Slate Digital FG-Stress is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Pprimo +1

Theres a lot of talent behind this plugin and a lot of talented well known producers singing its praises. Got to stress somethings right :)

4damind wrote:I expect that Fabrice programmed a great plugin, it's more the question if I really need this. I never used the hardware so I have no real comparison.
$199 and Afaik there is no special deal for existing customers. Subscription is not an option because I already bought many (for me) interesting Slate plugins and I'm not so much interested for the subscription.

Anyway, does somebody knows the trial time with the iLok trial/demo key?
Demo is 15 days.

Jax Pok wrote:
4damind wrote:I expect that Fabrice programmed a great plugin, it's more the question if I really need this. I never used the hardware so I have no real comparison.
$199 and Afaik there is no special deal for existing customers. Subscription is not an option because I already bought many (for me) interesting Slate plugins and I'm not so much interested for the subscription.

Anyway, does somebody knows the trial time with the iLok trial/demo key?
Demo is 15 days.
Thanks!

Really liking FG-Stress on bass lines done with my Odyssey. It's not just louder it's sorta more there with a more nicer tone.

gas pump wrote:
Pprimo wrote:
gas pump wrote:
toby wrote:Lives up to the hype! And was there ever a lot of hype.
Hype and fanbois are how they survive, oh and that low priced lifetime subscription payment. :hihi:
Used to own almost all his plugins at one time.........then he tried pushing everyone into his subscription tactics and raising initial purchase of plugins if u want to buy. (TO DETER BUYERS FROM PURCHASING & FALLING INTO subscription Plan) His cheesy marketing ETHOS.......turned me right off. Sold everything!!!! Couldn't be happier. Using my other plugins Klaghelm, Cytomic, and had majority of Plugin Alliance anyways ........ so I am good !!!!! :tu: :D :party: .

Thats my rant for the day !!!!!! Peace to the World :tu:
Yeah, he tries to convince people that his plugins don't depreciate over time. I guess that's how he makes people believe they are getting a great deal over a 10 year period or their lifetime. In the real world things go on sale and their prices drop dramatically over time. There are plenty of 1/2 price sales that his plugins seem to be immune to. The hyperbole never ends with him and his plugins. I like the clever way he made his drum plugin and trigger a separate company. You've got to give it to him for tricky marketing and sales. The everything deal my arse.
I got to give credit where it is due....... "SLATE" could convince someone to buy there own same plugin twice if he wanted toooooo !!!!!! He has the best marketing in the universe !!!!!!! :D :hihi: :tu:
Last edited by Pprimo on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

void

gas pump wrote:
Fleer wrote:Pumpin' up more gas :hihi:
The irony. :hihi:
Glad you got aroused :D

4damind wrote:$199 and Afaik there is no special deal for existing customers.
And $199 is the intro price... it's going up to $249 shortly. Might be worth it for those who love the hardware (apparently it's pretty close...) but I'm not entirely sure I see what all the fuss is about.

It's pretty clear from Slate's Facebook posts that he has no intention of supporting buyers, unfortunately.

andymcbain wrote:
And $199 is the intro price... it's going up to $249 shortly. Might be worth it for those who love the hardware (apparently it's pretty close...) but I'm not entirely sure I see what all the fuss is about.

It's pretty clear from Slate's Facebook posts that he has no intention of supporting buyers, unfortunately.
NOPE u r correct............and anyways other software companies and coders are just as good. Lots of choices out there for better pricing and they actually do not DETER you from PURCHASING a product :party: :clown: :hyper:

Just another rant for the day !!!!!!! :D
Last edited by Pprimo on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wanna hijack but people in need of a software compressor fix should check out the different airwindows comps, the man Chris is releasing the vsts for free - and they are sounding so great i ditched all my other comps i paid for. No crappy ilok, no blingy gui's - just great sound with little to no effort. Just saying.

irtimid wrote:Don't wanna hijack but people in need of a software compressor fix should check out the different airwindows comps, the man Chris is releasing the vsts for free - and they are sounding so great i ditched all my other comps i paid for. No crappy ilok, no blingy gui's - just great sound with little to no effort. Just saying.
Chris is a dude - I haven't checked out all his stuff but really liked "density" and another overdrive/distortion plug I can't remember the name of...

Which Airwindows compressors are you enjoying?

irtimid wrote:Don't wanna hijack but people in need of a software compressor fix should check out the different airwindows comps, the man Chris is releasing the vsts for free - and they are sounding so great i ditched all my other comps i paid for. No crappy ilok, no blingy gui's - just great sound with little to no effort. Just saying.
They work in BITWIG 2 ? wasn't sure if they do ? I thought they just work in Logic for some reason.......Thanks.

andymcbain wrote:
Chris is a dude - I haven't checked out all his stuff but really liked "density" and another overdrive/distortion plug I can't remember the name of...

Which Airwindows compressors are you enjoying?
Pressure, Density, Logical, Fromtape & Totape, Surge, Surgetide, Pyewacket..
All of them, one by one original flavours and doing their own unique thing i didn't find in any other plugins. It's crazy that it's all for free. Chris definetely deserves to be supported via his patreon. The work he's doing is unreal imho.. Like a hidden gem.

And yes the VST plugins are working perfect in Bitwig 2, they act like native bitwig plugins even, almost using no cpu and having no gui's.

andymcbain wrote:

Slate's clearly MORE interested in pushing subscriptions and from a running-a-business perspective, having a steady stream of predictable income must be nice, but it's not fair to say that "he has no intention of supporting buyers" when he still offers perpetual licenses and said he will continue to indefinitely. If that comment is directed towards the price, remember that this is officially licensed and that prior to that licensing agreement, the cost was slated (no pun intended) to be $149 intro/$199 regular. That was back when it was FG-Swiss. When they announced that Dave Derr had allowed them to license it and changed the name to FG-Stress, the price went up $50. I'm sure some of that's going to Empirical Labs.

If you don't like subs, like I don't, then don't buy it. I own many, but haven't bought a Slate plugin in well over a year, so in the last 12 months, a subscription option wouldn't have made a ton of sense for me. So I don't subscribe, nor will I ever. I'd rather buy one Slate plugin at $149 or $199 every 18 to 24 months or so as he puts out stuff that really impresses me (skipping stuff I don't want) and own them forever versus subscribing.

As to the plugin itself, having spent a few minutes last night on a variety of sources, this is extremely good. That said, I already have Arousor and could [pretty] consistently get both in the same ballpark, to the point where I'm not sure I can justify buying FG-Stress too. The Opto mode in FG-Stress and simpler control set are definitely nice to have though. I'll be trying to spend more time doing these kind of head to heads in the next 2 weeks or so. If I didn't already own Arousor, it would be a tough choice between the two.

Between Kush's new Novatron, Arousor, and FG-Stress, along with some other more recent top of the line compressors like MJUC and TuCo, it's a good time for ITB compressors.

Return to “Effects”