Reverb Afficianados Please...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for FELT reverbs, not heard ones, like the Lexicon halls and lovely obnoxious plates. FDNs do the felt thing pretty good, and I have Redline's awesome super understated plugin, and there aren't too many FDNs anyway (I CANNOT for the life of me understand why). What other plugins would you point in that direction. Even Impulses would be great. Ambience to Chambers mostly, but any size is welcome.

Is Audiority Polaris a FDN?

Etienne1973 wrote:Is Audiority Polaris a FDN?
No, absolutely not.

Reverbical is an absolutely fantastic FDN plus ER reverb.

https://www.realtimeonly.com/reverbical.php
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

MTurboreverb. It has quite a few FDNs and you can even make your own if you want.

You may give Eareverb2 or Acon Verberate a try. They can be pretty transparent in a mix, even with long decay settings.

sinkmusic wrote:even with long decay settings.
As far as I can understand the OP, that would be 'heard' reverbs. 'Felt' would be: no tail, just spatializing the sound, possibly some reflections.

I'd recommend TC reverbs, they are physically modelled (= as close to 'felt' as you can get).

Waves Abbey Road Plates. Super cheap at the moment.
No signature here!

I dont' know what an "FDN" is, but I can tell you that for 7 years now the reverb I use for "felt not heard" is Uhbik A from the U-He Uhbik collection.

It's what I use when I want something to have 'Space', but not have an audible tail, obvious diffusion, etc...

it's what I use to "push stuff back a bit", to make something "less dry" without making it "obviously wet".

check it out if you haven't....

-M

Exponential's Phoenixverb.

Heartfeltdawn wrote:Exponential's Phoenixverb.
This or, if more flexibility is desired, Exponential Audio's Nimbus.

mholloway wrote:I dont' know what an "FDN" is....
FDN = Feedback Delay Network
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I think by "felt", you're referring to reverbs that quickly move from the direct signal to a fully diffuse tail, skipping the early reflection and any gaps leading into the reverb body. Many FDNs by design use a fully diffuse matrix to mix delaylines of varying lengths (which can be adjusted to remove gaps in the early part of the reverb) along with some form of modulation cut out any resonances for that smooth transparent tail.

s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

therw are some great reverb plugins on the uad-2 platform

my personnal favorites are the
-Lexicon 224 Digital Reverb
-EMT 140 Classic Plate Reverberator

and for that 80ies Phill Collins " In The Air Tonight"
gated reverb is the AMX RM16
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Well in terms of "felt" reverb, I would say that the Sonnox Reverb and the Fabfilter Pro-R reverb might be interesting to you. Both can get huge and lush but both can be very subtle and transparent. Perhaps Sonnox offers more control but Pro-R is more immediate, I find.

Return to “Effects”