Slate Digital FG-Stress is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really can't wait to check this out later tonight. I don't have experience on the hardware, but hopefully the hype on this plugin version is (somewhat) deserved. A few people who own the hardware are already chiming in on the FB group saying it's really close. Yes, the 'real thing' will subjectively always be 'better', but it's amazing to have choice and opportunity like this. Huge fan of the Everything Bundle and getting emulations like this added in for no extra cost.

http://slatedigital.com/fg-stress/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l852zjqc1uI

It's the best of the best. Slate succeeded big time.

Fleer wrote:It's the best of the best. Slate succeeded big time.
You sure about that? :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N7eMai28Bo

Oh yes. Vocal nirvana. Dave from Empirical Labs even endorses FG-Stress.

Lives up to the hype! And was there ever a lot of hype.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

gas pump wrote:

You sure about that? :hihi: .
Emprical Labs plugin is not a straight emulation of their Distressor, they agreed to let Sate Digital do an emulation of the Distressor.

I'm liking it but I'm after another Roli Light Block which is around the same cost.

Again, I don't have the hardware and zero experience with it, nor do I have that great of monitors. However, listening to the comparison recordings they put up from users, in most of them, it's basically indistinguishable to me. Any very small differences I hear or I at least think I hear could be written off to any number of things.

I'll have to play with it against my own material to see all the praise a Distressor gets and that'll take me a while to learn and experiment with. Seems pretty incredible the job they did! UAD stuff is good and generally gets 'in the ballpark' with the overall vibe. This seems to just dead nail it though to my ears. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Pumpin' up more gas :hihi:

Fleer wrote:Oh yes. Vocal nirvana. Dave from Empirical Labs even endorses FG-Stress.
If it doesn't say Empirical Labs on it, it's not officially endorsed.
Last edited by gas pump on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jax Pok wrote:
gas pump wrote:

You sure about that? :hihi: .
Emprical Labs plugin is not a straight emulation of their Distressor, they agreed to let Sate Digital do an emulation of the Distressor.

I'm liking it but I'm after another Roli Light Block which is around the same cost.
Did you even bother to watch the video? Probably not.

The sound of the plugin is as close as you can get. The reason it's not considered an emulation is because it provides way more features.

Fleer wrote:Pumpin' up more gas :hihi:
The irony. :hihi:

toby wrote:Lives up to the hype! And was there ever a lot of hype.
Hype and fanbois are how they survive, oh and that low priced lifetime subscription payment. :hihi:

gas pump wrote:
Hype and fanbois are how they survive, oh and that low priced lifetime subscription payment. :hihi:
Used to own almost all his plugins at one time.........then he tried pushing everyone into his subscription tactics and raising initial purchase of plugins if u want to buy. (TO DETER BUYERS FROM PURCHASING & FALLING INTO subscription Plan) His cheesy marketing ETHOS.......turned me right off. Sold everything!!!! Couldn't be happier. Using my other plugins Klaghelm, Cytomic, and had majority of Plugin Alliance anyways ........ so I am good !!!!! :tu: :D :party: .

Thats my rant for the day !!!!!! Peace to the World :tu:

Pprimo wrote:
gas pump wrote:
Used to own almost all his plugins at one time.........then he tried pushing everyone into his subscription tactics and raising initial purchase of plugins if u want to buy. (TO DETER BUYERS FROM PURCHASING & FALLING INTO subscription Plan) His cheesy marketing ETHOS.......turned me right off. Sold everything!!!! Couldn't be happier. Using my other plugins Klaghelm, Cytomic, and had majority of Plugin Alliance anyways ........ so I am good !!!!! :tu: :D :party: .

Thats my rant for the day !!!!!! Peace to the World :tu:
Yeah, he tries to convince people that his plugins don't depreciate over time. I guess that's how he makes people believe they are getting a great deal over a 10 year period or their lifetime. In the real world things go on sale and their prices drop dramatically over time. There are plenty of 1/2 price sales that his plugins seem to be immune to. The hyperbole never ends with him and his plugins. I like the clever way he made his drum plugin and trigger a separate company. You've got to give it to him for tricky marketing and sales. The everything deal my arse.

I expect that Fabrice programmed a great plugin, it's more the question if I really need this. I never used the hardware so I have no real comparison.
$199 and Afaik there is no special deal for existing customers. Subscription is not an option because I already bought many (for me) interesting Slate plugins and I'm not so much interested for the subscription.

Anyway, does somebody knows the trial time with the iLok trial/demo key?

Return to “Effects”