Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's what is coming:

Always wanted one. Perfect opportunity to check it out. Will be the most expensive guitar I've owned, not sure if it will be as amazing as people say they are.

tight... is that a mahogany body? i like mahogany... 'basswood' seems to be rather random. i've got some 'basswood' guitars which are very light weight, but the rest of them are very heavy. generally, mahogany seems like the sweet spot for 'tone wood'... lol...not too dense, not too light... but then it seems there is 'mahogany' and there is 'MAHOGANY'... and then probably all kinds of subdivisions within those 2 broad categories... anyway, that guitar looks great...

Xiangqi wrote:tight... is that a mahogany body? i like mahogany... 'basswood' seems to be rather random. i've got some 'basswood' guitars which are very light weight, but the rest of them are very heavy. generally, mahogany seems like the sweet spot for 'tone wood'... lol...not too dense, not too light... but then it seems there is 'mahogany' and there is 'MAHOGANY'... and then probably all kinds of subdivisions within those 2 broad categories... anyway, that guitar looks great...
Light ash and maple composite.

A pure mahogany body isn't super desirable for many. Oh my carvin I got a maple top. Otherwise I might be too dark for some people.

Xiangqi wrote:it seems there is 'mahogany' and there is 'MAHOGANY'... and then probably all kinds of subdivisions within those 2 broad categories...
Honduran and African are the two main subdivisions. Also, the wood can sound different depending on what part of the tree it came from. The super boutique, custom builders evaluate every piece of wood by their own merits.

that's what people are saying... you can take two guitars with 'identical wood' in their bodies, but they won't necessarily sound the same.

have you guys seen the Johan Segeborn channel on youtube? he does a lot of experiments with guitars/amps.

We built a David Gilmour strat using a plywood Squire body and its stock trem, which is the lightest, most worthless bridge ever. Somehow, despite these shortcomings, it has a bright, lively, loud acoustic tone and sounds great with its Dimarzio FS-1 pickup (the pickup Gilmour used on the early Pink Floyd albums). It makes no sense!

It makes PERFECT sense. Not all big-name guitars/basses are great, not all budget guitars are shit. I've spent a fortune figuring this out.

Welp, tomorrow is the big day. Most expensive guitar ever for me :scared:

Could be a turd or the best thing ever. Nervous.

Btw, y u people no buy my stuff in the marketplace? How am I supposed to pay for this thing?????? :hihi:

This would go nice with the new Caparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vAiZKx6tWE

incubus wrote:Here's what is coming:

Always wanted one. Perfect opportunity to check it out. Will be the most expensive guitar I've owned, not sure if it will be as amazing as people say they are.
Well I own a Caparision and I have if for sale. Didn't like the neck. A little too thick for my taste. It's a good guitar no doubt about that. But I my ESP Horizon is a better guitar if you ask me.

Uncle E wrote:
Xiangqi wrote:it seems there is 'mahogany' and there is 'MAHOGANY'... and then probably all kinds of subdivisions within those 2 broad categories...
Also, the wood can sound different depending on what part of the tree it came from.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Xiangqi wrote:that's what people are saying... you can take two guitars with 'identical wood' in their bodies, but they won't necessarily sound the same.
Because no identical pickups sounds the same. Has nothing to do with wood.

Daimonicon wrote:
incubus wrote:Here's what is coming:

Well I own a Caparision and I have if for sale. Didn't like the neck. A little too thick for my taste. It's a good guitar no doubt about that. But I my ESP Horizon is a better guitar if you ask me.
I didn't :hihi:

Have absolutely no clue if I'll like it or not. As for necks, I like Fender just fine. As for looks, it's a 10 to me. I have no hesitation about sending it back if it doesn't rub my nipples correctly though :lol:

What I'm looking for is something hardtail in a 25 1/5* with a simple 3 way switch. Something I can drop tune in a pinch but is a general workhorse, and a hipshot TP. I thought about another Schecter but I think they are too expensive for a non Germ/Pol/USA/Japan guitar and 7 string doesn't really sound "fantastic" even though it's Nazgul/Sentient.

I'm sick of what TM calls "truck stop sushi" , I want something built like my Ibanez 1520a or better.

I think I might get a Reverend. I like the Wilkinson vibratos as they go, I tend to have guitars without vibrato bars at all, so this would be for some variety.

I'ts been a really long time since I played in this thread. So, since last post a few years ago:
1. Modded my Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue with a tail pup on switch for a total of 13 pup combos
2. Recently purchased a nearly-new Chinese made Squier Strat to become my first parts-caster. It's a full body size Squier. Plans are to make it into a Super Strat with humbuckers in all 3 positions, with switches for HB on, tapped on, off for all three pups.
3. Got an Ibanez SR655 Brown Burst Flat with Cory Nordstrand Design pups.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”