Saving a phrase with a chord progression.

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
Can I save a phrase along with a chord progression?

Another question is:
Can I change chord progression but without changing chords length? (To keep timing structure but swap chord progression)

I hope the questions are clear. Sorry if they were asked and answered before.
Thanks in advance for the answer.

Hi goodman!

no, it is not possible to save a phrase with a chord progression. How would you use that?
You can use any phrase to preview a chord progression.

You can keep the harmonic rhythm when generating chord progression for the master track.
When you drop a chord progression this does not work (yet). I expect this will be implemented in the next beta version.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Can you make sure that when I drag the midi file consisting of chords to the master track, then the length of these new chords in the master track becomes the same as the length of those chords that were already in the master track?
Hello Attila!
Yes, you reminded me of what it's called ...
"Keep harmonic rhythm" ( For drag in master track)
Thank you.

Thanks for a response, much appreciated.
I am looking forward to a new beta then :D
Hope it will be implemented.
musicdevelopments wrote:
no, it is not possible to save a phrase with a chord progression. How would you use that?

For example to keep a harmonic rhythm of the phrase. Some phrases, few bars long, have a complicated harmonic rhythm for them to work as intended.
And it wouldn't hurt to preview them in an "original" state when I like to reuse them in months even years down the line.
There might be an option when using a phrase like: preserve harmonic rhythm, preserve chord progression.

Can we have an option that when saving a new chord progression You can preserve it's harmonic rhythm as well?

Can we have an option that when saving a new chord progression You can preserve it's harmonic rhythm as well?
Yes, this is already implemented in the latest beta version (v3.4b1). You can assign lengths to chords.
And drag-and-drop was improved too, a progression can be dropped to any position on the master track.
You can download the beta version by replacing ".php" with "beta.php" in the download URL, or I can send them to you in PM.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila!
It seems it got done right on time :)
Much appreciated.

Any chance to eventually have a possibility to save chord progression and the harmonic rhythm with a phrase?
Just asking.

I was thinking about it a lot.
It sounds like a mini-song with chords on the master track and phrases in a track.
Maybe a MIDI file&composition browser would be useful where you could drag the composition to the master track to use only the chords from it (just like you can do with dropping MIDI files on the master track), or dropping the composition on a track will insert its contents in a new track, with or without replacing the master track chords.
You can download the beta version by replacing ".php" with "beta.php" in the download URL, or I can send them to you in PM.
Correction: replace "v3.php" with "betav3.php".

Hi, sorry for a late reply.

I don't fully understand Your idea, but I believe that's the best way to do it...? :)
What I want is just to save a phrase with a chord progression and harmonic rhythm, then recall it in any given project like with normal phrase. Your idea seems more flexible, but then I don't know if I understand it correctly :)

Thank You for taking Your time to think about it. Much appreciated.
It would be great if You implement something like that.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”