macOS 10.13 (beta)

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far, so good, SonicBirth 1.3.1 beta 2 (the last version of the original SB) is still working with the next version of macOS. Tested with 10.13 17A358a.

I'm really worried that my plugins are going to be unavailable in any new OSX version, so thanks for this report.

Have you verified this with the final release of "High Sierra"?

Yes, I use my SB-made plug-ins almost everyday and the SB app is also still working.

From what I've read, the 32-bit sunset will be macOS 10.15 in about two years: in a year or so, 10.14 should still allow 32 bit app, but with some form of warning window.
Last edited by Kewl on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again. I'm using the Sound Radix "32-Lives" plugin to allow my SB plugins work, I wonder if there might be a similar "backwards compatibility" app in the future when Apple kills whatever they kill next that destroys our workflow...

I wrote to Antoine a year and a half ago about making the original SB 64-bit compatible. He replied that it could be possible, but the cost would be superior to $500 for a partial re-coding by himself or a hired programmer. He's not sure it would be worth it.

I would gladly put $100 on the table towards making the original SB 64-bit compatible.
Last edited by Kewl on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would certainly pitch in $ to make this happen to, Maybe not 400$, but a good chunk if needed. I still use the old version, done maybe 300 plug ins now and all working with 32 bit lives. There is still no better plug in creator.

Let's go by chunks of $100 and see if we can get it up to a thousand or so. Eight more donors to go!

If we can get a firm reply from the programmer that efforts will really be made, then count me in as well.

If the activity hadn't dropped to zero in here, maybe more would know about his... Little late, maybe. :(

So, you would be in for $100? I sent an email to Antoine. If he says yes, I could directly poke some users.

Cheers!

Yes!

Good news! We have a new beta version, 1.3.5. Antoine will accept donation via Interac EMT. PM me for details.

Upon installing the new version, re-export your plug-ins and rescan them in the host application. For the moment, there's a loss in CPU efficiency (new version consumes about 50% more CPU), but it will be looked at.

Cheers!

I tried to send PM, but I get "The requested users to be added do not exist" when trying to submit the message. I have never used PM on this forum and have no idea what might be wrong.

Roger, I sent you a PM. Have you tried clicking the PM button on the right of my posts?

Yes that is what I did and it says:
Compose message
To: Kewl
clicking submit I get "The requested users to be added do not exist.".

I received your PM, but the same thing happens when I try to reply. Very weird.

This is the reply.
Yes. Thanks. I have a lot of work at the moment so I might not have a chance to play with it for weeks. But I will support it financially still and is standing by info on transferring through Interac (whatever that is :) ).

-If you like you can PM me an email address and we can talk that way instead.

Return to “SonicBirth”