Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Thanks, I'll definitely relay these suggestions to the team and if there is news to share on upcoming features I will surely do so. Thanks!

Peter,

IK's tech support system is not functional at all. In fact it seems there is no tech support available. You can't reach them by phone. You can't reach them using the forum and you can't reach them through the official support. It's been almost 2 months and nobody was interested to look into my case. They took so long that my computer is not exactly the same system it was anymore... which makes my original ticket totally useless. During this time I have received well over 50 marketing e-mails.

By the way, they couldn't be bothered to update the manual either.

I'd like to be fair and always tend to give a company a chance (or 30) before I make a public comment. Even though the product itself is very good, but there's absolutely no support for it. The only way to get them talk to you , is to come here and make a public post, then you get in touch with them, and then ....someone drops a message just for that one time. This hardly counts for anything!

Also, when you create a ticket, there's an automated message saying that there will be a response within 24 hours...or something to that effect. IK's tech support has a lot to learn from its marketing team for sure. Please relay this suggestion as well.

Thanks

I haven't had any problems with IK beyond needing help registering a product, which they were prompt and responsive with.

I don't think it is just IK with this lack of tech support perception issue. Many companies seem to have cut back on tech support resources in recent years. A few of the best ones may seem responsive, but the answers are mostly scripted, with references to following knowledge base articles.

Real one-on-one interaction with a support engineer is rare these days.

Tech support is expensive. We all want great products at the lowest possible price point. Something has to give. So we are in a race to the bottom.

If phone support is offered, it often gets tangled up with folks abusing it with "how to" questions, that could have been answered with a quick google search, FAQ, or RTFM.

Bottom line, I rarely need actual tech support with most of the products I use. But is frustrating when you can document a real bug and it is difficult to get the attention of somebody in a position to fix it. I am not pointing a finger at any company in particular, but improving this could be a way for IK, or others like them, to differentiate their brand from the masses of mediocrity.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Although it's not expected from every company to have a phone support, but it is expected of every legitimate self respecting company to have a meaningful and effective support plan in place. I've been in contact with over 30 companies over the past year (so this is all recent communication) and most of them get back to you within a day if not on the same day. With some I had technical question about advanced midi routing and I hadn't even bought their products yet....so yes there is such a thing as tech support and it's not rare at all.

There's a huge hole in IK's customer support. There's no excuse that can fix that! Again, I've never complained about their actual product that I've bought. I've been with IK for a long time.

The cases you mention that need a public post and/or my attention are the exception rather than the rule. I am sorry to hear that you've had an experience that is an exception as I don't want anybody to be such an exception. I do offer to help and will continue to do so and I'm sure your issue will be resolved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention in the past and now.

For those interested in the iPad version:

Syntronik 1.0.1 is now available on the App Store.

What’s new:

- New MIDI channel assignment parameter in Settings
- Faster sound database rebuilding
- Manual value insertion for parameters is now available by tapping the value display
- Fixes a potential crash loading Instruments via MIDI Remote
- In-App keyboard responsiveness improvements
- Fixes a problem with the arpeggiator trigger
- Fixes tempo sync issues with Inter-App Audio hosts
- Improved purchasing experience with In-App purchases process
- General reliability improvements

Where is the promised 1.1 version of the VSTi version ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

For a second there it had me going...

Then I saw "iPad".

Teksonik wrote:Where is the promised 1.1 version of the VSTi version ?
There will be further updates to both desktop and iPad versions, and of course I'll share that news when said updates are available.

stupid question, i want to install all sound packs for my full version of syntronik, but the installer says Sampletank 3 folder? i have no sampletank 3.

shall i still point it to a sampletank 3 folder? even if i want to use it in syntronik

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yeah that's fine - It's just that Syntronik's instruments are in 'SampleTank 3' format and can be loaded into Sample Tank if the user wants. Just in the same way that you have Kontakt based instruments normally request to go in the Kontakt folder when installing.

mcbpete wrote:Yeah that's fine - It's just that Syntronik's instruments are in 'SampleTank 3' format and can be loaded into Sample Tank if the user wants. Just in the same way that you have Kontakt based instruments normally request to go in the Kontakt folder when installing.
thanks mcbpete!
ok this explains it, i might upgrade to sampletank3 some time cause of the bigger gui and 64bit support, i got old projects with the old versions.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

SampleTank 3 CE is free, and the release 3.7 has some new goodies included to support the Syntronik instruments. So it is worth grabbing because you can use all of the effects in ST3, including a couple of new ones. Plus you can multi up to 16 parts! :tu:

peter, it would be cool when you double click on a knob that it resets the value. something which nearly every vst has nowadays

zzz00m wrote:SampleTank 3 CE is free, and the release 3.7 has some new goodies included to support the Syntronik instruments. So it is worth grabbing because you can use all of the effects in ST3, including a couple of new ones. Plus you can multi up to 16 parts! :tu:
have they implemented the DRIFT thing into ST3 yet?

Return to “Instruments”