VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

vasyan wrote:Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version 2.4

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB).
SHA-1: 1657af580860ad80eb0b0c52b6da242c253fc440

It would be desirable to put the end to a problem of loss of data as a result of forgotten of saving the file of working bank. In version 2.4 in case of the switched on option "Auto Store Preset and Bank" (default value - on) in case of any changes of the current bank saving the current bank at the moment is executed when DAW saves a worked project. For protection of banks against changes if that is required, set in a file of bank read only attribute. If you work with such bank, then when saving it will be offered to enter new file name.
thanks , Vaz.... will test x32 version! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Much much better, thanks!

using the bank editor i get an "can not open bank, being used by another process" error when trying to
export a preset or a wav. any idea why? tia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

layzer wrote:using the bank editor i get an "can not open bank, being used by another process" error when trying to
Use version 1.5 of PolyGASBankEditor.exe

vasyan wrote:
layzer wrote:using the bank editor i get an "can not open bank, being used by another process" error when trying to
Use version 1.5 of PolyGASBankEditor.exe
ahhhh ok, thank you Vaz! :hug:

It would be desirable to answer frequently asked questions, like the following:
  • PolyGAS does not work in my DAW;
  • By operation of PolyGAS in my DAW often there are errors;
  • PolyGAS causes crash of my DAW.
If PolyGAS does not work or works with errors in your DAW, the problem can be in:
  • defect of OS;
  • to the shortage of the OS components;
  • corrupting of bindings of system components (dll) and/or drivers;
  • incorrect component placement of a plug-in in case of installation;
  • to the shortage of files for this plug-in;
  • non-compliance with the DAW rules of the VST-protocol;
  • defect of the plug-in.
It is possible to work in anything, but for understanding of the reasons of a nonserviceability of a plug-in it is necessary to have at least one additional DAW.

Hi vasyan,
If PolyGAS does not work or works with errors in your DAW, the problem can be in:

defect of OS;
to the shortage of the OS components;
corrupting of bindings of system components (dll) and/or drivers;
incorrect component placement of a plug-in in case of installation;
to the shortage of files for this plug-in;
non-compliance with the DAW rules of the VST-protocol;
defect of the plug-in.
Not sure what you need for this exactly ?

I have tried all new versions of polygas (2.4 at last) with all waveform 64 bit versions (my actually used is 8.2.1) under windows 7, 64 bit.

And parallel tried with Mulab UL 6.

Each version of polygas crashes each existing version of waveform (last try yesterday) instantly while try to load the plugin (you drag a rack to a track in in waveform, then choose the vst, and while it tries to load it instantly crashes the daw with windows error like "program does not react anymore", that was it).

Now that was same behaviour with Mulab UL 6 (64 bit too), but then, I am not sure if with version 2.2 or 2.3 it worked in Mulab. Have not tried any further cause sadly all my main projects are in waveform :( .

If I could be of any help in this case I would be glad to help but sometime ago you had the problem of not having any windows 7 64 bit version for to test, so I dont know how ?

tatanka wrote: Now that was same behaviour with Mulab UL 6 (64 bit too), but then, I am not sure if with version 2.2 or 2.3 it worked in Mulab. Have not tried any further cause sadly all my main projects are in waveform :( .
Hello tatanka!
Now I tested operation of PolyGAS v2.4 in Mulab 7.4.11. The plug-in works excellently. See screenshort:

I just stated above the reasons for which the plug-in incorrectly works in your DAW.
Unfortunately I am not a psychic to guess the reason for which the plug-in does not work for you. :(

Here both I completed and I published an album Astral radio where PolyGAS and also Marazmator and Brandulator which are also developed by me is used. :tu:

vasyan wrote:Here both I completed and I published an album Astral radio where PolyGAS and also Marazmator and Brandulator which are also developed by me is used. :tu:
Awesome stuff! <3
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Is it possible to retain the same microtuning when changing presets?

Found it :dog:
It's easy if you know how

Thanks, Stone Voices for this incredibly great sounding instrument. I have just gone through some presets and it it whets my appetite to further explore the sweet mangling capabilitiess of this most potent granular synth. Great job!
Have A Great Day!!!

Hi Vasyan,

I've been testing v2.4 extensively since you released it. Unfortunately, both my DAWs (Cubase Pro 9 and Reaper, 64-bit versions) are crashing every time I use PolyGAS. Most crashes happen when I am editing envelopes. In Reaper, choosing the distortion type 'Hump' in any of the default presets kills the audio output every time. Audio output can only be restored by re-loading the plugin. I've reported this error before.

I think PolyGAS has great potential, but clearly some debugging is necessary to make it stable and usable. I look forward to a stable version.

Cheers, Rob

i find editing the envelopes a bit of a pain.... dragging the points require pin point clicking inside a tiny
area, very fustrating. is there any way to enlarge the point's grab area?

layzer wrote:i find editing the envelopes a bit of a pain.... dragging the points require pin point clicking inside a tiny
area, very fustrating. is there any way to enlarge the point's grab area?
That would be a nice thing. It reminds me of the envelopes in Crystal, which is a Pia to edit aswell.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”