Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Maan you are still one of my idols in sound design - it will be interesting to hear default factory presets... :)

izonin wrote:Could you please post an A/B of a LP filter sweep with a simple saw? Think I heard something in the demo that wasn't quite right. The Resonance compensation in the 200-500Hz area has to be tweaked a little.
Here is a comparison either way. The left channel is the Virus, the right is Viper, and I automated the filter cutoff upward. First the resonance is 0, then 50%, then 100%. Its very close, the little differences become apparent at max resonance. My filter is based on ZDF filters, because they are very stable at fast modulations, very cpu friendly, and also the resonance has the same energy across the spectrum, and to me that sounds more musical and natural. The Virus, I have no idea what filters they use, but indeed, the resonance at max is a bit unstable and at around 100 Hz the resonance gets a boost, so it gets louder than my filter, but at around 200 Hz, it dips, so its quieter. The difference might be quite prominent with this very specific example, but at normal every day use, using patches the difference is not noticeable.

http://www.adamszabo.com/internet/Virus ... arison.wav
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Adam i am curious couls you do some audio clips of patches i provided that are for original virus ti?

I will post a big factory sounds demo in a few days, which I will use for the video as well

I guess this has been answered already, but what will the price be?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

adamtrance wrote:Here is a comparison either way. The left channel is the Virus, the right is Viper, and I automated the filter cutoff upward. First the resonance is 0, then 50%, then 100%. Its very close, the little differences become apparent at max resonance. My filter is based on ZDF filters, because they are very stable at fast modulations, very cpu friendly, and also the resonance has the same energy across the spectrum, and to me that sounds more musical and natural. The Virus, I have no idea what filters they use, but indeed, the resonance at max is a bit unstable and at around 100 Hz the resonance gets a boost, so it gets louder than my filter, but at around 200 Hz, it dips, so its quieter. The difference might be quite prominent with this very specific example, but at normal every day use, using patches the difference is not noticeable.

http://www.adamszabo.com/internet/Virus ... arison.wav
Thanks for posting this. The waves indeed do look and sound identical at normal resonance values. And I'm glad to see that you got Analog Boost right.

izonin wrote: And I'm glad to see that you got Analog Boost right.
I turned off Analog Boost in this demo to make sure everything is 'dry' but Viper will have Analog Boost as well, and it will be very close too

what ever happened with this?

melodyz wrote:what ever happened with this?
Well...before it was close to release, and after that it was very close to release. The latest however is that now it's very very close to release :hihi: According to Adam he is finishing up the last stuff now. :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

IMHO this is the wiser approach than rushing the release. Look what happened with Avenger and the 150 pages of bug reports, before it got stable.

izonin wrote:before it got stable.
Did it ever? I lost the track and finally lost interest in Avenger because of these endless bug talks.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Despite being on Cubase 9 and its curfew on 32 bit plug ins this VSTi remains like a dangling carrot to a donkey. If anyone gets this working nicely with J-Bridge in Cubase 9 (PC) I will be very interested to know how you successfully manage it. Given Cubase is probably the most popular DAW in use today it would be a sensible idea if Adam could see if this is working with a J-Bridge in Cubase, in due course, after the release is successfully made.

I watch with bated breathe.

Synthman2000 wrote: If anyone gets this working nicely with J-Bridge in Cubase 9 (PC) I will be very interested to know how you successfully manage it.
It has been tested in JBridge and works without any issues. I havent had the chance to try it in Cubase 9, but I assume it should be without any problems there using JBridge.

Long story short, when I made this topic I thought it was close to being finished, but then the real beta testing started and there were million issues to fix, some easy, some hard, I had to rewrite a lot of things, and since I am doing everything by myself it was not easy, and takes time to make it as stable as possible for release. I only have one shot to make a first good impression and that is more important then to rush it out. This is the most professional product I have ever done in my life, and I have set the bar very high. I want everything to be polished, the synth, the manual, the presets, the marketing, everything. So please guys just bare with me, I am exhausted, I am excited, I cant wait to finally release it. Its very close now, just some additional polish for that extra shine 8)

izonin wrote:IMHO this is the wiser approach than rushing the release. Look what happened with Avenger and the 150 pages of bug reports, before it got stable.
To be fair, Avenger is a VERY complex synth though. More complex than most others i know. And, i'm sure that they released it with the best intentions of having a stable product. If anything, then they may have beta tested longer. Or the beta testers didn't quite do their job, because, otherwise, there wouldn't be many issues.

chk071 wrote: Or the beta testers didn't quite do their job, because, otherwise, there wouldn't be many issues.
perhaps they could have opened up to other known kvr active testers????
Imagine if Vengeance had let Wagtones and other sound designers like him test it.
Rest assured it would have been quite solid, a huge bonus we would have a ton of extra
sounds.

Perhaps Vengeance deliberately dropped Avenger a bit early to fully cripple Rapid by parawave?
I think they achieved their objective. Discussion on that synth dried up quick and resembles a husk
of its original dream.

Return to “Instruments”