Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

meta-redundant wrote:I'm new to the extension - and I might be missing something obvious - but in the installation documentation, it says that there should be some supporting files in the .zip archive, notably the Push2Display application. The current archive (DrivenByMoss.zip) is only a 800kb download, and it only contains the .bwextension - I'm thinking maybe the supporting resource files accidentally weren't added?

Again, apologies if I have this wrong :)
See the Installation manual:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... stallation

Note: This will be getting easier in the not too far future...

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
SB-SIX wrote:A friend of mine with a push2 tried bitwig (latest demo 2.2) for the first time and installed the extension, but the push2 display was not working for him (mac os).
I decided to join the discussion. Thanks for mentioning my issue :D
moss wrote:
meta-redundant wrote:I'm new to the extension - and I might be missing something obvious - but in the installation documentation, it says that there should be some supporting files in the .zip archive, notably the Push2Display application. The current archive (<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">DrivenByMoss.zip</span>) is only a 800kb download, and it only contains the .bwextension - I'm thinking maybe the supporting resource files accidentally weren't added?

Again, apologies if I have this wrong :)
See the Installation manual:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... tion</span (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/wiki/Installation%3C/span)>

Note: This will be getting easier in the not too far future...
Thanks, I was having the same problem not finding the files. I only found them in the ZIP file of the old version, so I used that but I suspected something was not right since you mentioned other foldernames in the ZIP file (\resources). I guess that's why I'm experiencing the problems with Push2display on my Push 2 metntioned by SBSIX. To elaborate: I don't get all the display stuff I see in the YouTube video's. I get error's in the java app and it a runs over 100%. When that happens the screen starts flickering.

About your last remark. I read somewhere version 10 won't need the java app anymore. I'm very exited to hear that and it sounds like a big improvement. Any hint when that version may be released? I'm also happy to volunteer as beta tester since I also to this for other projects too.

meta-redundant wrote:Thanks, I was having the same problem not finding the files. I only found them in the ZIP file of the old version, so I used that but I suspected something was not right since you mentioned other foldernames in the ZIP file (\resources). I guess that's why I'm experiencing the problems with Push2display on my Push 2 metntioned by SBSIX. To elaborate: I don't get all the display stuff I see in the YouTube video's. I get error's in the java app and it a runs over 100%. When that happens the screen starts flickering.
This should work fine with the correct version from the new upload.
meta-redundant wrote:About your last remark. I read somewhere version 10 won't need the java app anymore. I'm very exited to hear that and it sounds like a big improvement. Any hint when that version may be released? I'm also happy to volunteer as beta tester since I also to this for other projects too.
This is not up to me. Bitwig needs to extend the API quite a lot to support that. There is a prototype but it did not make it in 2.2 since it needs more testing.

moss wrote:
meta-redundant wrote:I'm thinking maybe the supporting resource files accidentally weren't added?
Arrrghhh. Sorry for that. Please redownload, I added the missing files.
That was it - works great now, thank you!

Wow - I've only spent a few minutes with it, and I am really impressed. Fantastic work Moss! :clap:
Bitwig 2.4 | Intel i9 7940X | Win10 | RME UCX | Focal SM9

I'm trying this out with a borrowed Push 1 to see how it works for me and it's a fantastic thing.

The only issue I'm having in BWS 2.2 and High Sierra is a laggy Push display, but this seems intermittent. Sometimes it's working really well, and other times it can take a few seconds to update the screen when switching between pages, changing parameters, changing octaves etc. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

moss wrote: This should work fine with the correct version from the new upload.

This is not up to me. Bitwig needs to extend the API quite a lot to support that. There is a prototype but it did not make it in 2.2 since it needs more testing.
1st: It did! Great job! :clap:
Is there a donate button somewhere? I would like to show some gratitude for all the hard work.

2nd: Ah, I understand. So it could take a while. Now problem actually since the current version works much better than I expected. :tu:

Wait?!
What?!
Now i can put send fx in a group and you can tinker it from the PUSH, before it didnt work.
Waaaah nice!

Thanks to you I just ordered a Push 2. My wallet is not happy. ;-)

Bug I just came across:

- create some tracks
- name one Tréck
- on Push: press Device button
- press Track button
= Track names are gone

- name a track œ (Alt-ö)
= Script quits: Xlq: Invalid sysex string
Naming a device œ works.

svervs wrote:Bug I just came across:

- create some tracks
- name one Tréck
- on Push: press Device button
- press Track button
= Track names are gone

- name a track œ (Alt-ö)
= Script quits: Xlq: Invalid sysex string
Naming a device œ works.
I fixed this for German umlauts but did not check other characters :-)
Will need to look into that.

Edit: That was actually wrong what I wrote. I have such a fix in the MCU script but not for Push. Will add it.

A small update is up:

#9.24
* Fixed: Drawing of scene birds eye view was not correct if scene/track numbers were not a multiple of 8.
* Fixed: Push 1: Non-ASCII characters in track names did not work

Enjoy!

moss wrote:
tusk wrote:A question about drum sequencer. It's a great tool but I am having trouble moving incrementally up the notes. What I mean is if I select "Note" and then "Drum 4", I am instantly shown C1-D#1 as notes to trigger. If I press "Octave Up" I am only shown E2-G2. What if I want to edit notes on E1-G#1 for example?
Thank you Moss! But now I have the same problem in "Sequence" Mode. I can only see C1-Gb1 or C2-Gb2.... how can I see notes G-B in each octave?
Thank you!

So I played with my recently purchased Push2 for a few days and I'm mindblown!

Your script is awesome, I'm having so much fun with it!

One thing I couldn't figure out:

I would like to be able to control the clip launching from the topmost level, so I can launch the scenes of all topgroups. But at the same time I'd like to be able to control the parameters of a plugin that is in a channel within a group.

Whenever I select that plugin the cliplauncher switches to the clips within that group. When I go outside the group I lose control over the plugin. Is there any way to achieve what I want?

larsomat wrote: Whenever I select that plugin the cliplauncher switches to the clips within that group. When I go outside the group I lose control over the plugin. Is there any way to achieve what I want?
I don't think so. But maybe you can ask this question in the main forum since it is not only related to Push. Maybe someone else has an idea.

moss wrote:
larsomat wrote: Whenever I select that plugin the cliplauncher switches to the clips within that group. When I go outside the group I lose control over the plugin. Is there any way to achieve what I want?
I don't think so. But maybe you can ask this question in the main forum since it is not only related to Push. Maybe someone else has an idea.
Hm, ok, thanks. I guess I'll just drag the the track I want to automate to the toplevel and route the audio back to the group then.

Would have been great to be able to lock the device control to a certain device, or at least be able to jump back to that device very quickly...

Return to “Controller Scripting”