Looking for a decent AU VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stardustmedia wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
fisherKing wrote:am looking for a reverb plugin with a dry output only. recommendations? also, an aax plugin with vst, but no au, unless it's vst3. help!
http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=5

You're welcome.
But no AU(tsch)
It's not possible to have a totally dry plugin on a mac, because mac owners are all wet to begin with. Why do you think that everything about a mac looks wet?

ghettosynth wrote:
It's not possible to have a totally dry plugin on a mac, because mac owners are all wet to begin with. Why do you think that everything about a mac looks wet?
Macs are so sexy, they make me wet :lol:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Macs are so sexy, they make me wet :lol:
Laughing WET tears! AUtsch!

martinjuenke wrote:Guys, be fair! AU is the syllable that describes the sudden feeling of pain (at least here in Germany). So: this young man wants to have a plugin that hurts him badly and makes him cry „AU“ (maybe he is a grandchild of Sacher-Masoch!?). I recommend the recently released THORN...
:evil:
I'm not sure any plugin format will suffice—perhaps a Virus? :D

this thread has devolved pretty quickly (and the bar was low to begin with). and this is why i love this forum!

fisherKing wrote:this thread has devolved pretty quickly (and the bar was low to begin with). and this is why i love this forum!
It's kinda mean, but as you say, the bar was set very low. At least if the OP would chime in, maybe he could clarify some of the questions.

fisherKing wrote:this thread has devolved pretty quickly (and the bar was low to begin with). and this is why i love this forum!
Me too! :tu:

stardustmedia wrote:
It's kinda mean, but as you say, the bar was set very low. At least if the OP would chime in, maybe he could clarify some of the questions.
mean? it can't be, the original post is completely unintelligible; it has to be a joke. (altho, if not, it needs serious explaining).

btw does your mom know you're away from the lph forum? :D
Last edited by fisherKing on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THIS is really a decent AU VST, still rocking my channel strips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4YWrUDQvU

Let me try to make a translation. This guy is trying a VST plug-in (and for him the word plug-in and VST are synonyms). He seems to not dislike it. Then he tried the AU VST (read the AU plug-in). He finally tried the VST3 version.

For some reason he finds that the AU plug-in (his AU VST) is the best for whatever he is trying to do. The VST3 VST is not bad, the VST VST is not bad either but the AU VST (which should be read as the AU version of whatever plug-in he is trying) is the one he finds the best. :D

Anyway, he may have been smoking something before posting. My two cents :party:
Fernando (FMR)

OP's been here since 2004, so he must know... something. what DAW? WHICH plugin? it's definitely mysterious (and fmr's post above almost explains it...) 8)

fmr wrote:Let me try to make a translation. This guy is trying a VST plug-in (and for him the word plug-in and VST are synonyms). He seems to not dislike it. Then he tried the AU VST (read the AU plug-in). He finally tried the VST3 version.

For some reason he finds that the AU plug-in (his AU VST) is the best for whatever he is trying to do. The VST3 VST is not bad, the VST VST is not bad either but the AU VST (which should be read as the AU version of whatever plug-in he is trying) is the one he finds the best. :D

Anyway, he may have been smoking something before posting. My two cents :party:
Yeah, thanks... but.... WHIIIICH? :x :cry: :dog:

:D :D :D

Who knows? But, at least if you Google "decent VST" you now get this informative thread...rather than one of those Musicradar lists :D

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

stardustmedia wrote:THIS is really a decent AU VST, still rocking my channel strips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4YWrUDQvU

This plugin is dope. I find it great to put in between my plugins in Reaper. As you know, Reaper puts all of the plugins in a vertical stack and since heat rises you sometimes get some unwanted distortion in the upper plugins. If I put a rack spacer between each of them this issue tends to be minimized.

I do find that the additional airflow provided by the hipster spacer seems to work better than the other spacers. I'm not trying to judge here, just saying, the other spacers help as well but the hipster spacer allows air to flow in from the front of my monitor. Granted the thug spacer has some airflow, but, it's just not quite enough and I'm not convinced that the same care and attention to detail clearly present in the hipster vents was put into those holes in the thug spacer.

Maybe if you do hip hop, the additional heat with just the right amount of flow is just the ticket. Since I mostly do ambient and experimental music that nobody listens to, I prefer the extra air.

Return to “Instruments”