Syntronik now available for iPad! (1.0.1 update information now added)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

€50 vs €199! Why?

Is the hassle of using an iPad interfaced to your DAW worth €150?

SHall1000 wrote:€50 vs €199! Why?

Is the hassle of using an iPad interfaced to your DAW worth €150?
Sorry if I don't quite understand your question/concern. Desktop vs iOS versions of audio products are different from each other in various ways due to the platform differences, and pricing them as such is not unique to IK.

In this specific case, the desktop version is 50GB+ while the full ride of all instruments on iPad is smaller due to the platform storage limitations/options, etc is one example of these differences.

Peter, thanks for the reply. Nice to see devs engaging here.

The differences in Desktop vs iOS pricing intrigues me as it is usually very large. I am interested to understand the business model differences that drive this. For example do devs expect to sell much higher volumes on iOS?

Are you saying that the differences in sample storage size (I think I read 4.2 GB for the iPad version somewhere) results in an inferior sound quality and this justifies the price difference, or is the iPad version limited in sound options compared with the desktop version?

The second question part of my question was aimed more at users. The quality of iOS synths can be very high so I am wondering why one would choose the desktop version other than for convenience and workflow reasons.

I’m curious about this, too. Do we need to buy the desktop version to get full quality?

leroik wrote:I’m curious about this, too. Do we need to buy the desktop version to get full quality?
The desktop version will have a larger set of samples but quality is subjective so I would recommend trying both free versions and comparing.

Just curious..by "a larger set of samples" do you mean a larger number of samples or the some number of samples at a lower bit/sample rate? If the former, does the iOS version have fewer "sounds" or are the samples manipulated in some way e.g. pitch shifted to key map them?

SHall1000 wrote:Just curious..by "a larger set of samples" do you mean a larger number of samples or the some number of samples at a lower bit/sample rate? If the former, does the iOS version have fewer "sounds" or are the samples manipulated in some way e.g. pitch shifted to key map them?
There were multiple optimization methods used in order to maintain a very high quality even though the sample library size is smaller to accommodate the platform.

Syntronik 1.0.1 is now available on the App Store.

What’s new:

- New MIDI channel assignment parameter in Settings
- Faster sound database rebuilding
- Manual value insertion for parameters is now available by tapping the value display
- Fixes a potential crash loading Instruments via MIDI Remote
- In-App keyboard responsiveness improvements
- Fixes a problem with the arpeggiator trigger
- Fixes tempo sync issues with Inter-App Audio hosts
- Improved purchasing experience with In-App purchases process
- General reliability improvements

Still having fun with this synth. I own shitloads of dsp based VAs that I first and foremost choose to the extent I can make some of my favorite analog style sounds. Though, the filters of Syntronic may not be component modeled to each specific synth, I do think the filters work pretty well with the sampled osc. With the right settings, there is an added realism to Syntronic in contrast to my VA iPad emulations, e.g. Arturia mini, iSem or Polysix. And these synths are already pretty good at analog style themselves though their edge is VAis. IMO, of course.

But there are practical issues. For now there is no way to make a set up that will be totally recalled when firing up a sequencer like Cubasis 2 with Syntronic. Instead I have to set up Syntronic each time by IAA. There are at present two ways of dealing with this. One is to make Syntronic Audio Unit compatible or enable to make state savings in Audiobus 3. If the former is not possible, it would be cool and fair if we at least could have state savings. Plz put it on your to-do list IK.

I look forward to future updates.

IncarnateX wrote:Still having fun with this synth. I own shitloads of dsp based VAs that I first and foremost choose to the extent I can make some of my favorite analog style sounds. Though, the filters of Syntronic may not be component modeled to each specific synth, I do think the filters work pretty well with the sampled osc. With the right settings, there is an added realism to Syntronic in contrast to my VA iPad emulations, e.g. Arturia mini, iSem or Polysix. And these synths are already pretty good at analog style themselves though their edge is VAis. IMO, of course.

But there are practical issues. For now there is no way to make a set up that will be totally recalled when firing up a sequencer like Cubasis 2 with Syntronic. Instead I have to set up Syntronic each time by IAA. There are at present two ways of dealing with this. One is to make Syntronic Audio Unit compatible or enable to make state savings in Audiobus 3. If the former is not possible, it would be cool and fair if we at least could have state savings. Plz put it on your to-do list IK.

I look forward to future updates.
AU is definitely on the todo list for our apps (including Syntronik).

AU is definitely on the todo list for our apps (including Syntronik).
And you did, thanks :tu: Works fine on my iPad Air 2.

SHall1000 wrote:The differences in Desktop vs iOS pricing intrigues me as it is usually very large. I am interested to understand the business model differences that drive this. For example do devs expect to sell much higher volumes on iOS?
Wonder how long this will last https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... d-mac-apps

Are the individual synths availible via in app purcheses? Say I want Just the v80.

bill45 wrote:Are the individual synths availible via in app purcheses? Say I want Just the v80.
Sorry did not see the more button. We can buy the indvidual synths

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”