Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Vst's out of the box?

chili beans
KVRist

217 posts since 4 Sep, 2014

Postby chili beans; Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am Vst's out of the box?

Just kind of curious as to who records vst instruments in real-time into another recorder or computer DAW. I've always used vst in the box as I imagine alot of us do. One thing I noticed when I used to record the outputs of my synth workstations is that sound had a little more character and a sort of air around the sound. I'm about to purchase another usb interface so I'm gonna start experimenting with recording from my music laptop into my music desktop computer to see if I can capture some that same airy sound Im missing working ITB. Does anyone do this? Do you notice a difference in the vibe of the sound?
chk071
KVRAF

13549 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 am Re: Vst's out of the box?

If you record your VSTi's in your DAW, and you don't have any effects on, or a mixer which models any kind of saturation (or something else), there shouldn't be any difference in sound, compared to when you just play it, or play back MIDI notes.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
rod_zero
KVRAF

2404 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 am Re: Vst's out of the box?

Unicorns, unicorns everywhere.
dedication to flying
BBFG#
KVRAF

5208 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 am Re: Vst's out of the box?

I record ITB and also out to a BR-1600 or VS-100 simultaneously as an immediate backup/reference when ever we jam - using both hardware and software. If it ever comes out different, it's almost always because one or the other's levels got moved. When it's set right, they come out exactly the same.
chili beans
KVRist

217 posts since 4 Sep, 2014

Postby chili beans; Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:18 am Re: Vst's out of the box?

Oh okay. I thought maybe the preamps in a standalone recorder or a usb interface would color the sound a little. I'm still going to experiment, maybe run some sounds through my old foster 4-track.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments