kontakt update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi kontakt update is supposed to be 5.7 according to KVR update news but actually when i downloaded the latest kontkt it shows only 5.6.8. The native access update always fails :o

"Welcome to the new cruelty."

Try this:
NISupport wrote:1. Start a Native Access download, then quit Native Access, as usual.
(Ctrl-Alt-Del and End Task in task manager)
2. Go to the root of your system, and look inside of the C:\ Drive.
3. be sure to set windows to display Hidden Files...
4. Once you have set Windows to Show Hidden Files, check your C:\ Drive for the file named ".native-instruments.tmp"...
5. Here, you will find a file similar to the *.toc files, "metalink-gqHp5840").
You can open this file ("metalink-gqHp5840") with Notepad, just like the ".toc files", and you will find the same URL Link Info.

NOTE:
The only difference, is that the URL Link Data is listed near the end of the file, instead of near the beginning, as with the ".toc files".
Download that way and install it yourself.
Be prepared for it no longer 'seeing' your third party libraries.
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi thanks seems difficult for me but why such a renowned company has done it like this?
I feel sorry. Nothing can be updated from the native access.
Thank you

BBFG# wrote:"Welcome to the new cruelty."

Try this:
NISupport wrote:1. Start a Native Access download, then quit Native Access, as usual.
(Ctrl-Alt-Del and End Task in task manager)
2. Go to the root of your system, and look inside of the C:\ Drive.
3. be sure to set windows to display Hidden Files...
4. Once you have set Windows to Show Hidden Files, check your C:\ Drive for the file named ".native-instruments.tmp"...
5. Here, you will find a file similar to the *.toc files, "metalink-gqHp5840").
You can open this file ("metalink-gqHp5840") with Notepad, just like the ".toc files", and you will find the same URL Link Info.

NOTE:
The only difference, is that the URL Link Data is listed near the end of the file, instead of near the beginning, as with the ".toc files".
Download that way and install it yourself.
So after one sees that Kontakt no longer "sees" them, what next? This is the $1 million question which keeps me clinging to Kontakt 5.5. I have a small fortune invested in third party libraries. Feels like saying goodbye to them is the price of "progress" as far as staying current with Kontakt is concerned. Still boggles my mind how NI seems to have screwed this up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Download that way and install it yourself.
So after one sees that Kontakt no longer "sees" them, what next? This is the $1 million question which keeps me clinging to Kontakt 5.5. I have a small fortune invested in third party libraries. Feels like saying goodbye to them is the price of "progress" as far as staying current with Kontakt is concerned. Still boggles my mind how NI seems to have screwed this up.
Working on that now. So far, no success. Even when I go to a library and try to open or drag/drop from there, it comes up with "Use the add library function under the library tab first to use this library", which, I can find nowhere under that tab or anywhere else in the interface. Off to read the knowledge base now.

What I've decided is that Kontakt is what I've used the most and uninstalled every Native Instrument except Kontakt, Guitar Rig, & Maschine. But If I can't get my 3rd party sets to load, I have absolutely no use for it at all.

Which would mean either rolling back to 5.6.8 or dumping it.

As I am about to leave for a few weeks, I shan't update right now (perhaps never if this is a real problem) but to those who will or would like to: have you read this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... KT-Library

?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

BBFG# wrote:
lingyai wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Download that way and install it yourself.
Working on that now. So far, no success. Even when I go to a library and try to open or drag/drop from there, it comes up with "Use the add library function under the library tab first to use this library", which, I can find nowhere under that tab or anywhere else in the interface. Off to read the knowledge base now.

What I've decided is that Kontakt is what I've used the most and uninstalled every Native Instrument except Kontakt, Guitar Rig, & Maschine. But If I can't get my 3rd party sets to load, I have absolutely no use for it at all.

Which would mean either rolling back to 5.6.8 or dumping it.
This is so surreal. Is this really happening? As in, no access to 3rd party libraries at all? Mind you, by that I do *not* mean the mere inability to access them through the library tab; that doesn't matter too much to me in the scheme of things; rather, I mean the inability to load them in any way at all, including through the file directory tab. Is this really the case? As is, 3rd party libs = toast? Am I dreaming? Sounds like NI is really attempting suicide here.

Someone *please* point out where I'm wrong.

Used Native Access to update Kontakt, i'm on 5.7 and everything is working fine, including 3rd party libraries. Not saying people may not have problems with it, but i have none at least. :shrug:

ErikH wrote:As I am about to leave for a few weeks, I shan't update right now (perhaps never if this is a real problem) but to those who will or would like to: have you read this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... KT-Library

?
Thanks for posting that. It has some troubling ambiguities ...

A. It says "KONTAKT allows you to add third-party Powered By KONTAKT Libraries to the Browser. These libraries can also be used with the free KONTAKT 5 Player. "

What exactly is meant by "Powered by Kontakt"? The use of the upper-case "P" hints that it is some special designation. I have, for example, loads of libraries from Orange Tree Samples and Indignus. They are all "Kontakt libraries" in that I've alsways been able to load them into Kontakt and use them as the developers intended. But these never carried the "Powered by Kontakt" designation. What is this designation? Will these libraries still work?

B. It gives directions fot "1. Setting Up an Already Registered Third Party Library" and "2. Setting Up a New Third Party KONTAKT Library." Focussing on option 1 -- my Orange Tree and Indiginus libraries are third party, but were never "registered"; it was never required, nor was an option to register anywhere even given. All that was needed was to download, unzip to a folder, and navigate there with Kontakt's browser when I needed to use them. So, what I'm getting at -- does the fact that these were never "registered" -- make them "unregistered third party libraries" in this context, now in limbo? Are they toast, or what?

It's staggering enough that NI has cocked this up so bad, but even more so that to get any comprehensive, unequivocal guidance on how to avoid losing libraries when updating, one has to go begging.

Whatever they've been smoking, I want the phone number of the guy who sold it to them.

nitex wrote:Used Native Access to update Kontakt, i'm on 5.7 and everything is working fine, including 3rd party libraries. Not saying people may not have problems with it, but i have none at least. :shrug:
Glad to hear it. But what on earth could explain this? Some people have no problems, others have no end of them. Feels like a lottery.

ErikH wrote:As I am about to leave for a few weeks, I shan't update right now (perhaps never if this is a real problem) but to those who will or would like to: have you read this article:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... KT-Library ?
Thanks for the link, it saved me some search time.
It did work, but only after I moved those libraries to a path it would recognize and not the ease of pointing the path I've always had it under (always showing as an 'invalid path') and as they show in the examples. What they are doing is making us re-register every product and I've only tried 'registered products' so far, not any of those that don't require registration.
It is perhaps ambiguous and even a bit arcane. And while my first impression of going through this even felt perfidious. I can relate it to being the very same as in Service Center, just not as up-front.

Maybe I should even thank them for the soul searching and realizing how much of their stuff I was holding on to as some perceived 'need' or nostalgia of sound that I go elsewhere for anyway. Definitely time to let go of Komplete and just get the two plugins I use from it. Reduce the time necessary to keep it running to an absolute minimum.

I have moved and shifted my libraries to different drives, folders, etc. No problems here on 5.7...except the dll install bug which is easy to rectify...though I should not have to.

Windows 10.

lingyai wrote:What exactly is meant by "Powered by Kontakt"?
Kontakt Player libraries.
lingyai wrote:Orange Tree and Indiginus libraries are third party, but were never "registered"; it was never required, nor was an option to register anywhere even given. All that was needed was to download, unzip to a folder, and navigate there with Kontakt's browser when I needed to use them. So, what I'm getting at -- does the fact that these were never "registered" -- make them "unregistered third party libraries" in this context, now in limbo? Are they toast, or what?
No, they are not "toast", that would be bonkers! Third party NON Kontakt Player libraries continue working as they used to (via Files browser or Quick Load, whatever way you work), Native Access has nothing to do with them (it's used to authorize the above mentioned Kontakt Player libraries, both 1st and 3rd party - OTS does have some KP libraries, mind you - they all still work).

Let's just try and get this paranoia out of the way. All libraries continue working as they used to, there was just a change in how you authorize any and all Kontakt Player libraries (from using the built-in Service Center scheme, to using Native Access authorization instead). Any OTHER non-Kontakt Player encoded libraries also continue to work as they used to. There was absolutely no changes there.

Only "Powered by Kontakt" libraries can be added to the library tap. The rest can be added to the quickload screen. I actually put all my libraries there. No need to bother with multiple tabs while trying to recall what libraries are "powered" and which are not.

That said, I'm scared to update Kontakt now.

I was able to update using My products and not Kontakt native access :D

Return to “Instruments”