Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
miketurn
KVRist

155 posts since 22 Jun, 2015

Postby miketurn; Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

In another post of mine, I mentioned I was looking for a pair of 5" studio monitors for mixing.
I explained that for my general room size and space available that I was only willing to go with 5" monitors.
I recently came across the IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions of them. I am looking for opinions more along the lines of actually mixing with them as opposed to other purposes.
I was wondering how they may compare to products such as JBL LSR305, KRK Rokit 5 G3, etc.
which are all about in the same price range.

I would prefer opinions of people who own them and or have owned them, but if anyone has anything else to share that is fine.

Thank You
bill45
KVRAF

2028 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

Ik reps are touring guitar centers with them.
miketurn
KVRist

Postby miketurn; Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:13 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

@bill45
I heard about this, but unfortunately not in my area.

Has anybody else ever tried them?
Not to say they are going to compete with 8" monitors, but it seems interesting that they are said to be able to produce lower frequencies (I think something like 45 - 20k), especially considering that they are only 3" monitors.
At the price point they are at, they should be able to compete with the 5" monitors I mention above, I was just hoping more people have tried them and have some opinions to share.
bill45
KVRAF

Postby bill45; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:12 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

I went to a guitar center in Boston but they didn't have them out.They were in a box.
Hope fully they will hook them up .
miketurn
KVRist

Postby miketurn; Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

Sorry to revive this thread but I am still curious about this, now that they have been out for a while, does anyone have any info they can share?

I still love the idea of smaller monitors and I am still interested to know....

1.) If people are mixing with them as their main monitoring source, instead of just using them for referencing. If so how is this process working for you, can you get enough bass response to mix low end properly?

2.) Still wondering how they compare to smaller 5" monitors such as JBL LSR305, KRK Rokit 5 G3, etc. Especially the JBLs, the JBLs say they can produce frequencies as low as 43Hz, just wondering how the IKM iLoud specs of 55Hz compares?

3.) I wouldn't be using them in Bluetooth mode, (I am sure I am the only one, but honestly I wish this feature was not included) but when using them with the 1/8" stereo jack or the RCA L and R ports, do you get any latency being that the signal is being converted back to digital (DSP)?
Just wondering how going back and forth and back and forth between the monitors and audio interfaces if latency occurs, especially with real time audio processing through a USB2 audio interface and then into the iLouds.

4.) Any downsides to the product?

As mentioned above, and other times before, I love the idea of smaller monitors, in this age where everything is getting smaller, it is tough for me to accept that monitors have to be so large :)

If anyone has anything to share, please let me know.
Thanks Again
bill45
KVRAF

Postby bill45; Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

My sales guy at guitar center brought his to the store.They sound awesome!
zadillo
KVRist

58 posts since 24 Jan, 2017

Postby zadillo; Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 pm Re: IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor Opinions

I still haven't been able to try them myself but I've also been reading and researching a lot. Overall must everything I've read about them had been overwhelmingly positive with a lot of people surprised by the quality for the size and essentially using them as their main monitors

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)