Your favorite eq with fix frequencies ... ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sqigls wrote:TE-100
+1

and can often be had for peanuts in the KVR market place
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ichad.c wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote: Very stupid question about EQ Ranger Plus here, I have already RTFM...obviously it's doing something to the sound as presets are changed, and it's altering frequency/bandwidth, but each preset has all the bands centered. Is there any way to view the settings of what it's actually doing to the sound as on literally every other EQ I've ever tried?
Dumb question, are you changing modules or presets? If you change modules it would be centered. Does it work like on the promo video?

The "-" and "+" buttons are for modules, not presets, it got me the first time I used it too. Check video @2:01

https://youtu.be/T1L_s2b3cc4?t=121
There's over 180 new modules if I recall correctly and they are tied to the presets. Most of the time when you pull up a preset you are pulling up different module.

This is more obvious when you see the frequencies plots on the bands actually change as you switch through presets. It's not just the centre frequencies that change though, the Q value and even filter shape also changes, depending on the task it was designed to do.

simon.a.billington wrote:
There's over 180 new modules
And unfortunately not a single one that mimicks the API 560's wonderfully placed fixed frequencies :neutral:

Thanks y'all will try some of the mentioned one
rabbit in a hole

MogwaiBoy wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:
There's over 180 new modules
And unfortunately not a single one that mimicks the API 560's wonderfully placed fixed frequencies :neutral:
No... although I don’t think that I was an oversight. SPL were definitely shooting for their own thing.

Which can be just as valid, just not the same.

I really like my Waves API 560.
I also have, and like, the IK Multimedia EQ PG - also an API 560 modeled EQ.

The Waves is much gentler and can be subtle.
The IK is more aggressive and obvious. The Preamp feature on the IK PG is a nice touch.

I use one of the other depending on what I'm looking to do.

ImageImage
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

skiltrip wrote:The IK is more aggressive and obvious.
That's probably just because of the dinosaur logo :hihi:

Anyway, I'm quite partial to the Ignite PTEq-X, and still reach for the Nomad British NEQ-1972 now and then, when I want a cleanish sound but with "analog" workflow.

funky lime wrote:
:hihi: :clap: :lol:
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

tried pretty much everything out there (except UAD).

For me:

PSP E27
Slate Custom EQ

then maybe Softube EQF-100

With the above 3 esp the first 2 you are good to go on emulating almost any other fixed freq eq and imo with better tone. The PSP and Slate sound even better than Acustica to me and way above popular but not so good stuff that always gets mentions (like Maag EQ4 which is nothing special, most waves eqs aren't great they just look nice, analog obsession's eqs aren't amazing, good but not amazing and can be more than covered by the PSP and Slate).

funky lime wrote:
Haha!! Logo’s now gone apparently. They ditched it for T-RackS 5

Return to “Effects”