klip by Sample Magic (XX- - Discontinued - -XX)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still evaluating the demo, which seems the same...will that be updated to 1.0.4?

Yes! The demo link should now be v1.0.4
Let me know it works OK?

declansm wrote:Yes! The demo link should now be v1.0.4
Let me know it works OK?
It seems the same as before to me (no option to toggle one-shot). Might be an idea to add the version number to the about screen.

In regard to the GUI issue with EQ/COMP/SHAPER, what I've just noticed is that the displayed settings do update correctly if a pad is selected by mouse—but not when a pad is selected by midi. NB) This is with midi select enabled.

db3 wrote:It seems the same as before to me (no option to toggle one-shot). Might be an idea to add the version number to the about screen.

In regard to the GUI issue with EQ/COMP/SHAPER, what I've just noticed is that the displayed settings do update correctly if a pad is selected by mouse—but not when a pad is selected by midi. NB) This is with midi select enabled.
Hi db3

My name is Matt and I developed Klip with Sample Magic. Glad to hear you're interested in the instrument and I'm happy to help you get this sorted.

I've just double checked the latest demo build and I can confirm that this function does work as expected when triggering the pad via MIDI. The only thing that needs to be checked is that pad / mixer link icon is selected (chain link icon above the pads - second from the left).

After that's done playing a MIDI note should automatically select it's corresponding mixer channel. Hopefully that helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Matt,

I still see no change. Selecting a pad by mouse does result in the correct values for EQ/COMP/SHAPER to be displayed, but selecting a pad by midi does not. In contrast OUT/LPF/DISTORTION/SENDS display pad values correctly by midi.

Is there any chance your dropbox account has cached an old demo version—is there a way to tell which version of the demo is being run?
NB) Declan did mention enabling the one-shot option in the demo, and I note that is still disabled.

Yes, that could certainly be possible :wink:

Here is a direct link to the latest demo version. I've just tested and this one does work.

If it still gives you an issue let me know and we'll continue to look at it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ph5auicz5ej7 ... o.zip?dl=0

Same behaviour — correct values for EQ/COMP/SHAPER displayed when pads clicked by mouse, but not by midi.

SM, I will happily take a chunky promo code and validate the fix in the paid version :D

Hi db3, I just took a look at this again and may have found a potential issue. Give this new version a try and let me know how it works :wink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vw5sfiej45be ... o.zip?dl=0

Sounds Outside wrote:Hi db3, I just took a look at this again and may have found a potential issue. Give this new version a try and let me know how it works :wink:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vw5sfiej45be ... o.zip?dl=0
Yep that fixed it :tu:

Next questions:
Why does pad 9 not register anything on level meters when clicked by mouse?
Is there any way to optimise the GUI for retina display?

"Take 30% off everything site wide with our exclusive fall sale."

That makes Klip price £70 (down from £99). Think that might twist my arm.
https://www.samplemagic.com/details/1868/klip

Went for it! Sounds great, just what I was looking for :phones:

...but has same GUI issues as discovered in demo. Also there's an square artefact on pad 16 which appears over the right LED.

db3 wrote:Went for it! Sounds great, just what I was looking for :phones:
...but has same GUI issues as discovered in demo. Also there's an square artefact on pad 16 which appears over the right LED.
Confirming that an early build of the next update fixes this. For me I guess the only real dissapointment now is how DSP hungry Klip is, particularly when the GUI is open or using the internal sequencer....hopefully there's some further optimisation in the pipeline.

To be honest, I'm happy to trigger Klip from my DAW (at the discounted price), just to gain easy access to a nice set of SM samples. Obviously this somewhat defeats the purpose, but perhaps there's an opportunity to develop a lite version which is optimised purely for triggered playback. I'm sure there's plenty to be made from selling add-on packs should Klip get into many hands.

Are you planning to release more sample sets/sounds for it? Some one says it does not have enough presets- how do you not have enough presets with 4000 samples? how many presets are there?

is the 4000 samples something Kontakt allows? I have Big Fish Audio Sequence Hip Hop Drum Sampler, and they said- it has 4000 samples. Also I thought I heard in some video that they were using Sample Magic Samples as well- now I can not find that info. Do you know if the samples in Klip duplicate samples used in Sequence? I would not need duplicate- everything already sounds the same to me- could yopu, please, check on it? Thank you.

It could be great if you were releasing sample packs as ReFX Nexus and many others- this is how you make profits after you done selling the instrument, right? because House music only is very limited. I like to use your Pads view to assign dubstep or Complextro sounds and be able to fast trigger them via MIDI controller, but if you only offer House samples, then it would not help. Thank you.

Hey everyone

This is Matt Fudge the developer of Klip chiming in on some of the questions raised in this thread.

CPU Usage
One thing to keep in mind is that Klip is like a whole DAW inside a single plugin. It gives you 16 loops / one shots and and 8 channel mixer. Each with their own unique FX lanes and the ability to automate them all. So yes, that does take a bit of CPU :)

We are currently looking into every option we have for conserving CPU but also remember that Klip dynamically allocates DSP. This means the less effects you use the less CPU it will take.

Sample Count / Presets
Klip truly has over 4000 unique samples. These 4000 samples are available on all 16 pads with their own effects and automation sequencer. 4000 isn't a Kontakt limitation but we also wanted to be selective on what we included. We felt that was a good number between choice and focus.

Klips also ships with 169 custom designed presets from Sample Magic's world class team of sound designers. So lots of sound shaping options available in this plugin.

Future Expansions
Yes, this is absolutely a part of our strategy and we are in the planning phases of our first sets of expansions. Thanks for the recommendations regarding what you would like to see. We're watching this thread and happy to talk with anyone who would like to suggest what sounds you would like to hear next in Klip.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or suggestions :party:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”