Happy with your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After trying Reaper, Renoise and Ableton I'm getting more and more addicted to Logic X :)

Gymnopedies wrote:Ableton Live 9
Half Happy: Session View
Half Unhappy: Arrangement View
Live 10 appears to be imminent, but I hold no hope for the Arrangement View receiving any real love
Try Bitwig, it should solve your arrangement woes at least.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Studio One 3 here.

Nothing to complain about, really. The most important thing for me is the freeze function, it is implemented so clever that it makes working with Virus TI almost as efficient as with native plugins. For what I know, in some other hosts the freeze is somehow crippled (e.g. in Cubase you can't move, copy or cut the frozen parts).

Actually I was already 100% satisfied with Studio One 2.5., it was some weird bug which suddenly appeared from nowhere and forced me to upgrade because Presonus didn't want to deal with fixing the problem in the old version.

Anyway, the idea about getting FL Studio as a secondary DAW is coming to my mind every now and then.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

CTStump wrote:My whole life is wrapped around my glorious DAW.....

NOT!!!

I guess this thread is more about chit chat then substance so I will give it a shot:

I haven't bought any DAW's in the last three years. I decided to use what I got first than dream of what I could do with something new having whatever bell's and whistle's that I could not live without, after all, I seem to be able to do what need with my burgeoning library of obsolete software.

I am learning alot of stuff that I have will work if I take the time to find how much is in em already. Yeah, RTFM thats what I should have done in the first place. :dog:
I like what you say!

Couldn't be happier using Reason 9.5 and Cubase 9.5
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Yes. Reaper.

New modulation items are fun.

beatmangler443 wrote:Everybody happy with their DAW?
:hihi: I think you might have forgotten where you are. Wait for it... :lol:

I switched to Samp Feb 2007 and have not looked back, I'm actually one version behind but I'm so satisfied I'm really in the "if it aint broke" state of mind :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm tickled pink, after the comparative train wreck that is SONAR, the new toy has been a complete joy for the last 2 and a half years, should have jumped ship earlier. S13Pro
Say NO to CLAP!

I love Garage Band so much that I just voted for it in the best DAW in the world poll....

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/wha ... day-642331

Renoise
Happy , yes because it's the best tracker in the universe
No , because it's future is uncertain and development has stopped ( has it ? )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

very happy with my DAW... Live 9...

but wish i had more talent to go along with my DAW!!!

i.e. the perfect world!!! :phones:

I've used Ableton Live exclusively since v6 ... couldn't be happier. :tu:

Yep
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Shit, Ableton is the greatest DAW on the planet

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”