Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Hi all, help needed please.

Randolph Glahs
KVRer

2 posts since 11 Oct, 2017

Postby Randolph Glahs; Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm Hi all, help needed please.

OK, so I have just installed a Focusrite scarlet18i20 soundcard and I want to be able to output each sound, i.e kick, bass, banging clank, etc throught he soundcards indivdual outputs into an external mixing desk and then from the output of the desk back into the computer to record the mix.

I've had Bitwig for a few years now but have only in the last 3-4 months started using it and producing tunes again after a 20 year lay off and as you can imagine, the final mix etc on a few tunes is in need of some TLC. I will now begin watching as many vids etc as possible. Is what I want to do even possible? if so, help and direction appreciated.

Cheers now.
BertKoor
KVRAF

10053 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am Re: Hi all, help needed please.

Maybe this article is helpful to you:
https://ask.audio/articles/setting-up-c ... wig-studio
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
RichieWitch
KVRist

428 posts since 15 Jun, 2015

Postby RichieWitch; Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 am Re: Hi all, help needed please.

Once you get Bitwig configured correctly, it's going to depend on the mixer you decide to pair with your Scarlett 18i20. Do you have a mixer already? If not, what are you planning on using? How many channels do you intend to use going into the mixer? And how many channels do you plan to mix down to? Are you recording the mix back into Bigwig? Or elsewhere?
Randolph Glahs
KVRer

2 posts since 11 Oct, 2017

Postby Randolph Glahs; Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 am Re: Hi all, help needed please.

RichieWitch wrote:Once you get Bitwig configured correctly, it's going to depend on the mixer you decide to pair with your Scarlett 18i20. Do you have a mixer already? If not, what are you planning on using? How many channels do you intend to use going into the mixer? And how many channels do you plan to mix down to? Are you recording the mix back into Bigwig? Or elsewhere?

Hi, yes I have a mixer already, Yamaha MG166cx, in theory I'd like to use all 16 channels. I can record back into various programmes on the computer if needs be and transfer back into Bitwig if easier?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)