Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

SynthMaster v2.9 Beta

fmr
KVRAF

6333 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:02 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Great :)
Fernando (FMR)
braj
KVRAF

7922 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

It's been quite a while since I've used this synth, I forgot how flexible the arp was, and though I am still not crazy about the GUI, the bigger versions help a huge amount. I'll have to make sure I use this a lot more than I have so far.
atya
KVRist

154 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

braj wrote:Yay!

Have fun! :party:
kv331
KVRAF

5139 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

braj wrote:My suspicion is it is a skins/resizing issue.

Where did you install the data files
Works for SynthMaster
Voted "Best VST/AU Synth" by MusicRadar readers
fmr
KVRAF

6333 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:43 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

kv331 wrote:
braj wrote:My suspicion is it is a skins/resizing issue.

Where did you install the data files

Don't bother. It's solved now. It was an old version lying around that was causing the troubles
Fernando (FMR)
EnochLight
KVRian

671 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

:party:
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

576 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?
EnochLight
KVRian

671 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Hanz Meyzer wrote:So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?

I wouldn't think so - they're two different products aimed at different users (although there's clearly some crossover).
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
zzz00m
KVRist

470 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Hanz Meyzer wrote:So will Synthmaster 2.9 have the same features as Synthmaster One (+ more)?

I believe that will be called SynthMaster 3. :party:
Instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

EnochLight wrote:

I wouldn't think so - they're two different products aimed at different users (although there's clearly some crossover).

Yep, you are correct. SM1 is a single screen single layer wavetable synth. SM2/3 is a lot much more than that. SM3 will also read SM1 presets when it is released next year.
Works for SynthMaster
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Guys,

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)

What's new?

1. NEW: Added wavetable synthesis support
2. NEW: Added drag-n-drop wavetable import support
3. NEW: Increased number of osc voices to 16

Try dragging and dropping wavetable/waveform files (WAV files) onto the wavetable display. It supports dragging folders as well.

Also, when you right click on the wavetable display you can change the display from 2D to 3D (3D waveform is by default)

BTW, if anybody is visiting ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), dont forget to check out our booth at the SoundLab. Cheers!
Works for SynthMaster
_TIP_
KVRist

62 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from New York

Postby _TIP_; Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

kv331 wrote:Guys,

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)

Hi Bülent, thank you so much for that amazing update!!! I really love the new wavetable synthesis Engine, I had some great time loading my Serum and Falcon Wavetables with great stability :clap:
The main problem in v2.9 alpha2 is that every time i load the following presets from the factory library my DAW(s) is crashing (I'm on Win10 Home 64bit, Reaper v5.60rc2, Bitwig v1.3.16 & Renoise v3.1) the list goes on and on with the presets, i just didn't have much more time to go through all of them... What I've noticed is that all those presets using Additive synthesis engine, so maybe you can take a closer look at that... At the moment I've removed all factory and personal presets and I avoid to use Additive Engine, so i can work with no crashes in the new version :?

Here is the list of those crashing presets i was talking (tested in 2 different Win10 64bit Machines with same results)
AR Up The Octaves
ARP DanceSeq UK
BA Bass Stabs 3
BA Contemporary Puncher BT
BA Morphoser UK
BA Thick Electroknocker BT
BR Memory Brass TP
BS DriveIt RL
BS Hummer Bass
BS LoFi on the Mod RL
BS Special Electro RL
CH AddedChord RL
CH Chicago Tribute 01 BT
CH Chicago Tribute 02 BT
CH Future Techno RL
CH Space Drone RL
CH StabThis RL
CHD Brachial MLM
CHD Famous MLM
DR 80s Kit SFZ MK
DR Amen Break
mabian
KVRAF

1729 posts since 9 Jan, 2005

Postby mabian; Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 pm Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

kv331 wrote:Guys,

What's new?

Try dragging and dropping wavetable/waveform files (WAV files) onto the wavetable display. It supports dragging folders as well.

Also, when you right click on the wavetable display you can change the display from 2D to 3D (3D waveform is by default)

BTW, if anybody is visiting ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), dont forget to check out our booth at the SoundLab. Cheers!

Hello, thanks for the update. Is there any list for the bug fixes expected in 2.9?

Thanks,
Mario
Chandlerhimself
KVRian

571 posts since 19 Dec, 2013, from Japan

Postby Chandlerhimself; Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:32 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Just tried the new version and I'm loving the wavetables. One question though. The 2nd osc doesn't seem to work in wavetable mode. Is this a bug or just how it works. I can understand it might be too CPU intensive, but I thought I'd check to make sure it isn't a bug.
kv331
KVRAF

Postby kv331; Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 am Re: SynthMaster v2.9 on the way...

Guys I fixed the additive osc crash will look into osc2 wavetable issue but it should work in theory :)

Osx alpha2 coming up tonite
Works for SynthMaster
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments