ReSpire?

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What exactly is ReSpire? I haven't found much information about it. Also, I see a link to it from here, but not on your official website. Why?

Thank you.

ReSpire is Spire for Propellerhead Reason, in the native Reason plugin format, rack extension. The reason why you don't see it on Reveal-Sound's website is probably that it is only being distributed through Propellerhead's shop, just like all other rack extensions. ReSpire is exactly the same as the Spire VST, it just will get some additional functionality, to make it work with the Reason internal routing options. Apart from that, functionality is the same.

Will it ever be finished?

Our engineers are doing their best to release new version as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the update will take some more time than we expected. Thank you for understanding :)

Thanks for the new update. Hopefully you will eventually implement drop down menus and CV inputs for modulation.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Any future updates to ReSpire planned?

Our work on improvements does not stop:

Spire code was originally written for the VST and AU platforms.

Propellerhead Reason users always asked us to port Spire, so we could not refuse, mistakenly believing that the platforms are similar. It turned out that Reason has a number of limitations, which ultimately impacted the ported version.

It could be possible to speed up the work by reducing the accuracy - but in this case, the sound could be unidentical to the VST version, which is not acceptable.

We chose an alternative path and decided to rewrite the code from scratch again, taking into account the Reason limitations. This process is not at all simple, and upon completion, we will get Spire 2.0 and ReSpire 2.0, where both platforms will get greater performance and new features.

At the moment, we offer all ReSpire owners a discount for Spire VST purchase. Just write us to support@reveal-sound.com.

Thanks for understanding.

I certainly understand the limitations and challenges of the platform. I was just wondering whether or not development would continue. As I also own the VST version of Spire, I am good.

Thanks for providing this information.

vega555 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am Our work on improvements does not stop:

Propellerhead Reason users always asked us to port Spire, so we could not refuse, mistakenly believing that the platforms are similar. It turned out that Reason has a number of limitations, which ultimately impacted the ported version.

It could be possible to speed up the work by reducing the accuracy - but in this case, the sound could be unidentical to the VST version, which is not acceptable.

We chose an alternative path and decided to rewrite the code from scratch again, taking into account the Reason limitations. This process is not at all simple, and upon completion, we will get Spire 2.0 and ReSpire 2.0, where both platforms will get greater performance and new features.

At the moment, we offer all ReSpire owners a discount for Spire VST purchase. Just write us to support@reveal-sound.com.

This is really great news - thanks for updating us. Most Reasoners have thought you guys abandoned the RE, so it's nice to read that you're still working on an update.

Cheers
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Spire 2?? :hyper:

Please give us some ideas. What will it include? Wavetables?

I recently discovered Spire. Dunno why i avoid it always. This synth is really good. I like onboard effects and workflow. Reverb is really good for this type of instrument.

I tried VST but since i am Reason user i bought and prefer Rack Extension solely for workflow. Their web based patch converter is also icing the cake.

Seeing that developers of this product have even more under the table and future optimization - gives me warm feeling about this company.

Good luck with future update development and keep up the good work.

yes, thats good news. Hope it will happen sometime this year. Im on RE because Im using Reason and I prefer that format. I dont use vst.
I think the decision to stay at the RE format is a good one, because of the way propellerheads go in future with their RackExtensions and Reason. The partnership with MIND Music Lab could maybe a step forward in future too.
---

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm Spire 2?? :hyper:

From Reveal Sound's post 4 years ago ( :o ) it looks like long term plans for the VST were/are:

viewtopic.php?p=6059639#p6059639

- Extended preset browser
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
- Vowel OSC mode
- New reverberator's types
- New shaper's types
- Filter with Drive Parameter

One can imagine that, according to their post above, it appears as though they plan to keep the RE and the VST the same in 2.0 as far as features go (within the context of Reason, so the "extended preset browser" likely wouldn't apply to the RE, but everything else could)... :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

vega555 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am Our work on improvements does not stop:

Great news! Thanks for this update. I'm really looking forward to this. :)

EnochLight wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm Spire 2?? :hyper:

From Reveal Sound's post 4 years ago ( :o ) it looks like long term plans for the VST were/are:

viewtopic.php?p=6059639#p6059639

- Extended preset browser
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
- Vowel OSC mode
- New reverberator's types
- New shaper's types
- Filter with Drive Parameter

One can imagine that, according to their post above, it appears as though they plan to keep the RE and the VST the same in 2.0 as far as features go (within the context of Reason, so the "extended preset browser" likely wouldn't apply to the RE, but everything else could)... :party:
Oh nice, well they added a couple of them already.

Return to “Reveal Sound”