Fairlight Kontakt R3

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fairlight Kontakt R2 Lost In The Fairlight Maze Sublime Chimes Way Beyond Fairlight R2

Fairlight Kontakt R3 contains over 1,400 patches based on the Fairlight CMI but also adding lots of other important sounds from the same era. The price is $99 USD and it is made for Kontakt 5.3 and up (full version only).

The library consists of self contained NKI files and we also have even larger versions of the library - with up to 4,000 patches - for Propellerhead Reason. We also have a collection of smaller versions - for Kontakt 5.3 and up as well - named Lost In The Fairlight Maze. These are $10 packs with selected and stunning patches for the ones who wish to pick sound types freely and might not want all of it.

This work began in 2010 and has been going on steady ever since that; the Fairlight sounds are most fascinating to work with and they have a character of their own. Mixes perfectly with all modern and high end sounds. These sounds are built on our own samples so they are not just a pack of samples.

Many of the patches utilize layering and effects so there's a rich mixture of "lofi" and "high end" sounds. All combined means it's a very inspiring and usable library and for those wanting to tweak sounds even more, Kontakt gives you a lot of possibilities to do that.

A PDF file lists all the patches and links to some of the demo tracks.

PDF here

Product page

https://soundcloud.com/bitleytm/fairlig ... -demo-mash

More demo tracks on our Youtube and Soundcloud pages (slash bitleytm, posting the links in full results in lots of Sc players here so I didn't do that)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

---
Last edited by synthesite on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---
Last edited by synthesite on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As it seems that this library doesn´t get the attention it deserves, here´s a free endorsement by a happy user :phones:

While one might be eager to point out that such a library is not "80s-only", as it really contains a bunch of everything, I guess that also makes it quite hard to find the correct target demographic.

For me, at least, it´s a marvelous "old school synth pop"-library, as there´s a ton of authentic-sounding bits and pieces that are reminiscent of early Art of Noise, Pet Shop Boys and OMD. Not my first choice for modern, hi-fi-overcompressed-glossy electro sounds, but definitely the first folder I open when I´m looking for something more classic.

No glossy Kontakt Player interface, but all´s well sampled and immediately usable, great bang-for-the-buck ratio. :tu:

Yes! :-)

Many thanks for that.

Intended to be useful, fresh and vintage at the same time. Guaranteed fun!

---
Last edited by synthesite on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Any additional musical demos etc that would be ideal?

---
Last edited by synthesite on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is an excellent library, and an AMAZING deal.
Really well recorded samples that capture the spirit and 'aliveness' of those wonderful Fairlight and Synclavier etc machines.

I hope other people also buy it. I'm really enjoying using the library Patrick 8)

It might be an idea to stick up another video, just to show how excellent these sounds really are.

ps, please keep on going with your Roland D50 library idea!

Cheers,
DW

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately the D-50 was just sold.

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:48 am As it seems that this library doesn´t get the attention it deserves, here´s a free endorsement by a happy user :phones:

While one might be eager to point out that such a library is not "80s-only", as it really contains a bunch of everything, I guess that also makes it quite hard to find the correct target demographic.

For me, at least, it´s a marvelous "old school synth pop"-library, as there´s a ton of authentic-sounding bits and pieces that are reminiscent of early Art of Noise, Pet Shop Boys and OMD. Not my first choice for modern, hi-fi-overcompressed-glossy electro sounds, but definitely the first folder I open when I´m looking for something more classic.

No glossy Kontakt Player interface, but all´s well sampled and immediately usable, great bang-for-the-buck ratio. :tu:
Thank you very much! I could need some product reviews here on KVR, would you care to? Kudos from Sweden!

Return to “Soundware”