Acustica Audio Lemon: Dreamware Multi Tap Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: I will just plug my real Fulltone Tape Delay in and use it.
Lucky bastard!

Really love the details in the manual for this - skirting around any potential copyright issues but with enough information for you to find out what's been emulated/sampled. Despite owning a tonne of delay VSTs this is actually very tempting ...

I echo those sentiments...tim ments ... ments.
Ichad.c wrote:
plexuss wrote: I will just plug my real Fulltone Tape Delay in and use it.
Lucky bastard!

jens wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
soulone82 wrote:
Turello wrote:€109.65 for a delay???
No thanks, there's a lot of great freeware out there... ;-)
Elton John too wouldn´t even touch it.
[rant]
The Elton John reference is a running gag here at KVR - it's a inside joke that stems from a thread about another delay plugin - it didn't mean at all what you apparently assumed it meant.
- I know the e j joke. I know that it is used especially for delay plugins. I understand very well that a delay plugin priced more than 10 dollar is perceived as pricey, in a world where the basic vstsdk tutorial is based on a delay plugin example
- My comment is not a rant. It is an explanation about the real value of the product, what you have inside it.

went to get demo and told box page "does not exist"

Try now
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote: I understand very well that a delay plugin priced more than 10 dollar is perceived as pricey, in a world where the basic vstsdk tutorial is based on a delay plugin example
- My comment is not a rant. It is an explanation about the real value of the product, what you have inside it.
Again: the Elton John joke didn't mean that at all. (it doesn't really matter and wasn't well used / very funny here in this thread anyway, so I can't be arsed to explain it - I just felt the desire to tell you that it was NOT a stab at you / your product / your product's price )
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm loving that GUI.

Does the emulations have wow&flutter like the originals???

No. It's purely tonal/frequency response and harmonic content authentic.

It's.. weird but extremely good. Hard to explain. The marketing blurb really does say the truth. It just "blends" awesomely within the mix and you have a ton of flavors to select from to get this "blending" to sound different or take up a different position within the mix. As I said, very hard to explain.. and definitely not for everybody.

In the end it's a very simple delay plugin. Not much more than straight up delay and multi-tap delay. No crazy modulations or such things. You can get it to do some feedback but it can get out of hand in a strange way quite quickly.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

It's still just such a hassle to use or even demo Acustica plugins. I love developers like Fabfilter who have a single .dll you have to download, put anywhere you want, insert a serial into the plugin UI itself and everything just works. Acustica is the exact opposite in terms of copy protection, demoing, customer account systems, website usability, plugin footprint etc., so I'll try again in three years when maybe the devs have learned something.

I don't know how the demo works but at least on PC, the full retail is very simple to install and to get working. It's through a similar system to Native-Instruments plugins, where you have a single management software (called Aquarius) that downloads, installs and licenses the product.. once you've registered an account with Acustica Audio.

Hopefully they add the demo stuff there as well.. and it'll be available for OSX soon.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:It just "blends" awesomely within the mix and you have a ton of flavors to select from to get this "blending" to sound different or take up a different position within the mix. As I said, very hard to explain.
A problem I have with "old" delays is that they don't blend with clean sources - digital synths or sampled real world sounds. Even with e.g. The Legend, where you have this full spectrum, extremely detailed sound, and then the delay, some sort of blur with nothing above e.g. 3-4 kHz, lots of noise, all details lost - a distinctly different character. IK Echoplex - just to name but one.

So if you or somebody else could explain in more detail how this blending is done in the Lemon... maybe something like FabFilter Timeless, where it's a tape delay but, errr... not exactly.

Return to “Effects”