PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

layzer wrote: request: when saving a preset with a custom wav file, save the wav automatically to the data folder from the location it was originally taken, and prompt to over write any wav in the data folder with
the same name, otherwise add it to the data folder without prompting to do so. its kind of a hassle to save 2 files whenever you want to save a preset. ie; getting a second pop up box asking to save the wav file.
When saving the preset the plug-in requires specifying of a way for the file of a sample.
You can open the saved file of the .pgp preset in any text editor and look at a way, like it:

Code: Select all

[Common]
PresetName=Time Tonel
SampleName=C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\PolyGAS\data\Tardis_F.wav
Default path for saving of preset - 'presets' folder and default path for saving samples is 'data' folder. Samples remain in a WAV format (stereo, 32 bits float, sampling rate initial).

Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version 2.3

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 2107378a012ffb133a121e367d0b666ece8c205e

This time two important improvings are made:
  1. A possibility of lock of microtuning when changing the preset. Rather useful option for those who use microtuning.
  2. The warning message about not saved bank. As many users not absolutely understand that circumstance that it is necessary to save not only a current project in DAW, but also also to save the current bank as when loading the user samples, they remain in the file of bank and a failure from its saving will lead to loss of data.
It would be possible to refuse warning messages, instead to save bank on demand from DAW on save chanks event. But experienced users will perhaps read it is no good. :wink:

vasyan wrote:Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version 2.3

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 2107378a012ffb133a121e367d0b666ece8c205e

This time two important improvings are made:
  1. A possibility of lock of microtuning when changing the preset. Rather useful option for those who use microtuning.
  2. The warning message about not saved bank. As many users not absolutely understand that circumstance that it is necessary to save not only a current project in DAW, but also also to save the current bank as when loading the user samples, they remain in the file of bank and a failure from its saving will lead to loss of data.
It would be possible to refuse warning messages, instead to save bank on demand from DAW on save chanks event. But experienced users will perhaps read it is no good. :wink:
Thanks, very useful update!
It's easy if you know how

jbraner wrote:Well, "hibrid" and "POLY GRAS" just download files that din't have any extension. I tried adding .gas, but still can't open them in the bank editor.
If you haven't found solution, here it is:
after downloading add this extension : .rar (maybe .zip will work too). Just extract after.
Seems that "hibrid" downloaded is archive without extension not bank with missing extension

Getting this warning when exiting FL Studio12.4 windows 10. Never had this with the previous version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

bojanboyss wrote:
jbraner wrote:Well, "hibrid" and "POLY GRAS" just download files that din't have any extension. I tried adding .gas, but still can't open them in the bank editor.
If you haven't found solution, here it is:
after downloading add this extension : .rar (maybe .zip will work too). Just extract after.
Seems that "hibrid" downloaded is archive without extension not bank with missing extension
Cool! Thanks!
There's a new download anyway that is fixed
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Not yet on my end.

Btw it could be super useful if polygas would save to daw project like most others (Akai MPC software behaves like PolyGas too last time I checked). If its possible. Anyhow even that warning is nice to remind us, better than bad surprise the day after after re-opening project.
So save preset, than save new bank for each project/instance as far as I understood?

bojanboyss wrote:Image
Not yet on my end.
Very strange. Do you what browser use?
In Google Chrome and Opera everything is good - the file is downloaded with the same name and extension:

bojanboyss wrote: Btw it could be super useful if polygas would save to daw project like most others (Akai MPC software behaves like PolyGas too last time I checked). If its possible. Anyhow even that warning is nice to remind us, better than bad surprise the day after after re-opening project.
So save preset, than save new bank for each project/instance as far as I understood?
If in current preset any are entered change, whether it be rotation of a knob, movement of a node of an envelope or changeover of the file of a sample, warning of the made changes will be given.
As I also wrote above that in principle it is possible to make automatic saving the current bank, at the moment when DAW will make a request to a plug-in to save chunks in the file of the project, but it is not good.
If you use banks without changing files of samples, then there is no sense to create own banks for each project. But if in any projects you use unique samples then better to create separate banks for each projects.
In the first version of a plug-in external files of samples were used, at the same time it was extremely inconvenient to transfer such bank and samples to other computer and also when changing the preset the sample booted in bank on what certain time left. Starting with version 2.0 samples are in the file of bank that excludes problems about which it is written above.

Using Mozilla Firefox. I guess its on their end then.

Did quick test last night. Project with 3 instances of Polygas. First: loaded preset from default bank. Second: loaded preset from another bank. Third: loaded custom sample and tweaked knobs.
Saved project, closed, warning pop out, chosen not to save banks. Result: not good.
Saved project, closed, warning pop out, chosen to save banks. Result: first 2 were good to go, third seems that saved state of knobs but upon reopening displayed a warning that sample is missing. It displays what sample so it can be searched (useful!)
Third test: this time saved preset in 3rd instance before saving and exiting project, when warning come out I chosen to save banks. Upon reopening everything was good.
So I guessed: save presets, save banks.
Its not end of the world, a little unusual but thanks to latest update and those warning pop ups a lot less confusing

bojanboyss wrote:Using Mozilla Firefox. I guess its on their end then.
Probably Mozilla Firefox not truly interprets file names the containing break spaces. Shielding of names of files resolved this problem. :wink:

bojanboyss wrote: Did quick test last night. Project with 3 instances of Polygas. First: loaded preset from default bank. Second: loaded preset from another bank. Third: loaded custom sample and tweaked knobs.
Saved project, closed, warning pop out, chosen not to save banks. Result: not good.
Saved project, closed, warning pop out, chosen to save banks. Result: first 2 were good to go, third seems that saved state of knobs but upon reopening displayed a warning that sample is missing. It displays what sample so it can be searched (useful!)
Third test: this time saved preset in 3rd instance before saving and exiting project, when warning come out I chosen to save banks. Upon reopening everything was good.
So I guessed: save presets, save banks.
Its not end of the world, a little unusual but thanks to latest update and those warning pop ups a lot less confusing
In that case as well as I wrote it is necessary to apply above a silent method of saving when at the time of saving the project in DAW there is a plug-in request for return of chunk.
If you want to protect your banks from change - deliver a read-only attribute. In that case by operation with such banks the plug-in will not be able to write the changed bank any more, and when saving the project in DAW the plug-in will ask to enter you other file name in a dialog box.

Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version 2.4

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB).
SHA-1: 9d17f53ff50659413b81e15a78752dfc56d5a44f

It would be desirable to put the end to a problem of loss of data as a result of forgotten of saving the file of working bank. In version 2.4 in case of the switched on option "Auto Store Preset and Bank" (default value - on) in case of any changes of the current bank saving the current bank at the moment is executed when DAW saves a worked project. For protection of banks against changes if that is required, set in a file of bank read only attribute. If you work with such bank, then when saving it will be offered to enter new file name.
Last edited by vasyan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know from which version, but PolyGAS now works in Reason! :tu:
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:I don't know from which version, but PolyGAS now works in Reason! :tu:
It is possible to ask you a screenshot (PolyGAS in Reason)? The version of Propellerhead Reason used by me old also does not support VST :(

Just sent you a PM :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”