugin like this for a long time so I hope it may be something that could be fixed...

@crimsonmerry: forgive me, english not my first/native language... Is this a summing plugin or i'm wrong?

Kr3eM wrote:In Live 9.7.3 x64 I only see 3 channels listed for input...

Input 3/Input 4-A8X
Input 5/Input 6-A8X
Input 7/Input 8-A8X

I have been looking for a plugin like this for a long time so I hope it may be something that could be fixed...
Sorry for the problem, i'm guessing it's the older code compiler/converter (?) that Stige, the programmer, use for this plugin. It's known to be buggy on other DAWs. He will need to translate the code to a newer framework he's using now, but I can't promise anything, since currently he's busy with the other chapter of his life.

Turello wrote:@crimsonmerry: forgive me, english not my first/native language... Is this a summing plugin or i'm wrong?
Don't bother, as you can see, i'm not good at it either. So if i'm getting you right, then no, this plugin is simply meant for A-B (or A-H?) switching/comparing tracks on your DAW, hopefully with a bit more convenience.

Understand, thanks... ;-)

Downloaded the first version months ago and forgot to try it. :dog:
The update was a good reminder...today I liked it so much i forgot to try it with reaper’s lfo.

Loads of gratitude. :clap:
Last edited by waiting man on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crapped double post

Return to “Effects”