Bitwig 2.2 - Release

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bolba wrote:
antic604 wrote:
bolba wrote:Not true for you or for me? I'm a bit worried.
You said "it's not necessary" to negate the other guy's post, as if to say "it never happens", when - from my experience - it does happen occasionally and definitely much more frequently than in versions prior to 2.2

Obviously, it can be only happening to some people due to their individual setup (operational system, audio drivers, audio hardware, etc.) but you should not discard someone's bug report outright just because it doesn't happen for you :)
I answered original poster's "necessary" as it seems like he should Activate Engine each launch, which is not true for me and seems like not true for you.
Ok?
Well, you said...
It's not necessary. You either open empty default project or one from the list at the dashboard. All come with Engine activated (unless you open 2 of them).
...which I took as a statement that it never happens, i.e. that the engine - for single project - is always on, which wasn't my experience. I might have interpreted that wrong. Let's not delve on it any further :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

re23071998 wrote:
soFLYparis wrote:any of you guys experience problem with VST's interface? (they now all look low resolution and the waves one are cropped).

Also since the update, some of my bitwig projects now use more CPU than they used to...
Yes, I also noticed 2.2 use more CPU

Ubuntu 16.04.3
Linux 4.10

After a few exchange with Bitwig support, changed the scaling options on windows (from 175% to 100%) and I can finally use all my vst (just have to get closer to the screen now lol)

:phones:

soFLYparis wrote:After a few exchange with Bitwig support, changed the scaling options on windows (from 175% to 100%) and I can finally use all my vst (just have to get closer to the screen now lol)
That's weird. Was it an issue in previous versions too, because for me nothing changed. I have Win10 at 200% (which is the recommended value for Surface Pro 4) and all VSTs look proper size and not pixelated. Actually Bitwig is the only DAW that works properly on this device in terms of plugin scaling - both Live and Studio One show too small plugins (imagine those on 12" screen):

Bitwig 2:

Live 9:

Studio One 3.5:

------------

Do you happen to have Override high-DPI scaling in Compatilibity options enabled by any chance?
Music tech enthusiast

There's definitely an issue with Bitwig and OpenGL plugins recently, at least on my system. I submitted a couple of bug reports during the latest beta but haven't heard anything back yet.

Specifically the Fabfilter, Unfiltered Audio and Newfangled Audio plugins I'm having trouble with at the moment. They all use OpenGL acceleration as far as I'm aware.

Yes! I just noticed that my Audio Damage plugin GUIs are completely screwed. I thought it was an Audio Damage thing but come to think of it, it's only been since Bitwig 2.2. There's a bunch of black space and the GUIs are too small within the window.

They've mentioned several changes to plugin GUI handling in 2.2 changelog:

IMPROVED Support DPI Aware plug-ins on Windows (if they implement PreSonus Plug-In Extensions).
IMPROVED Improved compatibility with HiDPI plug-ins on Windows.
IMPROVED Better support for resizing of plug-in windows.

too bad it sounds like it is for the worse :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:They've mentioned several changes to plugin GUI handling in 2.2 changelog:

IMPROVED Support DPI Aware plug-ins on Windows (if they implement PreSonus Plug-In Extensions).
IMPROVED Improved compatibility with HiDPI plug-ins on Windows.
IMPROVED Better support for resizing of plug-in windows.

too bad it sounds like it is for the worse :(
Not for everyone....we need to work out what configurations (Mac, PC?) or plugs or graphics cards are affected to help BWS team fix it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi guys,

I have two major problems with 2.2.1:

I recorded a pitchbend automation. Now I still want to move the pitchbend while playing, so the live input has priority over the recorded automation.

I neither can hear my live input nor overwrite the existing automation line. I also tried automation overwrite and write buttons...

I assume am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug?? I cannot change midi automation D:

Second problem is the very slow GUI. Using macOS 10.12.6 retina, the GUI speed and also reaction time becomes very slow while song playing. I don't use much CPU in my project and have a really fast GT 1050 graphics.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2.2.2 Up
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

FIXED Engine crashes when toggling off MIDI clock for a MIDI output that is being sent to from a HW Instrument.
:tu:

Thank you for this update! I especially like the option to run BSW in Table Mode on my touch-screen laptop. With a Diatonic Transposer on the strip you're touching into Seaboard Land :-)

But I was disappointed with yet another upgrade without fixing the Sampler patch saving issue! If a patch is created as a standalone patch BWS will automatically break out all samples and save them as separate files into a folder inside the project folder. Very "user-unfriendly"! "Exporting all files with project" should be optional and global by the Dashboard - not forced on use like in the current version.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Yeah, there are a bunch of those little gotchas throughout the program. Some pretty long-standing.

Hey guys just wanted to see if any of you guys are having this issue with running Bitwig 2.2 with a MacBook Pro and external Display. When I run BitWig in (Display Profile) Single Display Large Mode every time I open certain plugins they open on my secondary monitor which is the Mac Book Pro instead of the External Display which is my main display for everything. It' s weird. I know the plugins remember where they last opened in BitWig in 2.2. They default to the same location overtime top left corner on the secondary monitor. Its driving me nuts.......... I am trying to think if there is some setting I am missing here ? Thanks ....... Peter P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”