A Komplete replacement ?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Hello KVR o/

I'm searching for a Komplete replacement with plugins from other devs.
Something that wouldn't exceed the price of the standard Komplete.
A selection of plugins that could help get started for most situation.
Probably a good synth, some drums/beats stuff, maybe an effect suite (if not duplicate from those of the DAWs), maybe something to mix and master, what do i know...
I know these VSTs don't go cheap but 3-4 great all-around plugins could probably do the job, or I hope so.

What would be your choice ?

i don't think there exists value better than (or even remotely comparable to) Komplete, to be honest.
Last edited by Burillo on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Not a Komplete replacement, but the Rob Papen 'Explorer' bundle seems like a pretty good deal (if you're upgrading in particular).

Komplete is the best value really, it would be hard to get so many instruments for a similar price.

To start, the synths included are really great: Massive is a workhorse, Absynth can go into interesting territories, FM8 is probably the best FM synth around, and then you get Reaktor that is simply one of the, if not the most, powerful synths in the market. And then you get the reaktor ensembles: monark, forms, kontour and Prism. Trying to get 4 synths that can match that would go into 600 USD at least.

Then you get some acoustic drums for kontakt and battery for handling drum samples (which packs a good number of electronic kits).

Then lots of sampled based keyboard instruments: pianos, electric pianos, organs and sampled synths.

FX: guitar rig is a very powerful multi effects suite, plus some extra stuff.

Seriously it would be incredible hard to get something as complete with the same money, even if you go with the best deals in the audio software world.
dedication to flying

Komplete includes Kontakt and Reaktor, and there's nothing available to even remotely replace either. NI is the top dog, end of story.

All right :'(

Komplete it will be.

violetcitron wrote:Hello KVR o/

I'm searching for a Komplete replacement with plugins from other devs.
Something that wouldn't exceed the price of the standard Komplete.
A selection of plugins that could help get started for most situation.
Probably a good synth, some drums/beats stuff, maybe an effect suite (if not duplicate from those of the DAWs), maybe something to mix and master, what do i know...
I know these VSTs don't go cheap but 3-4 great all-around plugins could probably do the job, or I hope so.

What would be your choice ?
Interesting, I always think of the perfect 'minimum' plugins that are required for my music!

But first, what DAW you are using? Because some DAWs comes already with very good instruments/effects. For example, I use mainly Cubase 9 Pro which comes with great tools. Artist version is the same (about instruments), while if I want to work with Reaper (I have ver 5), I need 3rd party instruments and effects.

Yes, Komplete is hard to beat, but I prefer to make my own 'Komplete'! Buying the only tools that you really love (not only like!) is the best way to be inspired IMO. The only thing is hard to replace is Kontakt (which I don't have!), but do you really need it?

I don't have Komplete, neither I want to buy it! Yes, I have some of NI synths that I bought individually (includes Reaktor), but I wouldn't buy so many tools that will just sit there without using them or without liking them (they would be like junk for me).
Another reason is other instruments/synths from other developers that I prefer, as, u-he, Synapse Audio, Korg, Steinberg, Waldorf, Air, XLN, ..etc. I have a great collection now which sure cost me more than Komplete, but I didn't buy all of them at the same time, I bought them one by one over the past years ;)

Try and find an older version of Komplete for sale here. I would imagine you could find Komplete 8-9 for about 1/3 the price of new Komplete, and the vast majority of the must have plugins would still be included. All they add year on year now is mostly sampled content. It's rare you'll find they add anything new to the plugins that's really necessary.

If you don't know what you need, go Komplete. I do, so instead I could hand-pick a number of interesting synths that perfectly satisfy my needs. It also depends on your DAW - Ableton is great for drums and samples, so I don't need these in particular.

Other instruments come bundled with hardware, I assume you are going to get some eventually?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You could try Mux, or get Mulab as Mux comes built into it
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

btw, there is a charity auction which has Komplete 11 (standard and ultra), not only but there are also great music tools from many companies:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=492028

You might find something useful as well in the 2nd hand charity auction ;)

Thanks all
I have Bitwig 1 for DAW, it doesnt come with a lot. And I won't buy hardware. Neither do I have enough knowledge to build my own synth in Mux.

I did some research and out of what is not found in komplete what I found most useful is a drums synth like Chromaphone 2.

Anyway, yeah, as I don't really know what else to look for, especially in the myriad of synth, komplete must have what I need.
I'll wait for black friday.

violetcitron wrote:Thanks all
I have Bitwig 1 for DAW, it doesnt come with a lot. And I won't buy hardware. Neither do I have enough knowledge to build my own synth in Mux.

I did some research and out of what is not found in komplete what I found most useful is a drums synth like Chromaphone 2.

Anyway, yeah, as I don't really know what else to look for, especially in the myriad of synth, komplete must have what I need.
I'll wait for black friday.
Komplete doesn't go on sale on black friday, only individual products.

The cheaper way to Komplete is to get the Komplete Select bundle (200) and wait for the annual upgrade sale (50% off), so you could get Komplete Standard for another 200 or Ultimate for 500.

Since you are on Bitwig in the meantime you could get 1 synth and a good bunch of drum samples, if you are producing Electronic music I would suggest getting some cost efficient tools: U.he Ace is a very powerful synth, that sounds pretty good for 69 USD and then get some drum samples yo use with Bitwig drum instrument (I come from Live and it is pretty much the same, and I prefer to use this internal drum instrument to something like battery).

For drum samples look into Wave Alchemy or Sample Magic, they have very good bundles, also Mode Audio. The synth drums package of Wave alchemy is quite good, that plus ACE and the included Bitwig FX and instruments should more than enough to start.

Less is more ;)
dedication to flying

Live Suite :ud:

Works for me ...

A Komplete replacement? Kontakt and Reaktor and something something something.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”