Please help me with some investment council!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i have been producing for about 4 years without spending anything except for fl studio 11 & nexus 2 and some really good stuff has come out of it. However, now i feel stuck because of the limited plugins and sounds i have (which are very low q), i cant even make a hq bass that you hear with pros let alone design a sound i have in my head. So i want to make an investment that would make it a lot easier for me to produce, meaning i need the highest quality presets (for example a solid dr dre ish hiphop bass or deep house sounds that are oftenly used by top artists) for a good plugin. My question to you is where do i find this and how can i test it before i buy it?

All help is greatly appreciated

Dig where you stand; you don’t have to purchase a lot of extra stuff. FL might have some mastering functions but an important thing to learn is EQing. Test any bass sound and you can get it much lower (but don’t go too far or it will distort) so you can lower the volume of it but still increase its impact. Learn your listening equipment & compare with music you like. EQ can take you far and create wonders. At least it’s a good start. Compression is next step but it’s a thing that can damage the audio quality if used wrong. Compression on a synth bass track and a piano track can do great things.

synthesite wrote:Dig where you stand; you don’t have to purchase a lot of extra stuff. FL might have some mastering functions but an important thing to learn is EQing. Test any bass sound and you can get it much lower (but don’t go too far or it will distort) so you can lower the volume of it but still increase its impact. Learn your listening equipment & compare with music you like. EQ can take you far and create wonders. At least it’s a good start. Compression is next step but it’s a thing that can damage the audio quality if used wrong. Compression on a synth bass track and a piano track can do great things.
Thanks for your comment! I will definitely try this, however most of the basic sounds in fl are shite and it takes a lot of time and effort to make these sound decent, so im looking for a way to speed up this process by buying a plugin that has high quality standard presets. Any recommendations or thoughts?

Check out the demo songs that come with FL Studio. In particular, look at the song Deadmaus did called "That's Not True." I really like the bass sound in that one; he achieved it by layering two Sytrus patches. So, you don't need the latest and greatest technology to make great music, although admittedly it's fun to have new toys.

Have you tried U-He's free Tyrell synth? Sounds terrific, including some nice basses.

Finally, if you're dead-set on spending money, tell us more specifically about what kinds of sounds you want to achieve, and we can make recommendations based on that. And: demo!
A well-behaved signature.

What version of FL is it? Do you have Sytris and Harmor? If you have those and other great image-line plugs you might be okay with what you have.

Basically, i want to be able to make a sound that i have in my head. Not an easy task i suppose, but how do you do it?

Return to “Soundware”