Call to Arms: Charity 2017 ($37731 final result raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATN69 wrote:Last in first out is the rule if there are equal bids. It’s easy to see in the bid history who put 15$ first and who put it last

I want to add that mistakes can of course be made but the record is the proof. As a bidder you can keep track of the things you bid on and if there is a mistake it you can point it out to Luftrum.

Just wait until the last hours of the auction. It will be messy for sure so you better keep track of the bids of the stuff you are bidding on
Yeah, I thought LIFO would be in place, but I also understand this is not at all an easy thing to do :)
Last edited by Koshdukai on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ere2learn wrote:Tritik Coupon Code - $30
Tritik Coupon Code - $25
LOL, there ya go ;P

Edit: the above meaning "now that's the way to solve the issue: outbidding, problem solved!" :)
Last edited by Koshdukai on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unfinished Omnisphere Bundle - 70$
Bitwig Studio #1 - 110$
Spire + Sound Bundle #1 - 70$
Softube Volume 1 bundle #1 - 110$

koshdukai wrote:
ere2learn wrote:Tritik Coupon Code - $30
Tritik Coupon Code - $25
LOL, there ya go ;P
ere2learn bids will replace #2 and #3 (It doesn't matter which is which!). The rule is to replace from the less to the more, from up to down, so the above will be:
Tritik Coupon Code #1. High bidder: mistereventhorizonz $20
Tritik Coupon Code #2. High bidder: ere2learn $30
Tritik Coupon Code #3. High bidder: ere2learn $25

The next one will replace #1 and the next will replace #3 (if #1 is more than #3) ...etc

EnGee wrote:The rule is to replace from the less to the more, from up to down
Exactly this! I have no way controlling who bid last, who bid 2nd, 1st etc. and agree in the ideal world this would be the most fair way to replace bids but it's waaaay too time consuming for me. so rule is: Equal bids are replaced starting from the top going down, also described on the frontpage quoting: "When I stumble upon two equal bids in a product group, I will replace starting from the top going down. "

:)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Just a suggestion... I know keeping track of bidding order is too much work, but I think the issue (or at least part of it) could be solved if you add and replace from opposite directions. So add from bottom, replace from top, or add from top, replace from bottom. It's not so much extra works compared to keeping tracks of everyone's bidding time.

Related to this, I think the easiest thing to do (as I said, Luftrum is already doing A LOT!) is for those that may feel affected by this, to just add a comment, requesting a correction, with links proving they are the oldest bidder.

But, most likely, in most cases, this is a non-issue because someone will eventually solve it by outbidding :D (like ere2learn did, eheh).

Unless kvraudio.com develops a "bidding" system, we'll have to deal with this as is :)

Inear Display bundle $70

Not that it matters now but i agree that my bid should have been the first to go since it was the last placed.

As I said before. The last hour of this auction will be crazy. It was crazy every year and the only way for a bidder to keep track of newest, oldest and highest bid will be to follow this thread. As a bidder you normally only have a few items to keep an eye on. In the last hours of the auction Luftrum will not stand a chance to update every bid as it comes in, so it's really up to you as a bidder to do it. And trust me when I say that all bidding happening now is just a warm up :D ..and doesn't really count much. It is the final bids when the auction is closing that really counts.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

PSP ProcessorPack: $80

ATN69 wrote:As I said before. The last hour of this auction will be crazy. It was crazy every year and the only way for a bidder to keep track of newest, oldest and highest bid will be to follow this thread. As a bidder you normally only have a few items to keep an eye on. In the last hours of the auction Luftrum will not stand a chance to update every bid as it comes in, so it's really up to you as a bidder to do it. And trust me when I say that all bidding happening now is just a warm up :D ..and doesn't really count much. It is the final bids when the auction is closing that really counts.
Wait, you're telling me I'm not going to get a Monark for $15??? awww maaaan :scared: !

(kidding :party: obviously)

Yeah, I never got into something like this (mostly because I'm always broke... :roll: ) so I can only imagine how the last few hours will go :hyper:

ok, ok, I'll stop "chatting" to let people do serious bidding. Sorry! :)
(I'm already past my limit, so... will only bid again if someone outbids me)

I hope the last made matching bid will be removed first as a rule as it's more fair that way. Otherwise someone can just continually match your bid and sit back comfortably knowing the original bidder will get knocked out first. If the top to bottom rule is the way Luftrum is going, then surely my $50 tantra bid should in position #2 because I bid the amount first.

jjj115 wrote:I hope the last made matching bid will be removed first as a rule as it's more fair that way. Otherwise someone can just continually match your bid and sit back comfortably knowing the original bidder will get knocked out first. If the top to bottom rule is the way Luftrum is going, then surely my $50 tantra bid should in position #2 because I bid the amount first.
If person A and B bid $50 for an item it's the first bid time wise that counts. If you are the original bidder, or first bidder from a time stamp point of view, you are the winner. So it's not possible to match bids. Besides, this is a charity so higher bid = better for children in need.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
If person A and B bid $50 for an item it's the first bid time wise that counts. If you are the original bidder, or first bidder from a time stamp point of view, you are the winner. So it's not possible to match bids. Besides, this is a charity so higher bid = better for children in need.
Yes, correct. But as soon as someone bids $55, I am removed first because I'm #1 in the bids. The later bidder at #2 remains. Luftrum's top to bottom rule means #1 bid goes first, stated in the first page.

Return to “Instruments”