Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
exmatproton
KVRAF

1876 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 pm Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

New features:

- The engine is now able to do FM synthesis (PM) between oscillators. Select 'FM<-Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1
- The synth does now offer classic sample playback. Set the OSC synthesis/morph mode to 'Sample' or 'Sample Loop'. The usual wavetable controls do have no effect in this mode.
- Classic samples can now also easily be imported with IMPORT SAMPLE->'Load a wav sample...'. The sample can be automatically tuned on import.
- The engine is now able to do amplitude modulation between oscillators. Select 'AM<-Osc1' as morph mode to modulate Osc2 with Osc1
- The engine is now able to do Waveshaping between oscillators. Select 'Shape<-Osc1' as synthesis/morph mode to shape Osc1 with the wavform of Osc2
- New effect: 'Delay Wide' is a broad sounding delay with Hi Damp and Low Damp filters
- New effect: 'Stereo Width' allows to spread the panorama from mono to surround
- New exclusive effect: 'Laser Punch' adds additional punch. Use it with a sawtooth to gereate a zzapping 'Rubber Bass' sound
- Icarus_wavetables now contains subdirectories for categories which contain the wavetables
- Submenus provide a more logic structure and better overview
- Tooltips with info are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or control
- Additional buttons: Previous and next Lfo waveform
- Pitchwheel and Modwheel in the patchbrowser is now animated
- Wavetable position in the wavetable editor is animated if you click on the left keyboard
- The patch browser list shows a checkmark for the currently loaded patch
- In the waveform display the mousewheel can be used to pick a wave
- Mousewheel support for the filter frequency display
- Mousewheel support for the patch selector
- A double click to a knob resets it to the default value
- Added an undo button which restores the recent parameter changes
- 43 additional wavetables with over 1000 new waveforms

Enhancements:

- Enhanced sound of Reverb Medium, Reverb Big, Reverb Plate, Reverb Glass, Reverb Infinite, Reverb Trance: Less detuned sound, smoother tail and more punchy early reflections
- Enhanced GUI skin
- Larger text for the menus on PC

Fixes:

- The 32bit Mac version did not show a line when drag & drop modulation was used
- Fixed a possible crash, when the down arrow is pressed within the patch browser
- The text label for 'HP Analog 12/24 dB' was swapped
- Fixed a crash that could happen if the synth was flooded with midi program change messages
- Fixed a possible crash on opening the GUI
- Knobs did jump if cirular mode was forced by the host

Changes:

- Category is now placed above patch selector
- More aggressive focus for the mousewheel
- 'One Shot' has been renamed to 'One Shot Wave'
- Initializing a new patch sets the LFOs to 'classic trigger mode'
- Reso knob is grey, lfo shape knob is blue
- Resynthesis menu is now called 'import sample'

Download link:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html
fisherKing
KVRian

1466 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

nice to see this! am downloading it now...
always one plugin short of perfection...
exmatproton
KVRAF

1876 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:43 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

i love this update. The FM, AM and WS (osc -> osc) additions, the new folder structures, small ui enhancements and the bigger text, the double click to default are powerful upgrades.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9123 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

exmatproton wrote:i love this update. The FM, AM and WS (osc -> osc) additions, the new folder structures, small ui enhancements and the bigger text, the double click to default are powerful upgrades.

But they really have to do something about their servers. This is the slowest download of a relatively small file I have ever seen since getting 100 mbps. Half hour to download a little over 200 meg is ridiculous.
fisherKing
KVRian

Postby fisherKing; Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

took 10 seconds here. some nice additions (haven't explored much yet. and the the GUI enhancements are great.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9123 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:17 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

fisherKing wrote:took 10 seconds here. some nice additions (haven't explored much yet. and the the GUI enhancements are great.

Must have caught it at a bad time or got a bad connection. 27 minutes here. Ridiculous.
zvenx
KVRAF

5730 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:49 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

Downloaded at a flash here, both mac and pc too.

This is by far my favourite tone2 plugin.....something about its sound appeals to me (last time that really happened was gladiator, quite a few years ago), nice to see markus adding new features, for no additional cost.
rsp
fisherKing
KVRian

Postby fisherKing; Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

zvenx wrote:Downloaded at a flash here, both mac and pc too.

This is by far my favourite tone2 plugin.....something about its sound appeals to me (last time that really happened was gladiator, quite a few years ago), nice to see markus adding new features, for no additional cost.
rsp

i've owned them all at some point (well, most; ie electra2, nemesis, etc) and this one's my fave as well.
_pix_
KVRist

69 posts since 15 Aug, 2004

Postby _pix_; Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:35 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

awesome update! :tu:
pdxindy
KVRAF

12315 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:34 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

solid set of new features and improvements! :tu:
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5490 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:57 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

Seems they’ve pretty much put all the functionality of ElectraX in here. I don’t really understand why these were separate products. Well I $uppose I do, but seems like it should have been the evolution of ElectraX.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Caine123
KVRAF

4618 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

Drag and drop samples wouldbe cool.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
pdxindy
KVRAF

12315 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

Only had a couple hours to play with the new update, but am impressed with the sounds I am getting. Some really beautiful FM stuff...
Caine123
KVRAF

4618 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Update (beta)

Is there also a random function?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments