Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Good to see how it gets ignored...
What? Your post agreeing with yourself after no other KVRians chimed in? Sorry you didn't really ask a question [edit - or what you "asked" seemed clearly rhetorical since you knew the answer] and the topic was covered and the suggestion already relayed long ago.
ok, thanks.

why is for the full SYNTRONIK pack no FULL installer? why do i have to run every single installer for every single instrument? or am i missing something?
if thats the case this is annoying. check spectrasonics etc. they all have 1 cumultative installer.... if i buy the full version, which i did, i want to install everything, or why not make it selectable what to install within the installer?

i think this was clear
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: The team is working on updates to both the desktop and iPad versions of Syntronik.
Sounds good. Could one of the updates provide to ability to spread the two OSCs at least one octave? Or does some hardcoding prevent this option? It feels a little crippled to have so much analog raw material yet not being able to make a classic octaved synthbass. For now I have to make a workaround where I double and spread the bass in Cubasis' seq and adjust the volume of the "sub" with lower velocity values. It works but certainly not as optimal as a simple spread option would. Another work around is to layer the sounds but then you have to deal with two set of filters and envelopes every time you want to change the overall sound. So...could you? Please, wih sugar and cream on top?

Caine123 wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Good to see how it gets ignored...
What? Your post agreeing with yourself after no other KVRians chimed in? Sorry you didn't really ask a question [edit - or what you "asked" seemed clearly rhetorical since you knew the answer] and the topic was covered and the suggestion already relayed long ago.
ok, thanks.

why is for the full SYNTRONIK pack no FULL installer? why do i have to run every single installer for every single instrument? or am i missing something?
if thats the case this is annoying. check spectrasonics etc. they all have 1 cumultative installer.... if i buy the full version, which i did, i want to install everything, or why not make it selectable what to install within the installer?

i think this was clear
Not at the time, there is definitely an issue logged with regard to doing this differently. The instruments being available separately is great [edit - forgot to add a touch of humor saying BUT AT WHAT COST?], but there is a request to have a better "wrapper" for all of them (in other words not just a workaround) if that makes sense.

IncarnateX wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: The team is working on updates to both the desktop and iPad versions of Syntronik.
Sounds good. Could one of the updates provide to ability to spread the two OSCs at least one octave? Or does some hardcoding prevent this option? It feels a little crippled to have so much analog raw material yet not being able to make a classic octaved synthbass. For now I have to make a workaround where I double and spread the bass in Cubasis' seq and adjust the volume of the "sub" with lower velocity values. It works but certainly not as optimal as a simple spread option would. Another work around is to layer the sounds but then you have to deal with two set of filters and envelopes every time you want to change the overall sound. So...could you? Please, wih sugar and cream on top?
I will surely relay this to the team.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I will surely relay this to the team.
:hug:

Peter rocks :)

I am still exploring my iPad version. There is much more to this rompler than meets the eye. However, I do occasionally fall over an issue or two that could be ironed out. Meanwhile there are workaround for some of them and I thought that these could be useful if shared. I will post some if I find them important. The first one about octaved bass I have already mentioned.

Now, there is an issue with the otherwise great sounding Chorus C1. If you use it in mono mode the chorused effect is somehow panned to the left, almost splitting the signal like a doubler. Now turning on the stereo mode centers the sound but makes it sound like a phasy mess. Here is the workaround: Don't turn on the stereo tab but put the stereo imager effect right after the chorus. Set the mode to normal and narrow the width a bit to your liking. Viola, a nice full chorused sound without phase mess. Alternatively: Use the ensemble instead in "slow" and stereo mode but volumed subtly and you got a nice substitute for the chorus.

Thank you for the kind words and comments.

Here's a different style than we've seen (heard) using Syntronik which we posted recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJHuVISKTs

Nice.

For my concern it unfortunately seems like the chorus c1 is buggy on my iPad Air 2. Besides from panning the chorus effect to the left (which can be fixed with the stereo imager), it doesn't seem to repond to volume, debth or rate but just produce a fixed chorus sound. Guess that is something to the bug list. :)

As far as features concern, I have made a little demo of the effect I want to achieve by being able to spread the two OSCs one octave. You will hear a (rather lame) bass line with three different bass sounds in succession. The first 4 measures of each of them are played in a single octave, the next 4 measures they are doubled. The effect should be rather obvious in each case. The bass sounds are generated from moog samples, OB X samples and Jupiter samples respectively.

https://soundcloud.com/incarnatex/syntronikoctavebass

I watched the oscillators video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN5cra9bASY and that combined with the sweetwater $149 crossgrade sale pushed me over the top.

To some degree, I think the free version creates an impression of the product that is a long way below what this can actually achieve sonically.

Great! We have just published the Syntronik Tutorial Series: Filters video too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpA-NwQ52qA

Thanks Peter.

I'm wondering why Syntronik's filter envelope amount seems to work by taking envelope output x envelope amount and multiplying the cutoff frequency by this, rather than the usual method of adding it to the cutoff frequency (like the LFO does). Not something addressed in this video or the user manual.

Still absolutely loving syntronik though - I'm up to E on the presets, marking out my favourites. Such high quality stuff in here. Much as I love ground-up synthesis, I think this would be my desert island tool for getting that vintage synth sound.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Thanks Peter.

I'm wondering why Syntronik's filter envelope amount seems to work by taking envelope output x envelope amount and multiplying the cutoff frequency by this, rather than the usual method of adding it to the cutoff frequency (like the LFO does). Not something addressed in this video or the user manual.

Still absolutely loving syntronik though - I'm up to E on the presets, marking out my favourites. Such high quality stuff in here. Much as I love ground-up synthesis, I think this would be my desert island tool for getting that vintage synth sound.
I'm going to work backwards and start by thanking you for the kind words. That is exactly what Syntronik is made for and I'm glad that it resonates with you. On the topic of filter behavior, the team was able to explain better than I could and definitely with greater detail so here goes:
The Filter Envelope Amount determines how much the envelope as a whole will modulate the filter cutoff frequency. This control works a bit differently in Syntronik than it does in most analog synths. In most analog synths, the Filter Envelope Amount control simply adds voltage to the filter cutoff, opening the filter as its value is increased.

In Syntronik, the Filter Envelope Amount control scales the existing cutoff frequency. Set your cutoff frequency to the maximum value you want to hear – in a low pass filter, this is the maximum brightness of the filter. Then adjust the Filter Envelope Amount control to determine how much the filter envelope will close the filter; how much it will reduce the filter cutoff frequency.

A Filter Envelope Amount value of 1 scales the filter by half. So if your cutoff frequency is 20 kilohertz, using a filter envelope amount of 1 will let the filter close down to 10 kilohertz.

At the other extreme, the maximum filter envelope amount value of 10 scales the filter by its maximum amount – it divides the cutoff frequency by 1,024. So a cutoff frequency of 20 kilohertz will let the filter close all the way down to 20 hertz.

You can also use negative filter envelope amount values to create an inverted envelope where the attack stage will close the filter, and the decay stage will open it.

Thanks Peter - that chimes with what I said about multiplying, but I just wondered why they'd gone that route given Syntronik's focus on vintage synth recreation.

Seemed odd to ape the panels, then go a different direction on the filter envelope amount to how they pretty much all worked!

I tried using the syntronik content in sampletank over the weekend, so I guess I can answer my own question as syntronik's filter envelope amount works the same way as sampletank, so I guess the decision was taken that it was easier/better to maintain the sampletank approach rather than the approach used by the hardware synths.

A couple of other things that came up for me: it'd be useful to be able to save midi mappings - especially as syntronik works so well with a midi controller (even better with a slider/knob heavy hardware synth as controller).

Also, given the sampletank underpinnings - are there any plans to implement the 2 x LFO structure of sampletank into a future version of syntronik?
Last edited by OneOfManyPauls on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”