Happy with your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it's almost the end of the year. Everybody happy with their DAW?

Yes!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Me, too.

I'm very happy with Bitwig but that is not to say its better than any other. I just really get along with it.

My whole life is wrapped around my glorious DAW.....

NOT!!!

I guess this thread is more about chit chat then substance so I will give it a shot:

I haven't bought any DAW's in the last three years. I decided to use what I got first than dream of what I could do with something new having whatever bell's and whistle's that I could not live without, after all, I seem to be able to do what need with my burgeoning library of obsolete software.

I am learning alot of stuff that I have will work if I take the time to find how much is in em already. Yeah, RTFM thats what I should have done in the first place. :dog:

It’s fine, but could always been better :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Ableton Live 9
Half Happy: Session View
Half Unhappy: Arrangement View

Live 10 appears to be imminent, but I hold no hope for the Arrangement View receiving any real love.

Want desperately to love Waveform but.....

Extremely happy with my DAW(s):
AKAI MPC-X/Software 2.0
Studio One 3.5
Reason 9.5
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote:Extremely happy with my DAW(s):
AKAI MPC-X/Software 2.0
Studio One 3.5
Reason 9.5
How is the mpc software compared studio one and reason for arranging?

Googly Smythe wrote:Me, too.
I bought my 1st DAW (Cubase) (and they weren't called DAWs then) in 1992. I've never had any reason to change it. Just kept updating it.
Did have to buy a new version in 2010, though, after a 10 year hiatus. My previous version (Score 2 :o ) was just too old. The dongle still used the printer port!

I didn’t work with any DAW for many years. When did decided to get one I looked around and finally decided for FL Studio. I figured I got most for the money in terms of plugins included. Since then I got Bitewig and ALive. My plan is to get Studio One. I just do this for my hobby but a serious producer and friend said many nice things about Studio One.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:It’s fine, but could always been better :D
A very good answer.

For me, as long as it's stable, it's doable. Can't say that for every host.

i have live 9 suite and cubase 8.5 pro and satisfied they are a good combo for me

Yes and no.

Cubase 7.5 here. When it doesn't crash or when I don't encounter an odd bug or two, I LOVE it.

I understand the crashes need not be about the daw but rather the plug ins. Infact started happening after updating to Komplete ultimate, but that's the thing. It's a toss as to whats causing the problem and that's the frustration. That's what we always have to deal with and with no help from anyone we're supposed to figure out how to solve it. That's half the battle and 95% source of my frustration with computer music. I digress.

Yes.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”