Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1eqinfinity wrote:@rcrath Thanks!

@parma Soon, sooooon :ud: Honestly. I might have to rewrite some graphics code for Mac, but everything prior to that seems to be figured out. Anyway, after Synthposium I'm pressed to release AU even harder. ~Every 3rd person asked if there's going to be one, and they wanted to know the dates.
Really looking forward for this!

Wow, this completely slipped under my radar. What a fascinating machine!

Many thanks for sharing your work and taking the time to make the tutorial video.

@C_Moltisanti Could you please provide the info about your system and FL version? I'll try to reproduce the problem (not right away though, but there are several FL users that reported the problem, just as Ableton guys).

@cron you're welcome :)

One Ableton user left a very useful comment in the tutorial video which seems to explain the problem with Live. It's not possible to send audio to the 1st and the 2nd audio inputs, hence the buffers are filled with zeroes. There's no convenient workaround really, but I think I'll fix this in the next release.

Btw, I plan to release the next update in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to do it asap, but I don't want to exchange quality for speed :)

1eqinfinity wrote: @parma Soon, sooooon :ud: Honestly. I might have to rewrite some graphics code for Mac, but everything prior to that seems to be figured out. Anyway, after Synthposium I'm pressed to release AU even harder. ~Every 3rd person asked if there's going to be one, and they wanted to know the dates.
Wonderful news. I just found this plugin via your post in the REAPER forums. Eagerly awaiting the macOS version!

Hi guys!
I've promised to release Mac version soon. However I need more time to finish some stuff for the next stable release.
But everything related to Mac seems to work fine. And I've added a workaround for Ableton. Since these two factors address many potential users, here's beta: https://yadi.sk/d/5o9-SIHJ3KrjpF

The most important new thing is channel configuration. It is available by right click on the multiinput button (top right corner). You can select the range of available stereo channels. For Ableton it will be 2-4.
For other changes please see changelog.

The only drawback of beta is suboptimal graphics, release will use less resources for drawing GUI.

Also, please check and let me know if the links on the info panel are clickable on Mac (the button shows info panel).

Have a nice weekend :)
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ableton user here. Thank you so much! Gonna rewatch the video to refresh my memory then jump in.

Wow. Staggering.

A user reported that Logic validation fails. I'll fix that, but Ribs AU and VST both were working fine in Reaper on Mac.

AU in Ableton Live fails as well.

VST works though.

vst and AU works like a charm in Reaper!
thanks for OSX versions.
superbe deep tool for experimental minds!

Hi there!
I'm posting updated beta since I've fixed one very rare but very nasty bug with partial GUI freezing.
https://yadi.sk/d/LXJNr6Ew3NCwRo
Also, check out the new scratching feature in SIMPLE mode. Just click and drag on the waveform. It sounds especially nice when filter cut-off is set to be proportional to the playrate.

Looking forward to this working in Logic at some point. The current error that causes validation to fail is:

# # # 114 Global Scope Parameters:
ERROR: Parameter values are different since last set - probable cause: a Meta Param Flag is NOT set on a parameter that will change values of other parameters.

Thanks for the update! Gonna give this a spin next week when I'm back in town.

onerob wrote:Looking forward to this working in Logic at some point
Thanks for the log! I know about this problem. Ribs uses complex saving/restoring procedure for several parameters that is completely functional, but auval treats it as an error in several cases. I've set all the meta flags and other stuff, but still :ud: I'll try to find a workaround.

Return to “Instruments”